• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

freetyme

Smash Cadet
"They're making another one! Nintendo always, always, always rehashes they just came out with the Gameube one. Why do you keep buying the same thing over and over"
-Classmate who is an avid CoD4, Halo 3, and GH3 player.
He is sadly misinformed, he doesn't know how many years I've been waiting for another Smash. I like Halo actually but that's the 3rd one in 5 or 6 years much more of a rehash than Brawl.

Green Ice Climber

Smash Rookie
"If Snake is in, why does it have to only have to be on the Wii? Nintendo is dumb!"

A lot of my friends hate Nintendo...

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
"Sheik is more important to the Zelda series than Young Link so Young Link can't be in brawl."

Sheik was in 1 Zelda game while Young Link was in 9.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
Mine is just stupid

"Wow, Captain Falcon sucks! His Falcon Punch is too slow, I hope he's not in Brawl"

Once I heard that I just left the room...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
This is form a youtube comment on a Jumpfest video:

"I don't think any of the unlockable characters from melee are going to be announced, because it would lable them as veterans, and that would spoil it for anyone who hasn't even unlocked them in melee yet, not saying they wont be in the game once its out "

Wow. You think Nintendo is really worried about "spoiling" the characters of Melee? I'm sure the people that check info on Brawl every single day have no idea what s in Melee at all... Even if they didn't know, it was 6 years ago, who cares about secrets from a 6 year old game?

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
This is form a youtube comment on a Jumpfest video:

"I don't think any of the unlockable characters from melee are going to be announced, because it would lable them as veterans, and that would spoil it for anyone who hasn't even unlocked them in melee yet, not saying they wont be in the game once its out "

Wow. You think Nintendo is really worried about "spoiling" the characters of Melee? I'm sure the people that check info on Brawl every single day have no idea what s in Melee at all... Even if they didn't know, it was 6 years ago, who cares about secrets from a 6 year old game?
If it takes you 6 years to unlock a character, you don't deserve to play as them.

On Topic: "If Sonic is in Brawl, I will burn every copy I come in contact with" - Some guy on another forum (Back when the DOJO first started daily updates)

Then, on October 10th, the same guy says "Man! Sonic looks awesome!"

He sure did change his view.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
"pacman would be cool but he's a kriby clone"

I don't recall Pacman using swords and turning into blocks or even eating people to get their powers.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Anyone who says they "know" something about Brawl. "I know Ness isn't in Brawl" being a good one.

THE GAME ISN'T OUT. YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. Stupid stupid people.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno is in brawl(sorry I just hate people who think he even has a chance)which I know he won't be in it....
Well, your ignorant of everything known about Brawl then, so don't speak up at all

=Fiercedeity=

Smash Cadet
it's my opinion don't complain about it lol .(you could just ignore it cause I know people like you would waste your time to get more post just to write on something that you can just ignore)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
it's my opinion don't complain about it lol .(you could just ignore it cause I know people like you would waste your time to get more post just to write on something that you can just ignore)
Chances have NOTHING to do with opinions and it's ignorant to think otherwise

Edit: Let me rephrase that...

Nothing to do with YOUR opinion

MSS

Smash Cadet
"Sonic can't be in Brawl because he doesn't fight"

Completely ignoring the fact that Captain Falcon drives a car...

=Fiercedeity=

Smash Cadet
You guys are ignoring this ------->Geno is in brawl<----
(sorry I just hate people who think he even has a chance)which I know he won't be in it....

Reffering to a certain person who had said he already was in it not going to be in it ok?

MSS

Smash Cadet
it's not that offensive in my view only if you take it that offensive.(if you are offended by it then my bad)
I was not offended, but you never really know who is going to be in Brawl and to say that Geno doesn't even have a chance is a little ignorant of that.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
This is back when Melee came out (or almost came out)

Me: Totodile is my favorite GSC starter.
Friend: You can get him in Melee
Me: ...How? :/
Friend: You have to put in a password and he'll appear

LOL, seriously. Passwords? He thinks I'm stupid to fall for that >.>

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Me: The only reason I would play Lucario over Pokemon Trainer, is because I like Charizard more, but don't want to deal with his other Pokemon.

Friend: Except that Charizard won't be playable anyway.

Me: Have you seen the update?

Friend: Yes, but Charizard HAS to be a Pokeball. That's all he diserves!

(I don't know if he just hates Charizard, or if he was actually serious...)

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
Me: The only reason I would play Lucario over Pokemon Trainer, is because I like Charizard more, but don't want to deal with his other Pokemon.

Friend: Except that Charizard won't be playable anyway.

Me: Have you seen the update?

Friend: Yes, but Charizard HAS to be a Pokeball. That's all he diserves!

(I don't know if he just hates Charizard, or if he was actually serious...)
Charizard.. the original favorite...lol your friend isnt very smart! lol

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
"The only thing to make this release more awesome is if it had master cheif in it. then again, with all the hakers today, he will probably be made a skin of snake. "
May I ask how?

"You know when you press Y in S.S.B.M your character changes color?
What would be cool is if when you chose Sonic and you press Y (or whatever you need to press) you could play as Shadow, Amy or Silver. "
Amy and Silver?? WTF.
----
Some dude named Silverknuckle: so is Roy not gonna be in this one cause if hesa not im gonna be mad
Some dude named Densoro: Don't really see why they'd bring Roy in, with Ike in there already. Roy was a slower, more powerful version of Marth. Now, we've got an even slower and even more powerful swordsman, and he's not just a clone of Marth =D

Not sure if Roy's absence has been officially confirmed or not (my memory sucks), but evidence points to it. So just enjoy Ike =D
Silverknuckle: but..but but roy? curse you Ike!!(even though you pwn) so Captain Falcon better be or i am neve ever playing this game because he and roy were the only people i ever was

These are real quotes. If you want. Then I can give a link.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
On some other forum, the topic was: "Which game is superior, Godzilla Unleashed or Super Smash Brothers Brawl?"

The topic creator responded to himself with: "i'd gotta say GU, mainly cause SSBB has waaay too much jumping involved. Fighting games are not randomly hitting eachother while jumping around. Fighting games require strategy, not button mashing. Also, the way u defeat ppl is really really weird. (if i was in mario's clothing, and bowser roasted me, i'd die, but in SSB games, mario just stands there and doesn't even react. Sure, he takes damage, but unless u hit him really hard, u can't kill him.)"

Ofcourse, the topic became an 11 page flame war telling him why he was wrong, yet he continues to repeat the same 'argument' over and over.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"The only thing to make this release more awesome is if it had master cheif in it. then again, with all the hakers today, he will probably be made a skin of snake. "
May I ask how?

"You know when you press Y in S.S.B.M your character changes color?
What would be cool is if when you chose Sonic and you press Y (or whatever you need to press) you could play as Shadow, Amy or Silver. "
Amy and Silver?? WTF.
----
Some dude named Silverknuckle: so is Roy not gonna be in this one cause if hesa not im gonna be mad
Some dude named Densoro: Don't really see why they'd bring Roy in, with Ike in there already. Roy was a slower, more powerful version of Marth. Now, we've got an even slower and even more powerful swordsman, and he's not just a clone of Marth =D

Not sure if Roy's absence has been officially confirmed or not (my memory sucks), but evidence points to it. So just enjoy Ike =D
Silverknuckle: but..but but roy? curse you Ike!!(even though you pwn) so Captain Falcon better be or i am neve ever playing this game because he and roy were the only people i ever was

These are real quotes. If you want. Then I can give a link.
Evidence points to Roy NOT being in Brawl

Reyairia

Smash Champion
On arguing why Zelda's Twilight Transformation would be Sheik and not cloaked Zelda;

I just don't think it makes sense for Zelda to transform into...... herself wearing a different outfit.

Getting a whole new moveset for an alternate costume seems dumb to me...
:laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
my opinion that people think that Geno has a good chance.
He does have 5 mentions in the journal

People think Ridley has a good shot with 4 mentions...

Why wouldn't it be logical to assume the same thing for Geno?

Top Bottom