• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Another wall of text?

Let me clarify: having crews would benefit the scene greatly if we had a big and dedicated enough scene to keep it up. In Melee, we had No Mercy feat. pkmvodka, and GOSU(Hard Hitters, Redemption). We had AOG but they didn't do anything, we 'tried' TDE but that failed before it began. It eventually became an event where people became so discouraged to throw their money away in that they became a scarcity in the later years (I don't think I saw any crew events after 2007 Trans-Canada, other than regional ones that had no hype anymore because Quebec was too good anyways).

Crews are great for very large communities that can support many talented groups of people, because there are options for people to go if they so choose. When you have 1-2 crews monopolizing the skill in the region, it's obviously going to create separation and drama like what we're seeing here.

I can't fault everyone for disliking it because we see ourselves as a sort of family, and an emerging crew threatens our sense of community (establishing 'elite' statuses and the like). Crews will break us apart. On the other hand, I can't fault the crew either because they actually want to be the best in Montreal, and succeed in the game they spend so much time on, and they want to establish that presence among us. They want to get known for what they do, and I think a lot of us here want the same thing.

Honestly, there's no solution to this problem as we all have our stories, so we all have to move on with it. For those of you who are upset about zaf separating himself from the community, it only appears that way because of this elitest crew business. Do you really think that if you ask zaf for tips now, he will deny you like the arrogant snob he is, and simply leave the room because it's too stuffy with all the scrubs around him? Please. He's the same guy that joined as a smash noob months ago, he just got better (and believe it or not, so have YOU!). He's spent more time playing better people, asked for advice, and most importantly he was able to find the mistakes within himself. Believe it or not, getting good is not all about monopolizing the best players and getting ***** by them nonstop (you learn nothing that way); you actually have to look back at everything you've done and think about how you could have improved it (on both wins AND losses!). He was able to do that, while most of us sat back and cried foul because he's 'getting better training'.

It's a free world out there and zaf has chosen not to be restrained by a 'sense of community', so more power to him. You all best be better playing zaf more often now :chuckle:
although he still sucks balls
:lick:

Sorry for the wall.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Another Wall Of Text

Sigh guys. I'm starting my own crew. It'll be called BBox and the others.
Anyone is free to join.
Oh and its drama free.
A crew with BentoBox in it?! I'd join.
congratulations jarc!
I was going to ask if i can get some inside scoop from upcoming ubisoft games, til i realised they dont make any games that spark any sort of interest.
What about this? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles version of Smash Bros.:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6203662.html?tag=result;title;0
If it's old enough to pee, it's good enough for me.
LOL.

zaf

Smash Lord
No one has ever asked me for help, which is why I guess i have not given it. Agony refuses to have an "MK Idol". I will not say i am one, but that type of attitude doesn't really help him. One of the only reasons Live2Win started was because :

in the past 2-3 months i have traveled everywhere with the bros., we became very close and established a very strong friendship. Chesterr traveled with us as well, he grew tight in the group. Elef is only the joke member of the group. Our group goes beyond elitist, we are all very good friends who have spent a lot ( i mean a lot ) of time together. I am not saying none of us are friends, i just wanted to clarify L2W's history.

Joel is right, one of the best things you need to do to get better is fix your mistakes. ( name drop time) While playing holy this weekend, i had trouble keeping momentum. I fixed my mistake and won more.

The more you find your mistakes, the faster you can find them. M2K finds mistakes within his matches.
Joel must be trash's trash if he loses to me ;)

swordgard

Smash Hero
No one has ever asked me for help, which is why I guess i have not given it. Agony refuses to have an "MK Idol". I will not say i am one, but that type of attitude doesn't really help him. One of the only reasons Live2Win started was because :

in the past 2-3 months i have traveled everywhere with the bros., we became very close and established a very strong friendship. Chesterr traveled with us as well, he grew tight in the group. Elef is only the joke member of the group. Our group goes beyond elitist, we are all very good friends who have spent a lot ( i mean a lot ) of time together. I am not saying none of us are friends, i just wanted to clarify L2W's history.

Joel is right, one of the best things you need to do to get better is fix your mistakes. ( name drop time) While playing holy this weekend, i had trouble keeping momentum. I fixed my mistake and won more.

The more you find your mistakes, the faster you can find them. M2K finds mistakes within his matches.

Good point, i agree here. But getting good at the game can be done in more than one way, but being creative also help. Getting help from good people does help, but trust me, it is very possible to learn yourself from the mistakes you do. Simply stop playing without thinking and actually remember what made you lose in specific ways. At some point, you should be able to create your own playstyle while still learning from both the mistake you do and the one others do.

zaf

Smash Lord
Touche-eh, zaf. How long can you hide behind MK's MASK before I crack the barrier and storm Mario into the ranks of top tier? ;)
Fix'd.

I will hide there as long as i can.

Or until you quit Mario and realize he is just a lowly plumber

@rick

I was on the floor stoned/drunk. and i actually remember asking for **** lmfao.

i gave you my beer, how can i be a douche lol

buenob

Smash Lord
i remember running into zaf when he was like '**** I want to get better' and the unanimous answer is 'play better people'... he has done just that via traveling to other cities and learning from everything, if anyone were to put as much time as he has into this game, they would get better

and of course, when you do this with the same group of people continually, of course a good group forms... I find myself in ottawa wishing more people were as dedicated as me to getting better, maybe that's not the right word... actually wanting to get better, and putting it high enough on a personal priority list to actually do it

as for learning from your mistakes... if someone else has already learned that mistake, you can conquer it faster via learning from them... once you run out of those quick fixes, you know you're near the top and are truly ready to start developing your own style... I definitely had this problem, I didn't like the way a lot of ROB's played, so I made my own style, but it wasn't until I actually spent the time to learn what was 'standard' that I would _know_ why I liked my style better, and in what situations I think mine is better, that way, I can steer the match in that direction

ottawa == known for walls of text (or at least we know we are) so sorry about contributing to yours :D

I really am trying to get up to montreal before FFYF2, and hopefully more than one car of you guys can make it to OBscene late feb :) should be fun, and a lot of non-swf/aib people are coming, so easy money for us :D

ps. joel -- luigi is also a plumber, don't overlook the green menace!

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
K I'm going to apologize ahead for my wall of text. I just have a lot of things to say about the montreal community and where it's headed.

I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love **** bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs!!!! I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs? I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love ***** bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs? I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs.

I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love *** bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs.

I love bigmacs. I love whoppers. I love bigmacs. ***** I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs.?I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs? I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love **** bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love lmao bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love ***** bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. Do you love bigmacs?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
@rick

I was on the floor stoned/drunk. and i actually remember asking for **** lmfao.

i gave you my beer, how can i be a douche lol
lol

you love me but you're still a douche to the entire world

you make me feel like hitler's wife

K I'm going to apologize ahead for my wall of text. I just have a lot of things to say about the montreal community and where it's headed.

I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love **** bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs!!!! I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs? I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love ***** bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs? I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs.

I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love *** bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs.

I love bigmacs. I love whoppers. I love bigmacs. ***** I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs.?I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs? I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love **** bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love lmao bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love ***** bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. I love bigmacs. Do you love bigmacs?
busted.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman

rofl, I can't stop laughing, you just won the best post award, and I'm officially referring to you when ever there is drama in this thread

EDIT: You later, Fail. kr3w

kr3wman

Smash Master
God people can't get their fads going on right.. >_> Also Want to Sell less spam please. What has the Mtl thread gone to?
Hey guys, my name is Kage. I have been to 2 tournaments recently and I have done pretty well I think considering of my lack of experience. I live in DDO in the west Island. I really would like play anyone basically. I can travel pretty much everywhere in Montreal, it does not matter to me, I know pretty much all of the buses and metros.

So, anyone up for some serious smash?
Let's get serious.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Sigh guys. I'm starting my own crew. It'll be called BBox and the others.

Anyone is free to join.

Oh and its drama free.
Didn't I already ask you to form a crew?

Wall Of Text Fad Going Strong
Again, I do not have any quells with Zaf but I don't think the issues that others are having with Zaf is neither him getting better or excluding himself. More rather then way he talks to people.

People should learn from me though: seriously, bribe Zaf with McFilet, and you guys we'll be good friends all over again. He even both me some flowers and a box of chocolate the other day.

What is this, gamefaqs? Oh wait...

God people can't get their fads going on right.. >_> Also Want to Sell less spam please. What has the Mtl thread gone to?
Refer to the above which is referred to one of his own previous post.

I rofloled.

Jer

Smash Ace

I guess were not good friends then right? Considering im not in said crew

I'm totally just kidding ;)

swordgard

Smash Hero
I guess were not good friends then right? Considering im not in said crew

I'm totally just kidding ;)
lol, that being said.

I need to make my own crew composed of people you guys never heard of lol.(online people that dont go to weeklies but live in mtl)

Agora

Smash Journeyman
*edited out by mod*
Where it's all at.

You seriously making a crew, Bento? What does a crew do anyway? You don't even have other crews to fight right now XD

zaf

Smash Lord
*Edited out by mods*
Where it's all at.

You seriously making a crew, Bento? What does a crew do anyway? You don't even have other crews to fight right now XD
The other crew he could fight would be us?

Us as in Live2Win.
The only crew right now o.o

Top Bottom