• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
They got RCA, baby.

I honestly didn't think anyone would find 5$ expensive? They are already charging 3$/hour for the consoles, so we're getting a huge rebate already (5$ instead of 12$ for 4 hours). But hey, let's see what the other places come up with in terms of fee, you never know!

Should I go ahead and PM Wak for a poll or something? How does that work over here?
i think the price is purfect. 5 bucks for 4h id great.

also there is that weird battlenet.24 really crap place kinda small but there u only need to buy a card and they charge on the card for time spent on a tv or pc.
not on head counts. and it's like 5$ an hour i suppose.
so it would be like 20 bucks for 4 hours to split between 20 people
so 1 buck for 4 hours. lol

if u wanna call them to make sure, try
Battlenet 24
1684 BOULEVARD DE MAISONNEUVE OUEST
MONTRÉAL, QC H3H 1J7

(514) 931-1387

it right out of guy concordia metro.

lol now we have to power to choose the place. la loi dla jungle

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope wak can make an anti ottawayan, outsider, gay votes whatever.

Lets keep it clean? XD
*cough* après ce poll, yaura le poll de comment je renomme le thread. Décidément, c'est pas juste le Montreal thread, ici. Mais jsuis pas le seul à l'avoir constaté, jsuis content.

vive la démocratie hein... jfais un poll avant de faire un geste

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I dont mind if these things are held during Wednesdays... it's just that I'll be coming out of a ''4 à 7''...

My newest theory:

Drinking = Tech skill level down, mindgames level up
jarc you always make me ROFL, more than you'll ever know....:(

rick, i aprove of your theory

wak, i can draw really well

Vwins

Smash Ace
ok I voted for thursday, but i dont care if its wednesday. I vote for 16h to 23h because more time = more fun. Will it be 5$ per person for 16-17-18h to 23h or will we need to pay more than 5 bucks. I can bring a cube, a game and a memory card. We dont need to donate a TV, you just need to bring it for the events and take it back after for the next time. Its gonna be awsome!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Will it be 5$ per person for 16-17-18h to 23h or will we need to pay more than 5 bucks.
I'm expecting him to add a dollar or two if we end up going for more than four hours, I'll mail him again once we settle on a schedule.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Thursday is ahead, but I guess everybody seemed happier with wednesday :ohwell:

Damax

Smash Lord
*cough* après ce poll, yaura le poll de comment je renomme le thread. Décidément, c'est pas juste le Montreal thread, ici. Mais jsuis pas le seul à l'avoir constaté, jsuis content.

vive la démocratie hein... jfais un poll avant de faire un geste
seriously 25 votes? its should be representative for those in the montreal area, we care little for americans or ontario peeps that will surely never make it once. Montreal comunnity = 20 peeps?

thursday for the win

Dice

Smash Lord
seriously 25 votes? its should be representative for those in the montreal area, we care little for americans or ontario peeps that will surely never make it once. Montreal comunnity = 20 peeps?

thursday for the win
Why the **** would us "ontario peeps" care to vote in the first place? You don't have to worry about us messing with your votes, you just sound like a ******* talking like that. The only reason I'm actually reading some of this thread is because I'm bored as hell waiting for my class to start. So don't worry about anyone messing up your precious voting, you should be worrying about sounding more intelligent :)

ThatGuy

Smash Master
There are more than just the active posters that vote sometimes >.> sometimes random noobs stop by and see. Wak can't control that as the poll is anonymous unless people choose for it not to be.

Also thursday seems more reasonable now not because I like it more, but more people can "make it thursday" instead of wednesday, but people who need it thursday cannot make it wednesday =/

Let's keep this poll going until Friday at least.

Damax

Smash Lord
Why the **** would us "ontario peeps" care to vote in the first place? You don't have to worry about us messing with your votes, you just sound like a ******* talking like that. The only reason I'm actually reading some of this thread is because I'm bored as hell waiting for my class to start. So don't worry about anyone messing up your precious voting, you should be worrying about sounding more intelligent :)
Yo shut the **** up DICE! and stop being on my freaking back all the time its not my ****ed fault if you felt concerned about this. and it already got messed by some ontarians so stop saying I'm some dumb punk, cuz next time I'll rip yo face good. :smiliegor:

msn conversation said:
2006-11-14 07:37:01 ₪Max Power₪ to Lдиощәи -=-> Andy - アンディ <-=- did you vote on montreal thread?
2006-11-14 08:08:30 Lдиощәи -=-> Andy - アンディ <-=- to ₪Max Power₪ lol
2006-11-14 08:08:30 Lдиощәи -=-> Andy - アンディ <-=- to ₪Max Power₪ yeah
2006-11-14 08:08:41 Lдиощәи -=-> Andy - アンディ <-=- to ₪Max Power₪ :S
I'd say a post-vote system would have been more representative!
besides if two week day is tied we can alternate... like one time wednesday, then thursday... (I'd come to both anyway :grin:)

Daisy101

Smash Journeyman
Savez quand? Môe j ai pas cour se jeud apres midi et vendredi j ai pas de cour dont pas de maximum tune 2 se vendredi ou jeudi faite moi un MP quand savez le temps

Agora

Smash Journeyman
That sounds like a good idea...actually, would Gamersworld be up for hosting weeklies with alternating days instead of biweeklies for a single day?
I'm sure he'd be delighted to. Guess I'll ask him tonight, that way I can make a follow-up on what's going on.

cF=)

Smash Lord
By hosting weeklies, we'll just split the community in half. Si on veut atteindre un bon nombre de presence à chaque séance, on est mieux de faire sa au deux semaine sinon, on va se retrouver avec des joueurs qui se presente aléatoirement.

I vote so we stick to bi-weeklies. Garder ca peu couteux, amusant et avec un haut taux de participation.

cF=)

Smash Lord
C'est justement, pour ceux qui vont pas reussir a se présenter chaque semaine, on devrais à la place faire sa chaque 2 semaine comme c'etait entendu au depart.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I can't go on Wednesdays. I have my Japanese classes that end at 20h, I'd barely get 2 hours of play in for 5$...

I got these classes for a handful of months, so I couldn't attend the bi-weeklies until close to next Spring unless when classes are canceled. :(

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Daisy, on est en *train* de voter pour quand ça va se passer, regarde en haut de la page, y'a un Poll où tu peux voter pour ta journée préférée. C'est pas encore décidé, et quand ça le sera, on va le dire clairement.

Si on reçoit pas de nouvelles des autres endroits, ça va se passer une fois toute les deux semaines au Gamers' World (http://www.gamersworld.ca/).

Vwins

Smash Ace
yeah I agreed with CF, we should keep this bi-weekly. We are a too small community to meet up every week. But If thursday and wednesday got a equal amount of vote maybe we could switch every two week.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I like the wednesday/thursday idea. Could we make a make a deal with that store so that we could have one week wednesday, after thursday?
I'd settle with that, too. Especially considering how close these votes are.
When we decide whether or not to go with Gamers' World officially, I'll ask 'em to switch these two days around.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I'm hosting something tomorrow evening (Wednesday), at my place.
I'll have a friend over, so I can host two more peeps. He'd love to see you guys in action, since I've been getting him all excited with advanced techs and all that :D

Anyone interested MSN, PM or reply!

Edit: One more spot (Damax in da house)! OMG hurry!

P.S. Yes, my Japanese class was canceled ;P (I find humorous that they sensor the word "J ap")

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
When I'll get an answer on how to delete the poll without deleting the thread, I'll arrange the poll so everyone will be able to see who voted for what. Then we will know if a random guy voted in this poll

cF=)

Smash Lord
I believe changing my vote won't hurt anybody right ?

Since most of us can go on both wednesday and thursday, I recast my vote for wednesday. So basicly it's now wednesday who takes the lead with 10 to 9

nox

Smash Apprentice
I think MTL needs an official Power Ranking. It'll add to the competitive edge and motivate people to get better, hence raising the popularity of bi-weeklies. That's my theory anyway.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah its not a bad idea. We should vote for one or two person from each region ( ottawa, toronto, montreal) that will make a power ranking.
No, there are already rules established for PR's, such as the number of members on the electing comity, the number of people in the community, the reach of a PR geographically, etc. The only thing we can vote on is "who will be on the panel building the PR."

Top Bottom