• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

CHEER

Smash Rookie
k ouais je veux arreter de spammer mais la fois contre ta peach sur skyworld yavais aucun spam,yesss, pi jai spammer le arrow spin(forward be) pcq cetait le seul moyen que jy trouvé darreter ton sonic , et aussi kand tu short hop, fly avec ta peach, anyway did you battle poly' 's link??? some how i had difficulties against him.

Daisy-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Conseil, ne jamais faire sa.
k ouais je veux arreter de spammer mais la fois contre ta peach sur skyworld yavais aucun spam,yesss, pi jai spammer le arrow spin(forward be) pcq cetait le seul moyen que jy trouvé darreter ton sonic , et aussi kand tu short hop, fly avec ta peach, anyway did you battle poly' 's link??? some how i had difficulties against him.
oki c'est fine. Je connais le Link de Ralph, de melee a Brawl.

Kage: On se fais une Parti.

SEGA!

cF=)

Smash Lord
Je m'ennuie du temps où ce site n'était pas obnubilé par un mauvais jeu et des tonnes de discussions s'y référant.

:(

whitegaurd

Smash Apprentice
I added everyone on the list, hope to plat you soon. Kage add me. I want to see if you can still own me.
I also played some melee yesterday. God do I suck now. I forget to l-cancel O.O

MarcoMTL

Smash Rookie
Hello. I've added everybody, but it seems like some people haven't added me back.

Damax
Jer
Divinokage
Tank
Agony
Apoc
Cheer
Fogel
HBK
Kirby
Jarc
Mino
Sky
Test
Warlock
Daisy-fan
XMHNX

I just added some of you, so it may be the reason why the list hasn't found you. Anyways, it would be appreciated if you could add me, or check if I'm on your list. thanks :D

P.S. Y'a 2 ans j'ai joué contre Nox et un gars asiatique qui avait genre 14-15 ans (je crois que son e-mail était rejected_azn). Est-ce qu'ils jouent encore eux?

cF=)

Smash Lord
jm'ennuie du temps ou que le jeu meilleur que le mauvais jeu était bon et lfun
yo, répète ca?
this isn't the case anymore get over it.
lol ton opinion est aussi la bienvenue mon cher. Après avoir joué à brawl, j'ai juste vu que tout les bon aspects des jeux précédents ont été enlevés. Dommage qu'on ai pas des tournois sérieux de roche-papier-ciseaux hein?
twas you to join melee more actively before.
Completely unrelated, game change doesn't = personal engagement.

Card

Smash Lord
lol ton opinion est aussi la bienvenue mon cher. Après avoir joué à brawl, j'ai juste vu que tout les bon aspects des jeux précédents ont été enlevés. Dommage qu'on ai pas des tournois sérieux de roche-papier-ciseaux hein?
Why not keep playing Melee then? :dizzy:

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Why not keep playing Melee then? :dizzy:
Cuz everyone is brawl bit ch now =/ I mean whats so fun about it except that you can play it online. You cant show off.. the edgegame is ho mo, the combos cannot be DIed you can trip.. cant dashdances whats up? game is slow you cant differ noobs of pros cuz the game is not fluid at all. There is nothing to pratice like L cancel wavedashes, boring. I can keep on like this for an hour.

edit ; lol.

spindash

Smash Ace
Cuz everyone is brawl bit ch now =/ I mean whats so fun about it except that you can play it online. You cant show off.. the edgegame is ho mo, the combos cannot be DIed you can trip.. cant dashdances whats up? game is slow you cant differ noobs of pros cuz the game is not fluid at all. There is nothing to pratice like L cancel wavedashes, boring. I can keep on like this for an hour.

edit ; lol.
I'd like to direct you to Squirtle's shellshifting/hydroplaning, Pikachu's Quack (Quick Attack Cancel), and the list is VERY likely to go on and on, for the ones that are digging for the depth. There is likely to be something to discover that everyone can utilize, but with what we seem to be discovering, the advanced techniques seem to quite literally be, unique. To specific characters. It was there in Melee, for example Samus' super wavedash, but this game explores more different and generally speaking (in my opinion) amazing abilities that are special to the character. A regular player wouldn't even THINK to use shellshifting and hydroplaning as a Squirtle user like that, nor would people realize just how potent and deadly Pikachu's Quack is when mastered.

Can't differ n00bs from pros? You MUST be kidding me. Get a random kid off the street and tell them to play a top professional of Melee whose transfered over to Brawl. Who will win?

That's what I thought.

You can go on for an hour, but by that time you'll be repeating the same boring old Melee pros over and over again while you're trying to pinpoint multiple cons on Brawl. I'm not saying I have a real problem with that, but I really think that people like you need to look at what people ARE doing and finding to make Brawl a more indepth game, before you sound butthurt that there's no wavedashing or L-cancelling. :\

Okay I lied. I do have a problem with that. Nobody is stopping you from liking Melee over Brawl. By all means.

But you're just being ignorant if you're trying to make Brawl out to be a total ****bomb.

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to direct you to Squirtle's shellshifting/hydroplaning, Pikachu's Quack (Quick Attack Cancel), and the list is VERY likely to go on and on, for the ones that are digging for the depth. There is likely to be something to discover that everyone can utilize, but with what we seem to be discovering, the advanced techniques seem to quite literally be, unique. To specific characters. It was there in Melee, for example Samus' super wavedash, but this game explores more different and generally speaking (in my opinion) amazing abilities that are special to the character. A regular player wouldn't even THINK to use shellshifting and hydroplaning as a Squirtle user like that, nor would people realize just how potent and deadly Pikachu's Quack is when mastered.

Can't differ n00bs from pros? You MUST be kidding me. Get a random kid off the street and tell them to play a top professional of Melee whose transfered over to Brawl. Who will win?

That's what I thought.

You can go on for an hour, but by that time you'll be repeating the same boring old Melee pros over and over again while you're trying to pinpoint multiple cons on Brawl. I'm not saying I have a real problem with that, but I really think that people like you need to look at what people ARE doing and finding to make Brawl a more indepth game, before you sound butthurt that there's no wavedashing or L-cancelling. :\

Okay I lied. I do have a problem with that. Nobody is stopping you from liking Melee over Brawl. By all means.

But you're just being ignorant if you're trying to make Brawl out to be a total ****bomb.
Okay nice speech I guess? still nothing new. I never said a random kid would beat a pro of melee just to point out how dumb is the game I play brawl like once every 2 weeks and im sure i'd kick your *** even if I dont know the characters attack. a PRO of melee will 4 stock a newbie of melee. a "Pro" of brawl will be even with the newb. Now your gonna say like" brawl been out for like 1 month give brawl some times" w/e thats just some lame excuses Sakurai or whatever his name is not dumb he saw Melee adv tecniques and if he didn't like it Im sure he wont do the same mistakes twice and let some cool tecniques happen again. and I didnt get the squirtle and pikachu thing lol ? and when you said your seeing a lot of amazing abilities i'd like to hear em

spindash

Smash Ace
Okay nice speech I guess? still nothing new. I never said a random kid would beat a pro of melee just to point out how dumb is the game I play brawl like once every 2 weeks and im sure i'd kick your *** even if I dont know the characters attack. a PRO of melee will 4 stock a newbie of melee. a "Pro" of brawl will be even with the newb. Now your gonna say like" brawl been out for like 1 month give brawl some times" w/e thats just some lame excuses Sakurai or whatever his name is not dumb he saw Melee adv tecniques and if he didn't like it Im sure he wont do the same mistakes twice and let some cool tecniques happen again. and I didnt get the squirtle and pikachu thing lol ? and when you said your seeing a lot of amazing abilities i'd like to hear em
Ooo, you play Brawl once every 2 weeks. Sounds like you're REALLY dedicated to trying to find out if Brawl's good or not. :\ And this isn't even about who'd kick whose ***. I'm not even going to HUMOR the thought because that's not my point. Is there a difference between a professional of Melee and a professional of Brawl? Ever considered the thought that the only reason why someone NEW to the game won't get 4-stocked/3-stocked is because despite the professional/highly skilled player they're up against, it IS a new game? Yes I am going to use the "it's only been out for a month" reasoning on this one. A pro is NOT even with a new player to the game. The ONLY reason why I'm able to keep more equal footing with the professionals in my community is because I've had that competitive mindset, and I was playing with them competitively in the past. Would they beat me? Yes. In Brawl would they beat me?

More then often, yes. But you make it sound like it's a ****ing sin for a new game to automatically boycott gamers who aren't as seasoned as the pros. Get over yourself.

And I never, not once, EVER, believed that Sakurai was dumb. So I don't know why you had to bring that point up. I'm sure that he removed wavedashing because it couldn't co-exist with the new air dodge system; which allows for more effective evasive maneuvers and mindgames, as the game DOES feel more air orientated.

Wavebouncing, ANY attack out of the shield, auto-cancelling, and I'm pretty sure others have found different key aspects of gameplay in the system of Brawl that will become handy for the competitive scene and overall improvement on the characters, and WILL be found over time. There will be a limit, but by the time we've reached that limit, it won't make a difference.

Go and play Super Smash Bros. Melee. I do as well, the atmosphere provided playing the game has been a blast. But I also play Brawl. Don't like Brawl? Good for you, sport.

Europhoria

Smash Lord

That's what I thought.
I'm going to make a random entry here and just point out that this random total ****ing scrub who just picked up the game beat Azen Zagenite in the finals of 1 of Chu's bi-weeklies a couple weeks ago.

And I never, not once, EVER, believed that Sakurai was dumb. So I don't know why you had to bring that point up. I'm sure that he removed wavedashing because it couldn't co-exist with the new air dodge system; which allows for more effective evasive maneuvers and mindgames, as the game DOES feel more air orientated.
Actually it's more like he implemented the new air dodge system to get rid of wavedashing. Sakurai has been very public that he wants this game to be noob friendly, and designed in a way so that people will go even despite differences in skill levels.

kryptocide

Smash Apprentice
lol spindash, bam is right about brawl in every single way. brawl is for noobs. it's just a game to attract noobs to play it so that nintendo can make money off them. think of it, if there was all the adv techs in melee and the same weight and wtv for brawl, noone would play it only the pros cuz just like bam said there's a differ in skill lvl. noobs don't wonna lose, but in brawl everyone it even, i lose so many times due to random atks/brawl machanics/slow movement(brawl)/light weights and many more reasons all by noobs. i play better then all of you already, maybe one or two are of equal skill or better(a'm being serious........:D) but you all can beat me cuz of ****y brawl, there's no skills to brawl, you just press the C-stick and there you go(no, that's not how i play)

:D a'm a braging machine :D

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Wow okay thats a long speech again im too lazy to read it all or just dont care enough go ahead and play your slow game. I mean that SSBB thing.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
screw the Brawl vs Melee talk... only Damax has the right to hate in this thread

come party tonight, its the opening weekend of club LAMOUCHE at st-denis/ste-catherine

with alcohol every game becomes fun anyway

EDIT: since Thad seems offline, I'll post this on his behalf lol:

Smash is for noobs, go play SF

Damax

Smash Lord
okay so this brawl jealousy is reallly really dumb. you melee ***s talk about it and stop complaining its all brawl, there's a reason, its cause you guys don't talk about it.

you brawl ***s should stop arguing, its just as dumb as bashing a game randomly because it gets more attention than another.

Kryptocide: happily this game is more noob friendly you should stick to it, maybe you'll make me loose a stock.

I Disagree totally about the noobs are even in brawl, stop playing with items.

you can't compare brawl and melee seriously, it's just too much different. So far brawl as been compared MANY times to SF2 and even Soul cali 2. Melee doesn't compare to any of these game while brawl can. I can't compare Melee and Brawl and say this this this is simillar because beside the percentage n stock system, nothing is similar.

I can'T play melee anymore myself, can't L cancel anymore, I could relearn but seriously I won't enjoy it like in the past. it became way too repeatitive. I've seen it all. I don't see why you guys cries. to me its just 2 good games. Don't get me wrong, I can still play melee, just don't except to have a fight as good as I used to.

What I'd like is melee smasher to stop crying and brawl smasher to stop bothering about whinners.

randomly:
I found some new tricks with characters that have items, yet again something not possible with melee's physics.

thanks big rick for the hate right.

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is noobier than melee. the 3rd in most series are usually the most superficial and fan alienating...
ie
- bak to teh future 3
- pdz
- brawl
- matrix revolutions
- robocop 3
- terminator 3
- mario kart ddash
and lots more

the wiis mendate is to get more/new players, and brawl dit it perfectly, and is the fastest selln nin game ever by selling 1.4 mill'since release

bwl handles as noobish as pdz or mkddash
- no analog ctrl of shield?
- no wdash?
- no lcancel?
- wtf trippn'???
- my link now floats like peach and moves as fast as kirby... wtf

if there were to exist a smash game that combines all 3 games and their respective chars and physics, id bet on the melee set of chars.
melee > sb64 > superman64 > brawl > any1 who disagrees

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Actually Mario Kart double dash own Mario Kart 64 in every possible ways imagined.

Back to the future? Are you kidding me...?

Robocop, Terminator? Oh please...

So Metal Gear Solid 3 sux?
Final Fantasy 3?
Metroid Prime 3?

Mostly when the 3rd or last in the serie sux it's because they have no more new ideas on how to improve the game and all, which isn't the case for SSBB...

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
Actually Mario Kart double dash own Mario Kart 64 in every possible ways imagined.

Back to the future? Are you kidding me...?

Robocop, Terminator? Oh please...

So Metal Gear Solid 3 sux?
Final Fantasy 3?
Metroid Prime 3?

Mostly when the 3rd or last in the serie sux it's because they have no more new ideas on how to improve the game and all, which isn't the case for SSBB...
mkddash handles noobish, the cars all seem to float and steer like hoverkrafts.

whats so new and good about bwl?
- online, inevitable
- loads of new chars, so what
- s-emiss, a feature the series lacked since the 1st smash
thats about it

melee was a bigger leap of faith, and a better one.
i like when games go forward, but w/ bwl i feel like they took fans back.
caugh
- batman forever
- startrek enterprise
- the cell shading mania
and all this prequel/retrograde bogus

Top Bottom