• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
I don't really like moving my Wii. It's not working very well, and i don't want to make it worst.

nox

Smash Apprentice
Ok , I read too fast and I thought that fest @ c-let's had Melee setups. Apparently it doesn't, therefore I don't think I'll attend anymore.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Lol, no one has SF4 for Clet's smashfest? I got it for 360, so I'll probably bring mine.

Anyways, I went to the SF4 tournament in Dawson. So info about it for anyone who cares:

I suck and lost my 1st winners bracket and 2nd losers bracket. Thought I could play and get more experience, but only 2 set ups.

I enjoyed watching some games. The guys that came to FFYF2 (Pat and Wooley) got ***** by the grand finalists. The grand finalists was a Balrog player, and somoene who played various characters, but Chun Li in grand finals. Both were really good. They'll be on YouTube apparently.

The Chun Li guy coming from losers won, getting 3-1 first set, and then 5-0 (I don't know they did Bo7). He is also the winner of the 3rd strike tournament that Dawson had a while ago.

kr3wman

Smash Master
And both of them probably suck compared to average japanese players.

And somehow, that phrase which turns out jokingly when you say it out loud is probably serious.

Ok , I read too fast and I thought that fest @ c-let's had Melee setups. Apparently it doesn't, therefore I don't think I'll attend anymore.
I sneak it in when no one looks.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Actually kr3w, I spoke to that TO and he told me that the guy who won the SF3 tourney had beaten Justin Wong in the past~ I don't know how that compares to Japanese standards but I wouldn't brush it off =p

kr3wman

Smash Master
Actually kr3w, I spoke to that TO and he told me that the guy who won the SF3 tourney had beaten Justin Wong in the past~ I don't know how that compares to Japanese standards but I wouldn't brush it off =p
Exactly, average japanese player.

Where do you people get the idea I was coming? I'm not on the attendance list, and if you go back to the weeklies thread, that's where I specified that I wasn't going.
You said you could lend someone a racket.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Its not because your name sounds japanese that you have japanese skills :p

BentoBox

Smash Master
@_@ never claimed he was as skilled as the "average japanese" (whatever that means), but Justin Wong is undeniably good so respect is due if you come across anybody of his caliber. That's all. And Wong sounds more Chinese than Japanese :p

swordgard

Smash Hero
@_@ never claimed he was as skilled as the "average japanese" (whatever that means), but Justin Wong is undeniably good so respect is due if you come across anybody of his caliber. That's all. And Wong sounds more Chinese than Japanese :p
Considering Kirt isnt going, im taking his spot.

And your right, i sucks at identifying asian names. Whatsover, we all know they got skills that kill. I wish i could play like em japanese players at brawl....or not. They really are bad at brawl for some reason.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Exactly, average japanese player.

You said you could lend someone a racket.
I said I would lend someone a racket, didnt mean I'd go. Someone would have had to pass by my place to pick it up.

Considering Kirt isnt going, im taking his spot.

And your right, i sucks at identifying asian names. Whatsover, we all know they got skills that kill. I wish i could play like em japanese players at brawl....or not. They really are bad at brawl for some reason.
I was never on the list itself man for me to actually cancel and therefore you to take my place.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Why would someone go all the way to angrignon and then all the way back to Pie-IX just to get a racket?

@Bento : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0deim0FKD7g
If you'd use a little judgment you'd realize that:

a) Not everyone has to come all the way down here and back; some people just pass by on their way.

b) Some don't have a racket and don't want to pay the fees for renting one (which they don't even do at the Olympic Park) so, 15-20 minutes more in the metro can seem more convenient for some.

kr3wman

Smash Master
How do you waveshine with Fox ?

EDIT :

I can wavedash with my Fox
you down B and then you wavedash. I learnt it two weeks ago.

If you'd use a little judgment you'd realize that:

a) Not everyone has to come all the way down here and back; some people just pass by on their way.

b) Some don't have a racket and don't want to pay the fees for renting one (which they don't even do at the Olympic Park) so, 15-20 minutes more in the metro can seem more convenient for some.
20 times 2.

kr3wman

Smash Master
@Joel: who invited HIM?! :<

Kuroda isn't just your "average" player...
Train my Blanka!

Zaf hasn't posted a single time~ When and where exactly is it happening?
Look for a blue name, and you will find your answer.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I got a brand new comp and HD vids on youtube still are choppy as hell, and I know I can watch animes in 720p without a hitch... No idea what's going on.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
For one simple reason: they don't play as gay as we do. But they've been catching up; look up Kite's wario :p
More like they don't play it as much as we do.

Japan has the biggest arcade scene in the world, and being that fighting games are arcade games before being console games, it's no surprise they dominate.

Top Bottom