• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Annoying Players Online

godofrock72

Smash Cadet
Lately, I've been seeing better players but still see people who aren't that good. I don't care if they're good or not but some use some really annoying tactics to win or bother you.
For example, yesterday, I went online with my sister. We found a taunt spammer who she decided to befriend. I didn't feel like taunt spamming so I decided to fight him. I beat him up and he runs away to taunt with my sister at the end. I continue fighting him but he keeps abusing items. He won the next few battles because of FS's and running away to steal my sister's kills. I convince my sister to stop taunting with him and once P4 leaves we beat him up. For some reason, she decided to continues taunting with him later. He didn't attack her and wanted her help. I didn't care much since she was on my side. Next battle, my sister had no one else to fight but P4 so I ended up fighting P3 for a while. I could have fought P4 instead but everytime I did the other guy stole my kills or killed me. I was stuck fighting him.

Now this is the annoying part. He tried do do everything to bother me as much as possible. He abused items like crazy (around 25% of his attacks). I beat him anyways o he was getting desperate to win. He started spamming and camping a lot. It got bad enough to the point where he only used projectiles and items. The most annoying part was that everytime something happens to me he would taunt like crazy. He would even do it while he was in danger. I decided this guy was no fun fighting and decided to fight P4 instead. Then P3 decided instead of doing something else he would stalk me. He kept following me and I couldn't get rid of him. He wouldn't let me fight anyone else. My sister wouldn't fight him so I decided to annoy him too. At first I though spamming was funny until he started copying me. Eventually I just left.
So he decided to taunt. Forget him and fight the rest.

When he decides to "stalk" you and won't let you fight anyone else, fight him.

So he starts using projectiles. Every tactic is reversible.

So he starts only using items. Items are part of the game. Use them! If you prefer to play without items, switch them all off. When it's your turn to decide the items, you can play without them.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
People who think they're really good are annoying to me. Once I was in a FFA and there was a Lucario who was fighting a Sonic. The Sonic was a noob and barely knew how to play. The Lucario kept taunting and acted like he was a pro. The next match I went for him and owned him. I got like five K.O.'s. When the match was over, he was gone.

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
the most annoying match ever was yesterday...i ended up fighting 3 sonics all taunting "you're too slow" on new pork city for 5 straight matches... then i just quit out -_- sonic's taunt should be banned....

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
The most annoying player is the player who thinks it's a good idea to keep the Wii on while they go to bed, go out to eat, take the world's biggest crap, etc.
------------
Players that copy you are annoying, but feel bad for them, give them your pity, after all it just shows they're just not able to be original.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The most annoying player is the player who thinks it's a good idea to keep the Wii on while they go to bed, go out to eat, take the world's biggest crap, etc.
Lol, I've gone six straight matches with a guy who did nothing every match; it was a team battle and he was on my team four out of six times. It really sucked in the waits between matches cause we had to wait the full intermission period every time.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Spammy Kirbys when lag prevents screws you up. Fricking "HII!!!" doesn't help either

bionicdroid

Smash Cadet
The way I see it, let the player do what he/she/it wants to do. It all depends on how you take it in. You can either let the spammer get the best of your emotions or you can continue fighting with everything you got no matter what comes your way. Win or lose it doesn't matter, because you never caved.

Or you can just never play brawl anyone, come on smashboards and fight worthy opponents.:laugh:

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
------------
Players that copy you are annoying, but feel bad for them, give them your pity, after all it just shows they're just not able to be original.
Some guy copied my character and costume because I four stocked him 1vs1. The other two were taunters and they beat me up because they thought I was him. The guy who copied me sat back and taunted. <_<

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Oh and there's also the bad kids who will hop into your fight with someone else in a FFA match. Ugh, I can never get off a Fthrow -> UAir -> regrab because of people like that.

But, overall, the most annoying players online are...

Pros

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
OMG... The most annoying thing ever... I don't know. Either the cheap smashing is worse, Or the Taunting, or ganging up on you in groups. XD I think either way is bad, but it's sort of funny at times. I'm not complaining. As long as people are online fighting because of annoyance or boredom, but then again. I hate to be hone always caught in the middle. Cause I often have to fight hardcore when I can. ><;

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
OMG... The most annoying thing ever... I don't know.
That was me when I first Brawled online. So many annoyances I didn't know where to start. I find Team Battle mode solves a lot of problems if you don't have many people on your friend roster. Team is a lot more tame than Basic Brawl IMO.

rSmooth

Smash Rookie
When three people are having a taunt party....... and I actually feel like FIGHTING, I'll break it up and go hog wild on all three of them. This is pretty effective in turning everyone against me. After that I'll probably lose a couple of matches but I always end up winning eventually. After I win I leave the room. XD Kind of like insult to injury. "FU! You just got owned by ONE person. lmao" And there's nothing they can do to get me back >8-)

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
When three people are having a taunt party....... and I actually feel like FIGHTING, I'll break it up and go hog wild on all three of them. This is pretty effective in turning everyone against me. After that I'll probably lose a couple of matches but I always end up winning eventually. After I win I leave the room. XD Kind of like insult to injury. "FU! You just got owned by ONE person. lmao" And there's nothing they can do to get me back >8-)
They've been beating you for the past battles. Unless you can beat them without items and losing for many battles in a row then it's actually insulting. After beating you twenty battles straight, they probably want you to leave. I've actually let people win from getting tired of them wanting to win. Like if you beat them three times in a row then you can insult them. My sister once managed to beat this group of taunters three times in a row (originally she was with them but they started beating her up when this guy joined the taunters because he kept losing). She never lost and they were really mad because they couldn't beat her, not to mention she used Peach and taunted them like crazy. By the third battle they were spamming like crazy. She left after that. Every times I go against taunters who ganged up on me for doing something (not anything evil, just not accepting someone or something) I don't win much. Unless I use some of my better characters.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I don't know if it's annoying, but when you do Team Battle with an AWOL Team partner, you have to protect your team partners character from 2 characters honing on him. I won lots of times though, although I do get pee'd off for having to do everything, but I also like the challenge as well :/

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't know if it's annoying, but when you do Team Battle with an AWOL Team partner
Explain the acronym? Lol, I got your message, someone who just leaves the game running and does something else (or sits there and watches what happens, I don't know); I just can't figure out what AWOL stands for... Away While Online? :confused:

I agree though, it's kind of fun to have the away person on your team and try to protect them from people who want free KO's, sometimes players leave the the person alone and just gang up on the guy who's there, which is fun too, a little 2v1 action.

rSmooth

Smash Rookie
They've been beating you for the past battles. Unless you can beat them without items and losing for many battles in a row then it's actually insulting. After beating you twenty battles straight, they probably want you to leave. I've actually let people win from getting tired of them wanting to win. Like if you beat them three times in a row then you can insult them. My sister once managed to beat this group of taunters three times in a row (originally she was with them but they started beating her up when this guy joined the taunters because he kept losing). She never lost and they were really mad because they couldn't beat her, not to mention she used Peach and taunted them like crazy. By the third battle they were spamming like crazy. She left after that. Every times I go against taunters who ganged up on me for doing something (not anything evil, just not accepting someone or something) I don't win much. Unless I use some of my better characters.
Yea it depends on the group of people. Sometimes I'll lose a lot but sometimes I'll beat them after a couple of battles.

Sinatra'

Smash Apprentice
eh I think the annoying people are the ones that complain about stuff that can be easily avoided (like spam)

Mewter

Smash Master
I just can't figure out what AWOL stands for... Away While Online? :confused:
Yeah, basically.
The most annoying things....
Spammers, taunters, peace-mongering brawlers, grouped people.
Those who kill-steal for points. I'll be knocking someone around until they're at 80 percent when a cheap Ike comes in and KO's them.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Mewter said:
I'll be knocking someone around until they're at 80 percent when a cheap Ike comes in and KO's them.
I imagine this is sometimes the impression people get of me (where I'm the cheap Ike); I play seriously on WiFi, mostly Team Battles if not With Friends, and I almost always have more KO's than my teammate whether we win or lose. It's not because I purposely try to take all the KOs, but my teammate is almost invariably a fast, weak character with few finishers like Sonic, and in all the confusion I can usually get three or four solid fsmashes in a single match, occasionally hitting both opponents :chuckle:

Sinatra' said:
eh I think the annoying people are the ones that complain about stuff that can be easily avoided (like spam)
By 'spam' I assume you mean 'spamming'. Please, share with us your vast knowledge in the subtle art of avoiding spammers. People can't complain on WiFi, and you don't have to read this thread if it annoys you, just saying ;)

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
Well, you can't avoid the spammers themselves unless you go so far as to quit out of the match... but you CAN avoid spam, which is what he was talking about, by spot-dodging or rolling... using a counter move (such as using any character's dair on a mach tornado spamming MK) and so on and so forth.

You can't very well stop the spammer from spamming, but you can counter the spam with win and justice.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Paingel said:
Well, you can't avoid the spammers themselves unless you go so far as to quit out of the match... but you CAN avoid spam, which is what he was talking about
Lol, I know, I just don't think it should be called spam. All I can picture is a character spot-dodging a can of processed meat :psycho: Calling the act of repeating a move over and over 'spamming' seems okay, but the moves should just be called what they are (example: Falco is spamming lasers, rather than Falco is spamming spam). Lol, think about it in that context and it makes no sense eh?

Paingel said:
You can't very well stop the spammer from spamming, but you can counter the spam with win and justice.
QFT

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
i once versed this guy that was so desprite 2 win he camped at the ledge and kept doing lucas pk fire.then i tried doing wat he did but it didnt work.the next few matches i won,he won,he won etc. until i got so angry and picked my main t.link.
i just kept throwing my boomerang,shooting arrows,and throwing bombs until i seen an opening and sent him flying.i won that match with all 3 of my stock and the other kid just quit.bet he learned his lesson.lol

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Links are pretty annoying on Wi-fi with super lag to me. Idk why, but its annoying to face them on wi-fi. XD

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I luv it when the n00bs think they're invincible w/ ike though :p
Hey now, they are if they use their SA frames! ... But they never do, they just spam his smash attacks and dthrow -> Aether. They edgeguard by charging dsmash... it's painful to watch. I really wish Ike wasn't such an attractive character for new players, they make him look worse than he is :(

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
In a FFA online, I'm annoyed by players who run away from the battle. I'm usually very capable of approaching a runner, but (if not an overload of items) the other players often get in my way and make the job impossible. So I get a lot of % without having even coming into contact with my target. bah.
After a match like this, the others left and I got a 1v1. I easily crushed his Pit with Peach with two easy gimps, buahaha.

mskusu

Smash Cadet
The one thing I just can't stand is fighting people completely new to the game who just hop on With Anyone as soon as they get the disc. A few nights ago I was doing a FFA online with two other players and a Meta Knight on Bridge of Eldin. When the bomb was dropped in the center, the Meta Knight moved over to it and tried to attack it. Needless to say, it blew up in his face.

I probably shouldn't be looking for a serious match on With Anyone, but sometimes I get really bored, and this just bugs me. Luckily it's not so common anymore because Brawl isn't as new, but I really wish people would take the time to learn the game before they go online.

Luccie

Smash Cadet
I dislike it when someone actually tries to fight. They usually end up sucking at it, so while we all taunt, they're like "I'm uzin fx cuz hez a fx n dez ppl rnt evn ftn e i guez i fit dem."

Then he loses epicly.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Pit arrow spammers. Especially when they don't know how to curve them to hit you. Like seriously, if you are going to spam a move atleast know how to us it.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Hey now, they are if they use their SA frames! ... But they never do, they just spam his smash attacks and dthrow -> Aether. They edgeguard by charging dsmash... it's painful to watch. I really wish Ike wasn't such an attractive character for new players, they make him look worse than he is :(
yeah I was talking about the n00bs spam thinking they'll hit someone...
I'm assuming they never played melee in their life

But Ike pros rule. They know what they're doing, thankfully :)

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I like taunting, for me the most annoying thing is an Ike when it's more than 2 people, laggy wifi and items. Usually I easily avoid Ike's overpowered attacks, but in FFA it's often unavoidable when they spam me or I am unlucky with items (I prefer itemless). Also a good DK with high knowledge like my DK can also pwn in FFA but also in 1vs1. In 1vs1 and Temple I always decide to camp while taunting.

pAce

Smash Cadet
I dislike it when someone actually tries to fight. They usually end up sucking at it, so while we all taunt, they're like "I'm uzin fx cuz hez a fx n dez ppl rnt evn ftn e i guez i fit dem."

Then he loses epicly.
What's wrong with actually competing? I don't see the appeal in standing around taunting for 2 straight minutes.

Mewter

Smash Master
Ugh.
Just around 30 minutes ago, I was playing Brawl online, and I was the only one fighting.
Everyone was just taunting( They were Marth, Ness, and Zelda). I brought out my Lucario and started beating them up, but they all teamed up and me and taunted while they were safe
Not to mention they spammed
. In the end, one of them won, but whenever I looked at the damage %'s taken/given, I had more damage given than all of them put together, and less damage taken than any one of them individually.
Wimps.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with actually competing? I don't see the appeal in standing around taunting for 2 straight minutes.
Not much unless you suck and start going crazy over losing. There was this Mario who I three-stocked so he went afk. Normally I don't attack afk players but I knew he threw his controller in anger. I started killing him. He realized that didn't work and tried surprise attacking me. He killed me but it didn't matter since I got so many points from him. XD
Then he tried planking but failed at it and kept SD'ing. He left after that.

Top Bottom