• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

JUMPING_YOSHI

Smash Cadet
''Super Smash Bros. is kiddy,even if it has a T rating because the concept looks stupid for a fighting game.'' said an Xbox360 (even if he has a Wii) fanboy.

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
OMG SORA'S IN THE GAME!!!!! ( turned out to be Pit on the back of the box:laugh::laugh::p), This is not to say sora's not in the game, he has as much a chance as anyone else...

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
i heard someone YESTERDAY say "yeah they are probably going to release a demo or something to hold us over" and i responed with "no they arent that would be terrible for marketing and no good games release demos before the games are released to "tide us over"

k-sin

Smash Cadet
Not about Brawl, but Melee instead...
Kid "We had that on our Playstation."
Me "You mean Nintendo 64." (Thinking he was confused with the first Smash Bros)
Kid "Na, it was Playstation. Right sis" (asks his 5 or 6 year old sister for conformation.)
Me "But it's a Mario game and has only Nintendo characters."
Kid (In a voice growing steadily louder.) "Nooo. I played it a few years ago! It even had more characters than this, and was better to play on the Playstation!!!!"
Me (While considering ways to kill and hide the kids body.) "Oh okay."
I then quit our match which I was easily winning and started the 1 player mode and ignored his whining.

I'm surprised I still remember that from when I first got melee. Maybe it has something to do with the certain whine he had in his tone.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
Not about Brawl, but Melee instead...
Kid "We had that on our Playstation."
Me "You mean Nintendo 64." (Thinking he was confused with the first Smash Bros)
Kid "Na, it was Playstation. Right sis" (asks his 5 or 6 year old sister for conformation.)
Me "But it's a Mario game and has only Nintendo characters."
Kid (In a voice growing steadily louder.) "Nooo. I played it a few years ago! It even had more characters than this, and was better to play on the Playstation!!!!"
Me (While considering ways to kill and hide the kids body.) "Oh okay."
I then quit our match which I was easily winning and started the 1 player mode and ignored his whining.

I'm surprised I still remember that from when I first got melee. Maybe it has something to do with the certain whine he had in his tone.
Wow I'm glad to hear someone go ahead and accept someone else's story, not a lot of people can do that they would just argue til they either punched the guy or won.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
One guy: "Ashley for brawl!",
Me: " she isn't important enough to get in as a playable character over other Warioware characters like Mona, Crygor, Jimmy T or even Dribble and Spitz".
Same guy: "But her music was confirmed on the dojo!"
Me: "So?"

.Stormchaser

Smash Cadet
"Super smash brothers brawl is already out."
"No it's not."
"Yes it is, I saw my friend playing it. It had Sonic and Mario and they were swimming"
"That's Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games!"

... seriously.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
It's kinda funny that a stupid comment was made in a thread about stupid comments. Any character is a potential Brawl candidate as long as they have appeared in a game on a Nintendo platform. They didn't have to originate in a video game. Example: Pikachu (he was created before the Gameboy game was created).

Sorry, but wrong. I quote Wikipedia:

"Originally released as a pair of interlinkable Game Boy role-playing video games, Pokémon has since become the second most successful and lucrative video game-based media franchise in the world, falling only behind Nintendo's Mario series. Pokémon properties have since been merchandised into anime, manga, trading cards, toys, books, and other media." Pokemon originated as a video game.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Before Sonic's inclusion, my younger cousin said that sonic will be in the game with Secret Rings moves. i thought otherwise.

Then again, there was him saying Naruto...

Edit: You're right IWont, but idiots make the world go round.

Ya ready for this? Yeah! Disco Kid!

۞Background۞

Stats

Height: 7.5/10

Weight: 7/10

First Jump:6/10

Second Jump: 5/10

Falling Speed: 4/10

Walking Speed: 4.5/10

Running Speed: 4/10

Attack Speed:3/10

Attack Power: 6.5/10

Range: 3/10

Priority: 3.5/10

Traction: 4/10

Wall Jump, Wall Cling, Crawl, & Glide: No

♪♫Mechanic♫♪
Disco Ball​

Every time Disco Kid is out on stage, a Disco Ball will appear in the middle of the main platform (for moving stages, it'll be at the center). Whenever the brawl starts, the disco will stay still until someone hits the ball. This will cause the ball to spin around in the direction the person went. Once the ball makes one full rotation (which takes one second with a weak hit) the ball will give out a shine that will reflect towards Disco Kid's teeth. The shine will indicate that his next move within half a second will deal double the damage and knockback given.

The disco ball has five states: Rotating quickly to the left, rotating slowly to the left, stationary (default stage), rotating to the right, and rotating quickly to the right. When struck from the right side by an attack with less then medium knockback, it shifts one state to the right. If struck from the right by an attack with medium or higher knockback, it shifts two states to the right. The reverse is also true when striking the disco ball from the left. Quick spins take about 3/4's of a second to make one rotation, while slower ones take one second to rotate once. If hit in a certain direction too many times though, and the ball will break into pieces. It'll be replaced by another disco ball after five seconds, but it will always start stationary.

♪♫Attacks♫♪

♪♫Special Attacks♫♪​

Neutral Special: And One! And Two!

Disco Kid will prepare his attack by doing and announcing his 2 jumping jacks. Once the charge is complete (taking about .6 seconds per jumping jack), Disco Kid will give out a quick left jab followed by a slow right hook. Both punches deal 10% with okay priority, with the first punch unable to KO and the second able to kill Mario at 150%. This move can be stored at a later time by pressing B between the two punches.
(10% + 10%)

If the Disco Ball shines before the first punch, the first punch will deal twice the damage and knockback as usual, giving you a chance to KO (kills Mario at 150%) but making you unable to "combo" the move. If the Disco Ball shines between the two punches, the second punch will deal double the damage and knockback, giving you a reasonable KO move (Kills Mario at 90%) if it connects, which can be hard in one on one.
(20% or 10% + 20%)

Side Special: DJ School

(0%)

Up Special: Moai Doo-wop

Down Special: Glee Club

♪♫Standard Attacks♫♪​

Jab: Rolling

()

Dash Attack: Airboarders

♪♫Tilts♫♪​

Side Tilt: Freeze Frame

Up Tilt: Dog Ninja

Down Tilt: Crop Stomp

♪♫Smashes♫♪​

Side Smash: And One! And Two!

Up Smash: Love Lab

Down Smash: Built to Scale

♪♫Aerials♫♪​

Neutral Aerial: Rocker

Forward Aerial: Space Soccer

Back Aerial: Munchy Monk

Up Aerial: Fan Club Cheer

Down Aerial: Blue Birds

♪♫Throws/Grabs♫♪​

Pummel: Rhythm Rally

Forward Throw: Big Rock Finish

Back Throw: Love Lizards

Up Throw: The Dazzles

Down Throw: Frog Hop

♪♫Final Smash♫♪​
Lockstep​

♪♫Playstyle♫♪

♪♫Extras♫♪​

♪♫Alternate Costumes♫♪​

♪♫Taunts & Poses♫♪​

Up Taunt:
Side Taunt:
Down Taunt:
Losing Pose:
Winning Pose #1:
Winning Pose #2:
Winning Pose #3:

I have a three-step program for you. I punch you. You fall down. I win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6T3JPRo3Aw#t=0m35s

MXIIA

Smash Rookie
"Why are you getting Brawl on the Wii, the PS3 has better graphics"
and
"I heard Master Chief and Optimus Prime are gonna be in"
Both by this 'smart' kid at my school

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
I was talking with my friends who are obsessed with Naruto video games and I mentioned that there are noobs who actually want him in Brawl. I mentioned all characters in Brawl had to have started in a video game and Naruto didn't. They said "that would be cool!!!" but admitted "it'll NEVER happen."

Oh yeah and this is stupid as well...

The cashier at EB Games: "Brawl comes out March 1st."

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Hehe, kinda reminds me of the Gamestop cashier when I pre-ordered the game.

"What system are you pre-ordering it for?" I stared at the girl for a couple of seconds before I realized she wasn't joking.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
I was talking with my friends who are obsessed with Naruto video games and I mentioned that there are noobs who actually want him in Brawl. I mentioned all characters in Brawl had to have started in a video game and Naruto didn't. They said "that would be cool!!!" but admitted "it'll NEVER happen."

Oh yeah and this is stupid as well...

The cashier at EB Games: "Brawl comes out March 1st."
Didnt pokemon start from anime/manga? or did it start from the games?

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon started from Video games, then came everything else. And LOL at the Gamestop cashier.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Hehe, kinda reminds me of the Gamestop cashier when I pre-ordered the game.

"What system are you pre-ordering it for?" I stared at the girl for a couple of seconds before I realized she wasn't joking.
Haha. I'm not preordering mine, so this will never happen to me.

I refuse to ever preorder anything ever again.:ohwell:

Oh yeah...

My friend: " Why don't they just put everyone character in the history of characters in this game and make them all clones of Mario."

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
"It'd be cool to have anime characters in brawl! I know it won't happen but it'd be cool!"

SSB = Nintendo all stars fighting game (plus some guest video game stars). Not an All Stars about EVERYTHING. It'd completely kill the point of the series.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"After the Ice Climbers are confirmed, I'm SURE Dedede won't be playable. They wouldn't put in 2 different characters that use hammers"

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
I was reading a Gamepro magazine and they had some pages of info on Brawl.
Then they also had these 3 sections called The "Good", The "Bad", & The "Ugly"

Then in the Ugly section it says "THREE REPS FROM THE KIRBY SERIES": One is more than a enough
When I read that, it annoyed the **** out of me, it also told me that Gamepro needed to do some research because it seems to look like such a stupid thing to say abot the Kirby Franchise.

Anyone agree with me on this?

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
"Brawl will be just as unpopular as melee" I seriously almost **** my pants with laughter.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Then in the Ugly section it says "THREE REPS FROM THE KIRBY SERIES": One is more than a enough
When I read that, it annoyed the **** out of me, it also told me that Gamepro needed to do some research because it seems to look like such a stupid thing to say abot the Kirby Franchise.

Gamepro can go **** themselves...Kirby is a kick *** franchise deserving more than their "Badass" franchises they want...

falcofang236

Smash Cadet
"Halo 3 is waaaay better than brawl and melee. People beating the hell out of each other is way more appealing than jumping around for coins." Yeah to some people. Nothing against 360 fans, but I don't really think FPSs are very appealing.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
I was talking to my friend and he says "Brawl came out today,i saw someone buy it."

I was on a website(forgot the website's name)and then i saw a post saying spongebob will be in brawl.I was like WTF is he talking about.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
"Ashley has a better chance than Mona to be playable."

Yeah a person who has been in 2 games has a better chance over the second main character of the series.[/sarcasm]

NukeA6

Smash Master

That's not surprising. Look at the Gamepro review of Smash Bros 64 by Scary Larry. He said that it should've played like a regular fighting game.

So, Gamepro has a Good, Bad, and Ugly thing now? I know EGM used to have one.

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
"Halo 3 is waaaay better than brawl and melee. People beating the hell out of each other is way more appealing than jumping around for coins." Yeah to some people. Nothing against 360 fans, but I don't really think FPSs are very appealing.
Did he know you beat the hell out of each other in Brawl and Melee aswell as Halo 3 (though you just shoot each other really, no beating I know of)?

Top Bottom