• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Card

Smash Lord

Buy me to get the best out of your internet connection!
Wireless has a lot of problems. Mainly because the antennae in the Wii is very weak, so if your Router is located 2-3 rooms away, it can cause latency. Along with Cellphones, TV, Radio Signals, and other wireless connections in the radius, these probably also all cause some slight latency. My router is 2 rooms away from my Wii, and when I played with Damax last week, we had noticeable lag. I ordered the LAN Adapter and now that I got it, set it up, and tested it with Damax again, and omfg we actually had GOOD matches. It's not perfect, but it's close enough to manage with. Highly recommended purchase!!

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/acc/wiiLAN.jsp

Card

Smash Lord
Au font se que je comprend bien la Clé USB WiFi es nul? D=
The USB Wifi Adapter is the same thing as a Wireless Router. (Possibly even worse, no idea)

The USB Wifi Adapter was created mainly so that people who do NOT have Wireless Routers could connect. If you have a Wireless Adapter, the USB Wifi Adapter basically becomes useless. it's supposed to Emulate the same thing that a Wireless Router can do. In my old house I didn't have Wireless, so I bought the usb adapter, but now that I am in my Apartment I have a Wireless Router and my USB adapter is just obsolete.

and yea.. it really isn't Sakurai's fault that Wifi is laggy. It's Nintendo's fault for being behind in the Internet Gaming department.

Chet was the user FOX? :o

Agora

Smash Journeyman
So much for buying a wireless router and not taking advantage of it...
I'll go buy a LAN Adapter today, 25$ is a decent investment to have better latency at Brawl.

Card

Smash Lord
So much for buying a wireless router and not taking advantage of it...
I'll go buy a LAN Adapter today, 25$ is a decent investment to have better latency at Brawl.
Make note; the connection that you have when playing Brawl ALSO depends on the connection of your opponent. So if you have a Blue Dot connection, and you play someone with a Blue Dot connection, it'll be smooth (Me and Damax both have Blue Dots now). But if you have a Blue Dot connection, and you play someone with a Red Dot connection.... well it'll be laggy. Brawl works on Proxy, so if 1 opponent lags, they all lag. If no opponent lags, no one lags.

Also the myth about distance and what not is sort of bull****. You shouldn't really play against people in Australia and stuff, but you should be able to have smooth games with people on the eastern half of the United States. I got a LAN Adapter because I plan on playing in a lot of Online Tournaments and stuff, and with other players who have no Lag.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I confirmed that this morning when no one had them for sale and the only one they had was 3rd party.

I ordered from Nintendo after all. :)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, clearly Fogel is from Montreal =)
nintendo propaganda
we were on wi-fi last night at yan's place. it was not too bad, I'd say about 0.4 seconds of lag max, but not enough to hinder combos. playing with kryptocide was hell, I forfeited during our first stock or something. Major performance drop encountered while playing against him. EDIT: Otherwise some matches were almost perfect and playing against Daisy I could input stuff and almost get instant rxn. I think the adaptor should be acquired if your wi-fi sucks and if you want less (maybe) lag online. I don't really care cuz it's not too laggy up to now for me.
GG Elef et Chest! ^-^
I take back what I said about sonic being a lame character. You're the first good sonic I've encountered, thanks for breaking myths. I think Snake and Dedede are my best characters up to now, but only cuz dedede can chain throw apparently, and elef still has yet to figure out how to get out. Is there a way to get out? Also, my fox sucks.
sry elef/chet for declining you while you tried joining the game but the test was awesome and the match with cards were sex haha
It's ok. Me and elef wanted to play with you guys, but w/e.

The USB Wifi Adapter is the same thing as a Wireless Router. (Possibly even worse, no idea)
Chet was the user FOX? :o
don't think so, I went dedede, random, snake, pikachu, and fox twice against Daisy. In that order.
Damax ninja'd his way onto the Ottawa list, so I figured I'd ninja my way onto the Montreal list for fun.
good enough. Updating now. Thanks RaIph. : )

Card

Smash Lord
we were on wi-fi last night at yan's place. it was not too bad, I'd say about 0.4 seconds of lag max, but not enough to hinder combos. EDIT: Otherwise some matches were almost perfect and playing against Daisy I could input stuff and almost get instant rxn. I think the adaptor should be acquired if your wi-fi sucks and if you want less (maybe) lag online. I don't really care cuz it's not too laggy up to now for me.
So weird, thats almost total opposite to my experiences with Daisy. Daisy it was just awful, atleast 1-2 seconds of delay, and Daisy had a Red Dot :ohwell:

It's ok. Me and elef wanted to play with you guys, but w/e.
I selected "OK" for Elef to join ; ; (I actually thought it bugged out, since Elef never joined... I guess it was because Damax said no)

chesterr01 said:
don't think so, I went dedede, random, snake, pikachu, and fox twice against Daisy. In that order.
Who is the player with the name "FOX" then?
He played with me and Damax. 1 Match, Shadow Moses Island, and he was a Red Tunic Link.

Damax

Smash Lord
So weird, thats almost total opposite to my experiences with Daisy. Daisy it was just awful, atleast 1-2 seconds of delay, and Daisy had a Red Dot :ohwell:

I selected "OK" for Elef to join ; ; (I actually thought it bugged out, since Elef never joined... I guess it was because Damax said no)

Who is the player with the name "FOX" then?
He played with me and Damax. 1 Match, Shadow Moses Island, and he was a Red Tunic Link.
Fox.... Might be someone I added I really dunno who the **** it is. that's why I find it dumb that people doesn't use the same names on the board and in the game.

well actually played with chet today, it was good. though definitly not as good as me and card yesterday

CHEER

Smash Rookie
do you want to play with me skylicious i am a new user around my fc is 2492-3987-4333 and i'm playing with pit, i just got wii-fi land... i dont remember how it's call.

Daisy-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Hey welcome to the montreal Thread, Add my friend code if you want play whit me. here my Fc: Brawl 2964-8234-5428.

Card: Sorry, For the Free For All.
Sa Serai Possible de se reprendre bientot ou se soir. D=

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
Au font se que je comprend bien la Clé USB WiFi es nul? D=
Yes. (FKNDUH)

ok, there's some basic computer hardware/software principles that explain why the nintendo wifiadapter is the bloodiest fuсking lamestest thing you can use, unless you really cant just buy a wirelessrouter insead, for the following reasons:

- the nin wifiUSBadapt needs ur pc, instead of directly connecting to internet, ie your router or modem, it connects to YOUR PC, which in turns needs to connect to your router/modem anyways = more innevitable lag caused by processing, windows, networking etc...
- nintendoUSBadapt uses your PC powerd on, which wastes power.
- connecting your wii/ds directly to your wirelessrouter, your router uses linux and is fast, whereas using your pc+ninUSBadapt slow because of extra processing done by your OS.
ya meme du monde qui penssent que le wifiUSBadapt est FASTER qu'un routeur... -_-' ...

"le chemin le plus court est toujours la ligne droite.. pas les 2 autres cotés du triangle"

Buy me to get the best out of your internet connection!
Wireless has a lot of problems. Mainly because the antennae in the Wii is very weak, so if your Router is located 2-3 rooms away, it can cause latency. Along with Cellphones, TV, Radio Signals, and other wireless connections in the radius, these probably also all cause some slight latency. My router is 2 rooms away from my Wii, and when I played with Damax last week, we had noticeable lag. I ordered the LAN Adapter and now that I got it, set it up, and tested it with Damax again, and omfg we actually had GOOD matches. It's not perfect, but it's close enough to manage with. Highly recommended purchase!!

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/acc/wiiLAN.jsp
it's a shame the wii cant inlcude a simple lan port... like ps3 and x360, and xbox does...
its like nintendo INTENDED their network to fuсkign suck LAG balls... le wifi c l'fun, mais ça SUCE

>>>BTW i also read that you might get better reception with your wifi wii if you put it in the VERTICAL POSITION (with the stand), so there is less signal loss (ie being blocked by your table etc)

Damax ninja'd his way onto the Ottawa list, so I figured I'd ninja my way onto the Montreal list for fun.
yo can u point me to your ottawa list/thread, i wanna play you ottawans nomsayn.

I'm looking for some people to play with ):
whats your wificode yo?

i already added you, i adde the whole list actually
where in mtl you from? we could prolly smash in rl. newcummers are always welcum

[Brawl FC list moved to my most recent posts, so I don't end up with multiple lists to update.]

CHEER

Smash Rookie
if anyone wanna play against me than do it now i will go to sleep in 20 minutes so add my fc i have surely arleady yours if you were in the list

Skylicious

Smash Rookie
Smash Bros. Brawl FC / Friend-Codes gathered from de Mountreal Trède and MSN:

3136-6336-8407 †¹Ãgøn¥¹†
1547-4857-5522 Agora
5155-2623-1628 BentoBox
0473-7462-6467 boxelder
4897-5603-1320 Card
2492-3987-4333 CHEER [New]
2964-8234-5428 Daisy
0559-6433-6422 Damax
4468-0637-7637 Divinokage
0216-0471-1036 Elefterios
3652-0327-6154 Fogel [New]
1289-7922-8937 HBK (NOWA, ORLY/YRLY/NOWA)
1418-6395-6263 |-|3ll0-]{!RbY [New]
3308-4281-6048 Jarc
3609-0716-6774 Jer
2578-2835-1461 kryptocide
2578-2380-1353 MarcoMTL
0774-3945-3914 Melaf
1461-5868-0728 Micky Mouse
0301-9505-9941 Minoshei
5327-0628-6087 Moonsault
2878-9333-2277 RaIph
3093-6752-5206 Steb
1418-6386-2033 Tank20 (Suprememan20)
4854-6127-7945 TestRider [New]
2535-3318-4868 Warlock*G
4167-4165-2103 whitegaurd
1160-9393-4287 xmhnx
4081-5172-3136 Skylicious
[28 entries]
I added the whole list, and added myself to the list.

kryptocide

Smash Apprentice
playing with kryptocide was hell, I forfeited during our first stock or something. Major performance drop encountered while playing against him.
*** chet idk why it was so **** laggy :| it started the day b4, and it happned all of a sudden :S. $hit! :(

hope to get to play you on sat, i'll be in that neibourhood, so a'm prolly gonna be there.

Card

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna come chez moi and play some Smash Today/Tonight? Mini-Smash Fest, I can host 4-5? Stay until midnight if you'd like.

Message me on MSN or leave a message here.

CHEER

Smash Rookie
i am so happy, i've find a way to beat your sonic daisy-fan, i'm difinetly better than yeasterday . And, oh my god, i'm a beast on skyworld. Jai meme batu ta peach sur skyworld mais c'est la seule fois que je lai battu, en tk je suis content et je vais peut etre me connect ce soir alors ceux qui veullent me battle, adder mon FC, je vous ai deja, so to the smashers that want to battle me, add my FC!!!

Daisy-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Good For you. ^^

Sinon arrete de faire du Arrow Spam et du ----> B Spam c'est chiant pour l'autre joueur. D=
Le prend pas méchant si te plait, j'aime bien ton Pit.
Vraiment je veut ma revenge. >3

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Test Rider, did you beat all star on intense as well? I can't beat it on very hard, even...

I'll try the fox laser spam tonight, hope I'll make it.

I decided to do the events on hard today and I beated them all...Nothing much hard but, personally the one I swore the most on was the event that you control Zelda and you have to climb the waterfall...God it goes so fast and zelda is slow as hell. Anyway I was disapointed that it gave me nothing for doing all the events on hard...

Top Bottom