• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Most of what I've heard has been said already...

...some kid told me his friend didn't believe the Dojo was the official site, and didn't think Snake was in it because it wasn't confirmed officially...this was the day Galaxy came out...

I've had many people who play video games ask me who a certain character is (Friday while playing Melee someone asked who Roy was and after telling them they still had no idea), refer to Samus as a guy, and the best was from 2 guys and a girl...3 different statements...

PS3 fanboy said Melee was TOO easy for him and that it was so EASY that he lost to his little brother.

Xbox/Halo fanboy made fan of us for playing Melee (also Mario Kart 64) and then proceeded to play with us and have fun.

A female friend of mine said she had no interest in Melee at all whatsoever and that because of such the game sucked...I then convinced her to play it, which she did for an hour having fun but giving up in the end.

I also had another guy who didn't know the Dojo existed, and others who had no idea who was in the game. I had one guy think my predicted roster was the actual roster...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'm 20, but no one really heard of them. I'm sure most older gamers can vouche for that.

And your post only hurts your argument. The majority of Nintendo's fanbase is teens. You're saying that you must be around 25 to know IC and Game and Watch before Melee. So how exactly are they more known if they wer eonly known by a smaller group of people?

Llumys

Smash Champion
Well, this first one isn't exactly about Brawl.

"I find it funny how it says "only for GameCube" on the Melee box."
"... Why? Is the truth funny?"
"Well, my cousin in France has it for GameBoy."

The same kid again...

"The Wii controls suck. Don't buy a Wii. My friend has one and it sucks! I'm definatly getting Brawl for GameCube.
"Brawl is only coming out on Wii and the Wii controls don't suck."
"Well you always have to point on the screen and you use a remote."
"It's like a controller, and in most games you only need to point on certain occasions."
"Whatever, you'll see when I get Brawl for GameCube."
"It's not coming out for GameCube... It says on the official sites."
"It says it is on IGN and GameSpot..."
"..."

So many more... This kid annoys me daily. I'll post some more later.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
What my 4 year old son just said
" Is Brawl out yet?"
when i said no he told me to **** off.

seriously. he actually said a very bad word... that i taught him. i just had to share this with you guys. it made me laugh.

Marcman2020

Smash Cadet
Oh! I got some

I've heard people say the following:

"Awesome! Snake's in brawl? Will there be blood? Oh, then screw this game...It's for kids..."

"Becuase Snake is watered down in Brawl, this means future metal gear games will be watered down too! I HATE NINTENDO NOW THEY RUINED METAL GEAR AAAAARGH!!!"

"Sonic will never get into brawl becuase all he can do is twirl"

"I'm not buying this game anymore becuase Sonic ruined it..."

"OMG, MARIO X KIRBY IS CANON KAWAII OMG YAOI!!!"

Gamer2774

Smash Cadet
Oh! I got some

I've heard people say the following:

"Awesome! Snake's in brawl? Will there be blood? Oh, then screw this game...It's for kids..."

"Becuase Snake is watered down in Brawl, this means future metal gear games will be watered down too! I HATE NINTENDO NOW THEY RUINED METAL GEAR AAAAARGH!!!"

"Sonic will never get into brawl becuase all he can do is twirl"

"I'm not buying this game anymore becuase Sonic ruined it..."

"OMG, MARIO X KIRBY IS CANON KAWAII OMG YAOI!!!"
how do people say some of these things. espically the last one I mean wow.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
how do people say some of these things. espically the last one I mean wow.
They don't.

Nearly every post in this thread is either blatant flamebaiting or a completely false retelling that they think is funny or will get a reaction.

Or both.

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
They don't.

Nearly every post in this thread is either blatant flamebaiting or a completely false retelling that they think is funny or will get a reaction.

Or both.
I think you'd be unpleasantly suprised if you look around.

Best one for me is
"The Dojo is a piece of crap, I'll stick with Gamespot."

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
I think you'd be unpleasantly suprised if you look around.
I've looked. I don't deny that there are *******, but most of the ones trying to be funny try too hard and go past "blatantly false" and "unfunny" at the same time.

It's not like this is the first thread on the internet to do it.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
"OMG SORA SHOULD BE IN DA GAME!!!! AND FOR HIS FINAL SMASH, HE COULD GO IN TO A RANDOM DRIVE FORM AND...BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

"MAN!! THEY SHOULD PUT GOKU IN!!!! HE WOULD BE DANGEROUS!!!!"

I hate those kids...

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
I grew up with Game and Watch games and was born in the '90s. I played the Game and Watch Gallery games they had on the GBC that nobody seems to remember.

I didn't go "OMG WTF" at his inclusion at all, it was just yet another part of my childhood.

It's not a matter of remembering the character himself, since that's impossible, it's remembering the series he stood for and the elements from them.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I grew up with Game and Watch games and was born in the '90s. I played the Game and Watch Gallery games they had on the GBC that nobody seems to remember.

I didn't go "OMG WTF" at his inclusion at all, it was just yet another part of my childhood.

It's not a matter of remembering the the character himself, since that's impossible, it's remembering the series he stood for and the elements from them.
Just to add to this conversation.... the G&W Gallery games were among the best things known to mankind. I was ecstatic to see Mr. G&W in Melee.

Speaking of which: "There's no way Mr. Game & Watch is coming back."

NO. JUST, NO.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
my friend: Gamestop is sold out of preorders for brawl
me: no a pre order is basically you telling the store to order the game for you
my friend: no they only take like 50
me: no, they don"t

THE NEXT DAY

me: i called gamestop and they said they wern't sold out of pre orders like you asid they were yesterday
my friend: i never said that
me:...

iLink

Smash Champion
"I'm going to own your little link with ike!"

Eh, didn't sound as bad before we knew ike was uber slow

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
not about brawl but about smash in general:
*on an SSBB video after the guy asked what smash was and got a reply...

sez who! i think the mario partys are better! whos with me!
gameguy09

mario party is fun but beating the crap outta ppl is even more fun!
pablovirus

Mario party is not a fighter, how can you compare?, and it's based 90% on pure luck. And it's mostly crappy mini games.
IT's fun, yes, but SSBM is also fun and can be played at a competitive level.
If you dont like fighting games that's fine, but saying mario party is better is just TOO wrong.

ive played all i did was win win win its 2 easy man i'm getting Mario Party DS (Whoot!)i dont care if u hate it ill just post badd comments on your channel
pablovirus

You're threatening me?
How old are you, 7?
Just go on playing Mario party, I hope you get many Hidden Star blocks and stuff (wee! super fun!).

thnx 4 being nice oh i'm not 7 i am 9

Kasek

Smash Ace
not about brawl but about smash in general:
*on an SSBB video after the guy asked what smash was and got a reply...

sez who! i think the mario partys are better! whos with me!
gameguy09

mario party is fun but beating the crap outta ppl is even more fun!
pablovirus

Mario party is not a fighter, how can you compare?, and it's based 90% on pure luck. And it's mostly crappy mini games.
IT's fun, yes, but SSBM is also fun and can be played at a competitive level.
If you dont like fighting games that's fine, but saying mario party is better is just TOO wrong.

ive played all i did was win win win its 2 easy man i'm getting Mario Party DS (Whoot!)i dont care if u hate it ill just post badd comments on your channel
pablovirus

You're threatening me?
How old are you, 7?
Just go on playing Mario party, I hope you get many Hidden Star blocks and stuff (wee! super fun!).

thnx 4 being nice oh i'm not 7 i am 9
Who let their nine-year-old on YouTube? I don't know whether the kid or his parents were the idiots here... and saying that easy winning makes a game good? -_-

...."Brawl? Ugh, Halo's TOTALLY better than that lame game."-guy who has probably never even SEEN a vid of Brawl.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
There won't be 40+ playable characters because that screenshot shows there is only enough room for the other characters already confirmed on the site.

Kasek

Smash Ace
not so much yet, but im waiting for it to be around 1 week before it comes out when people ask me if i've heard of it.
"Hey, have you heard about that new Super Smash Bros. game coming out next week?"
"Have I heard about it? I've been waiting for this game for 2 years, watched every trailer, stayed up until two in the morning every night to see if they revealed new characters for it, and you're asking if I've HEARD OF IT?!? Why... yes, yes I have."

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
It was E For All...

"IKE F*CKING SUCKS!"
- Jerk from the bleachers

"Yeah go link!" *Link gets the smash ball*
-Same jerk who I notice has an uber high voice.

"WHAT? WHAT THE F-"
-After Ike slaps the smash ball out of Link, and I get a good look at the guy I notice is a 40 year old creep

I don't know, just a bizarre story of mine.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
"OMG he has purple hair! And a sword! Aw man I think Marth and Roy did the fusion dance!" -Dragonball Z kid

(^not word for word; i'm pretty sure I said something in between those sentences)

Sirromnad

Smash Rookie
Anytime I hear someone complain that wavedashing is out, i cringe a little and a lose some faith in gamers.

quatripain

Smash Journeyman
my stupid friends george dominic and andrew say its out and they "figured out they got it fo xmas"

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
*After Pokemon Trainer is confirmed*

"Well, this kind of proves that Nintendo is still not done adding in THEIR charactors, so we might not see ANY Third partys..."

nake started on Nintendo, thus making him Nintendo...

They added Snake because he was A classic Nintendian...

With the Pokemon Trainer and Ike, it kind of gave it the same feeling to Melee, meaning that they have A LOT of Nintendo charactors left...

So sorry Sonic fans, but

If Sonic is in,

then people will want Master Cheif in,

then the Big hit Sony dude..."

Total failure of logic.

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
"Sonic was for some reason on Billy Hatcher: And The Giant Egg. So there might be a chance that he could be on SSBB."

...Wow, just wow. XD

Top Bottom