• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Table of Amazing Contents:
I. Introduction!
II. Disclaimer!
III. Polling, and discussions!
IV. Venue, Fees, and Prizes!
V. Rules aaaaand Stages!!
VI. Contact Info

I.Snap, Crackle, Pop and Sizzle. Montage is back again with the next big tournament in New Jersey. Sharpen your sword, grab your grenades, pick up some RedBulls, stfu, and head on over for the Biggest tournament in New Jersey.

II.Disclaimer: There will be no fighting, threatening, or anything of the like allowed. No warnings, no nothing. You do it, you're done. Trash Talk, and other things are not only fine, but encouraged.

III.This time, we're going to limit the stages further. As new techniques and strategies are found, it's our duty as players to make sure the most fair ruleset is enforced, so expect a bit of a change. If you have a say, and you aren't a moron, please leave your input!

IV. Venue: 3499 Rt 1 South
Princeton, NJ 08540
The Palmer Inn

The tournament will be in the Garden Room. Call Inui at 732-829-1805 if you need directions. If you need to be picked up from the Princeton, Princeton Junction, or Trenton train stations, which are all close by, call someone at the tournament to pick you up and we'll be happy to do so.

Schedule!
Signups/ Warmups/ Friendlies: 11-12:45
Announcements: 12:45- 1
Doubles: 1-4
Singles: 4:30

House Fee is 2$ per person!! :D

Prizes: All money in pot will be used for the prizes! The cash outs go to the following:

Entry:

Singles: 10 dollars
Teams: 10 dollars per team.

Singles:
1st: 65%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%

Teams:

1st: 80%
2nd: 20%
3rd: Free entry into singles!

V. Brawl Rules!
* Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, Seven minute time limit.
* Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* No pools, random seeding
* Items will be off, while team attack will be on! Life stealing is allowed.
* -Smashballs will be OFF.
* -Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, a proceed. The Loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* -Dave's Stupid Rule Modified will be in effect. The same stage can not be played twice in a row in a single set.
* The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late ? Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late ? Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late ? Loss of set)
* Any attempt at lame *** tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame *** tactics will result in forfeit.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, I'm stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)

Smells like Country Cooking! :D! ;)

V.5: Stages: (All stages listed below are still in tentative positions.)

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Luigi's Mansion
* Great Sea
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Hanenbow
* Pictochat
* Cornaria
* Rainbow Cruise
* Green Greens
* Brinstar
* Pokemon stadium 1

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!!!!!!!!

Banned Stages:

* Green Hill Zone
* Distant Planet
* Mario Cicuit
* Bridge of Eldin
* Skyworld
* Norfair
* Mushroomy Kingdom
* Rumble Falls
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Spear Pillar
* Port Town: Aero Dive
* Shadow Moses Island
* 75m
* Mario Bros Arcade
* The Summit
* Flatzone 2
* WarioWare Inc
* New Pork City
* Yoshi's Island (old)
* Hyrule
* Big Blue
* Onett

-Diem

Contact info:
AIM: idmbrandonl
Phone: 848-482-9165

Closing: Montage will be accepting crew battles. 20$ per team.

Lastly: I have 5$ for any person who says neither Snake, or Meta will win singles. Get at me.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
TGP is stongly considering coming to this, especially since montage is supporting our event on the 24th,

If we come expect 5 of us and 1 setup(if needed)

thanks

nick

Ionizer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionizer
You have to pay to walk in the frickin door? Then pay separately to enter both halves of the tourney...

That's kinda lame...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's 2 dollars. You can get 2 dollars by picking up change off the ground around the hotel.

Chris, you should have used the thousands you won off Melee to buy a car already! Take the train to Princeton Junction and someone will get you.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
You have to pay to walk in the frickin door? Then pay separately to enter both halves of the tourney...

That's kinda lame...
90% of tournaments in good sized venues take 20-30% from the pot.

What we do is far better.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
It's 2 dollars. You can get 2 dollars by picking up change off the ground around the hotel.

Chris, you should have used the thousands you won off Melee to buy a car already! Take the train to Princeton Junction and someone will get you.
i spent all my time being lazy playing video games that i didn't get my license >_< i have the money for a car just not the will power to get a license LOL

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Get your permit, and I'll let you drive FROM the station!!!

norly, I won't do that at all. >_>

JFox

Smash Hero
I may come just to hang out and see PC chris cuz its been a while. I won't enter, but I'm glad to pay $2 fee. It think thats more than a fair asking price.

Chances are I won't come though. LOL, we'll see. I'm still too crazy about melee.

apguy13

Smash Rookie
I think a few of my friends and I are gonna come out to jers for this. We need to get some more information here. What time do we need to be there? Is there any way to preregister?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I really like the last tourney here so I'll know I'll love this one. I should be there.

Edit: I'm thinking about going all Falcon.

Wildstyle

Smash Rookie
the last one was really fun, ****it i wish i could go to this one, military tech school til july ftl :(

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I really like the last tourney here so I'll know I'll love this one. I should be there.

Edit: I'm thinking about going all Falcon.
Edit: I'm thinking about not letting you in.

the last one was really fun, ****it i wish i could go to this one, military tech school til july ftl :(
ouuuch. There will be more in the summer, though! What's the word on that bowser under your name? Main switch?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
4th and 5th will get money for singles now and 3rd in teams will probably just get entry fee back. Minor changes I decided to make. That's all for now.

Ophiron

Smash Rookie
Oh sweet! I haven't been to a tourney in so long. I know I wont do very well but just being back in the atmosphere and having the chance to meet some fellow smashers is something I can't pass up.

Just one silly question I tried to Google Earth the Location and Im getting a bunch of Hotels.. is the venue the Best Western Palmer Inn?

Ohh man Im so excited I gotta start playing hopefully I'll have off from work. If not I have a favor or two I should be able to take advantage of.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
DMBRADON >3 sup homiesz. We gotta $1 mm inui should know by now i only do $1 mm unless i know im better than you XD jking. but yea letz do thisssss

Top Bottom