• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

Evil-Sheep

Smash Rookie
I dunno about that man, Sony fanboys always find a way to get their way. PS2 made the Gamecube look like a joke. And PS1 made the N64 look like a joke.
True, but if you ask anyone who had a console from that generation and asked them what the best one was, they would say the N64. Sure the Gamecube wasn't that successful, but the Wii far surpasses any other console of this generation. It doesn't have the "HD graphics" or "blu ray functionality" but the games are a lot more fun to play.

And besides, Nintendo only make games, Sony has money to fall back on when they make horrendous mistakes like the PocketStation! And if you ask "whats a pocketstation?" I've proved that point ;)

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
True, but if you ask anyone who had a console from that generation and asked them what the best one was, they would say the N64. Sure the Gamecube wasn't that successful, but the Wii far surpasses any other console of this generation. It doesn't have the "HD graphics" or "blu ray functionality" but the games are a lot more fun to play.
Oh and that reminds me of another quote...

"Brawl graphically looks just like Melee so it probably won't be any better..."

And besides, Nintendo only make games, Sony has money to fall back on when they make horrendous mistakes like the PocketStation! And if you ask "whats a pocketstation?" I've proved that point ;)[/QUOTE]Lol, what's a PocketStation?

But PS1, no.
I wish I could agree on that. N64 had Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, and SSB64 going for it. But PS1 had all the RPG fanboys wetting themselves....as well as a huge library of games in several genres. I was so envious of PS1 owners back then. I think the PS1 still topped the N64, unforunately.

Still, fanboyism sucks.
Too true...

EDIT:

Yeah but the ds makes the psp look like a joke
Hmm good point. Never mind, Sony fanboys don't faze me anymore...

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
"Any game on the PS3 will beat Brawl by far. Its not going to be the best game of the century!"

From my mate who owns a PS3. Loser.:laugh:
Wow that was really idiotic. As if those crappy movie-based games that are released on every console could be better than Brawl...

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Yeah but the ds makes the psp look like a joke and the wii makes the ps3 look like a joke.
Very True. The PS3 is a joke... Who would pay that much for a system when they could just get a wii, ps2, and xbox360 instead for almost the same price. PS3 has no exclusive games that are worth it imo. Maybe FF13 if it ever comes out but I bet it might go to another platform or multi platform cause square enix knows how sonys been doing in sells.

On topic, I heard some guy that works at my local gamestop say, "Brawl got canceled." to some alittle kid and his mom. I told him he was wrong and it was only pushed back. I'd bet that he just started working there tho.

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
but can't you go on the internet with the PSP? (I wouldn't know, I don't have one)
WTF? Aren't you trying to prove that the PSP surpasses the DS?

On topic, I heard some guy that works at my local gamestop say, "Brawl got canceled." to some alittle kid and his mom. I told him he was wrong and it was only pushed back. I'd bet that he just started working there tho.
That's really really sad...

Japi-chan

Smash Rookie
"I don't think Pokémon is a Nintendo character, but Snake is, because he first appeared on a Nintendo console"

Cheezball

Smash Ace
"I got the new smash brothers game! The name actually is super duper smashers! I ordered it online and I can't wait for it!" :laugh:

I think this may be the dumbest thing someone ever said in history of brawl questions. I remember the look on the guy's face when he came to school the next day.

He told me "the case didn't have the game... I just asked him again and he said that if it isn't in there, then it got lost some how."

When he said that I just turned away and said "That's too bad..." I was laughing so hard at him. Not in his face, but when he wasn't around of course.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
The most idiotic thing I've heard: "Twilight Princess had WAAYY more hype than brawl."
Sure, TP had alot of hype, maybe even as much as brawl or even a tiny bit more. If it did have more hype though, certainly not WAAYY more hype.
But then again, this was something to expect from my LoZ fanboy of a friend. He's really stubborn, and thinks that just because he had more hype for TP than he has for brawl, the game in general had more hype.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
"have you heard theres this new game for the Wii called Super smash brothers Brawl"
heard it a couple weeks ago

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anything a troll says that is TOTAL HATE! "SCREW GENO, HE SUCKS!" though they never played SMRPG. "ASHLEY IS GAY" Never heard of smash or Wario Ware before in their life. "SONIC WON'T BE IN CUZ THIS IS A NINTENDO GAME" ya, meet Snake, cuz' he just slit your throat.

Honestly though, I posted my Brawl Character Predictions on youtube, and one person or another said the following:

"The Arbiter is totale gonig to be in Barwlz"
"Sonic will never be in Brawl"
"Wait, who's Mewtwo?"
"Sonic has no chance"
"Ike will never be in Brawl" (I posted the video on youtube a couple of hours after Ike was confirmed, and I guessed him anyways! XD)
"You have Mega Man and no Master Chief that is wrong cuz I heard from my friend Master Cheif is gonna be in Brawl can't wait to play it" Yes, EVEN THAT!
"Mega Man would be a Samus clone" Anyone who thinks that thinks that Ness is a Sonic clone "because they both have legs". Congratz morons, you all are a failure on all extremes. :laugh:

Ya, and the Brawl Boards is dumber. People who think 2nd party characters weren't in smash until Brawl (Kirby, Samus, Ness, Jigglypuff, Pikachu in smash 64), genius. You also fail. Also, anyone who doubted Diddy Kong, Ike, or King Dedede would be playable are ALL VERY RETARTED! and same with the morons who still doubt Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Luigi. Congratz, if you believe in any of the following, you have been accepted into the Hall of Failure! :laugh:

Making fun of scrubs, n00bs, 4chans, morons (who talk out of their a**, literally! XD), and trolls in one post=I'm happy! :)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
People who in threads like this wrote things like

"I've seen n00bs say maybe wavedashing won't be in brawl"

I'm not targeting anyone, I just think it's funny that some people really thought they knew everything about how this game would work, and assumed it's physic's would remain mostly the same.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Well one of my friends asked me if Naruto was going to be in it... And he isn't even an anime fan... He is not dumb though he is just a smash n00b. I'll assume there is plenty of this in this thread. lol Imagine that for a sec. every time he re-spawns he says "believe it!" ... I think i'd rather boycott the game.
Actually i bought a Naruto game because it had a very good rating and I wanted to see why the hell do people like him so much and the lil' b was always like BELIEVE IT!!! ****, seriously i don't play that game anymore...

Someone said that Darth Vader deserves to be in the game...

Someone asked me why Shadow was in the game and not Sonic. I asked him if he was color blind.

Sorry for the last one being so long!
I had found out about this site a while ago(in school) but i couldn't access it in my house for some reason and i wanted to post about brawl somewhere so
i made an account in some video game site, probably IGN i can't remember exactly; so the point is when i started posting, boys probably lil' kids started saying things like
OMFG UR A GIRL AND U LIKE BRAWL?? AND VIDEO GAMES? WOW! and there was this one idiot who assured Megaman was confirmed in brawl because of a block in this picture in the dojo.

I first gave him a chance to not make an @$$ of himself; I responded sarcastically and said it was a good joke.
Well then the guy looked at my Username which was Metal_Marie (because i love heavy metal more precisely Thrash, Progressive and Power) and he said something like
"ohh look at the girl with metal bracers trying to be funny!! Don't be such a smartass Megaman is surely in!"

Lol what an idiot.

Cocoashadow

Smash Apprentice
Xbot friend whilst losing with Kirby--" GOD this is pokemon stadium, shouldn't Kirby get some kind of home-field advantage?!?!"
I screamed, and my mouth ripped open at the cheeks, revealing a thousand squirming black vines, each with their own tiny face, and they all screamed simultaneously, "KIRBY IS NOT A POKEMON!"

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
Xbot friend whilst losing with Kirby--" GOD this is pokemon stadium, shouldn't Kirby get some kind of home-field advantage?!?!"
I screamed, and my mouth ripped open at the cheeks, revealing a thousand squirming black vines, each with their own tiny face, and they all screamed simultaneously, "KIRBY IS NOT A POKEMON!"
dude thats pretty freaky man!

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
cocoa- lmao.

i bet u that if kirby swallows meta knight you'll just become meta knight all together.... OH! that'll probably mean meta knight turns into kirby too!!

what do you even try to say to that, it not only completely goes against what kirbys power has always done... it doesnt make sense.

Top Bottom