• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
"If we had the tools to design Smash Bros Brawl, we'd make it a much better and balanced game" -A few wavedashers

Not the exact quote but it was something like that XD

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
"And it makes me angry that they're not going to have brawl on the GC. "

This was on a topic about GC being discontinued in a completely different forum.

[sarcasm]Yes, let's have Brawl on Game Cube and really take away alot of good features like you know...WiFi?![/sarcasm]

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
It's kinda funny that a stupid comment was made in a thread about stupid comments. Any character is a potential Brawl candidate as long as they have appeared in a game on a Nintendo platform. They didn't have to originate in a video game. Example: Pikachu (he was created before the Gameboy game was created).
XD Sakurai said no anime/manga characters and they have to originate on a nintendo game which pikachu did.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
"The graphics look way better in Melee than in Brawl"... - Some Gametrailers member said that
"Snake replaced Capt. Falcon" - Some stupid kid at school said that
"They added King DeDeDe in Brawl? Aww, I'm not buying the game anymore" - Same stupid kid

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
I visit this certain forum, and while for the most part it's okay, its Smash Bros thread is full of people who laugh at competitive players and how they don't know how to have fun playing Smash, and one of the reasons they're upset about them is apparently because the tourney players are jerks who look down on other players and such. The hypocrisy there is astounding, and I seem to be the only one there who will defend more serious players.

"What bothers me is when they try to force their opinons on those of us who couldn't care less about tournaments and then act butthurt when we get mad."

"No one likes Tourny Players except themselves and you. "

"Then your definition of fun is extremely skewed. My definition of having fun with Smash Bros. would be inviting a few friends over and just playing with our favorite characters and on our favorite stages. Not getting srs bizz about a tournament. I don't understand how that could be fun."

...it's just the overall atmosphere of the thread, how everyone gangs up on me. Not really sure why I still visit it, but I guess I just can't give up without a fight.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
How a lot of people say not to discuss something, and to just wait until Brawl is out.

or "Only Sakurai knows, so there's no point in discussiong it"

What's the point of the forums then?

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
me: Sonic is in Brawl.
friend: what! Sonic doesn't even look Nintendo!
me: what about Snake?
friend: Snake fits in more and looks more Nintendo.

quatripain

Smash Journeyman
lol
frend-"hey dylan lil jon and special ed are in brawl"
me-"yeah rite"
frend-"hell yes even ******** dinasaur santa"
me-"yeah sure sakurai added a guy i made up"
frend-"yup"

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
02.07.2007: I'm showing my friend today's update. I'm scrolling down, revealing both the item symbol and the AT mention.
Friend: Wow...is Samurai Goroh a playable character?

14.12.2007: Stafy AT update!
Same friend: Wow...is Stafy a playable character?

<.<

>.>

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
(on one of the phony box arts that we've seen on this site but in a store) "what?! sonic is gonna be in brawl? that game is gonna be sick.

This was before his confirmation but he wouldnt listen to me when i said i want him confirmed so badly but that boxart did not serve as one.

After confirmation he swore he was right about the fake being confirmation. This kid didn't even know link could block with his shield and use his grab to get back on levels when link is his main

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
one of my friends was convinced that ssbb was gunna be made for game cube and i tried telling him gamecube was dead but he didnt believe and one of my other friends said that you cant trust the dojo oh and they all say im a nerd for checking the dojo.... idiots...

jgrant1100

Smash Apprentice
what?!?

my friend told me this after i told him this.wavedashing is not in brawl no way(pause)what's wavedashing?

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
"Megaman is not in Brawl"
"Ridley is too big"
"E4A roster is the starting roster"
"Captain Falcon was in the Dec. 21st trailer"
"Marth will not return"
"CoroCoro will reveal the starting roster"
"Dec. 3rd will be a good update"

I can't remember EXACTLY who said those...

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
"What?! Kirby is a secret character!? When did this happen???"

....admitting it was me who said that one day...

Girl

Smash Apprentice
"Sonic the EdgeHog" -- I actual thought this was very smart

Quote by: MikeHAZE, Sn1per

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
"Isn't that cheating to use a sword with Link?"

It was sarcasm but, it was plain stupidity even though.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
just remembered another one.

someone said that you start off SSE with Snake.

can't remember who said it though

EDIT-got more stupid stuff i heard from another site.

"Brawl is coming to the 360"

"Master Cheif will be in Brawl"

"Brawl will not sell good"

"Goku will be playabe along with Nauto"

those were the dummest stuff i heard

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
"Ness won't return."

It's pretty stupid how people go to assumptions from 3 words.
i know Ness won't return.

a lot of people post a lot of stupid stuff i found them on some random forum site and when i found this thread,i just had to post them.

Why would someone say that Master Cheif is gonna be in brawl?:confused:

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Your opinion about Ness doesn't make other's peoples opinions on it globally stupid.

"Brawl will not sell good"
What's "sell good" in this case?

Depending on the context, this isn't a stupid thing to say at all, as it's not that farfetched to say Brawl will sell only decently.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
Your opinion about Ness doesn't make other's peoples opinions on it globally stupid.

What's "sell good" in this case?

Depending on the context, this isn't a stupid thing to say at all, as it's not that farfetched to say Brawl will sell only decently.
the "will not sell good" in this case is meaning that it will sell poorly.

The full post was:

"Brawl is one dumass game and it will sell poorly.Nintendo just thinking of Brawl was a stupid thing to do.I HATE SUPER SMASH BROS!!!"

That was the full post.:ohwell:

quatripain

Smash Journeyman
^that ******
"goomba for brawl!"
"luke skywalker for brawl!"
"togetic for brawl!"

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
"Master Cheif is more known and more popular than Sonic, and with Sonic being confirmed, Master Cheif is in brawl!"

Top Bottom