• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Mafia - Game Over

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
you tell me then, mentos. if you're really town Wolfgang Grimmer than you know for a fact that scum hasn't been given any safeclaims. this completely contradicts what Medi said in the post of his that i found.

do you think a mass nameclaim in order of scumminess is in order?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ugh Omni, do you realize that I already pointed out that Mentos CCed his scumbuddy's safeclaim? It's good to see you paying attention to things and point it out ... but it has been pointed out already (without those PW gifs though).

Mentos, there is no "toss-up" between me and Omni if you flip town. If anything it's between Kevin and Omni in that case. There is absolutely no way that I will get lynched in this game unless this town is incredibly stupid (which is already impossible considering the remaining players) so you best not even try to adocate it (not saying that you do). I don't expect you to flip town after everything that has been said and happened but I'm just telling you right now that trying to draw attention to me will be a massive waste of time.

:059:

Omni

BRoomer
uh, yeah, i knew that Yesterday, Gheb. that's why i voted him immediately after he CC'ed Rockin. the whole point of my argument is to prove with a 99% chance that Medi has included safeclaims. if Medi has infact included safeclaims than Mentos is scum 100%. also the question was directed towards Mentos specifically for a reason altho i didn't clarify that

oh and i'm more town than you gheb so u can suck itttt

Omni

BRoomer
kevmo, i've seen you viewing the thread for a while now after my post against Mentos. you're gone now. no comment? what's up, guy?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gheb: You've done nothing to clear yourself, and Kevin is looking far, far, better than you. If Vyse flips scum, my inklings would be you or Omni for sure, so unless you have some trick up your sleeve to magically clear yourself that's exactly what I think the toss up between would be.

Now, Omni: Your question is actually one I've been thinking of all day. Obviously there are two possibilities: Medi included safe-claims or he didn't, both of which are entirely viable even from my perspective. My first inclination would be that scum don't have safe-claims, in which case a claim wouldn't hurt us and if anything help us. The other option I've thought of is this:

I'm not familiar with the series, but from the sounds of what Mac has said, Grimmer seems to be a relatively major character. This leads me to wonder, if scum had safeclaims, but Rockin chose to not use his in order to try to draw out what they saw as a potential power role. When he claimed he was very close to being lynched that day, and could have used a different claim than he was given in order to draw out the true holder of the character, and a potential power-role for scum to hit.

Right now though, I don't think a claim can really hurt us. We already have 3 dead PRs, another two claimed, and an independent coupled with(likely) 3 mafia. It wouldn't be incredibly unlikely that we have 3 vanilla townies as our remaining roles, and I'm not sure of any major roles that would fit after what we've already seen. Right now, there are 4 people who have not yet claimed. I think(and if you don't believe I'm town, looking at it from a townie point of view), a claim would be a good idea today. As I said, there's not much chance of outing any major PRs at this point, and if Rockin's claim of Grimmer was NOT just a ploy to draw out the real one, scum doesn't have safe-claims. I would be all for a claim of the remaining players in the following order:

1. Vyse
2. Gheb
3.Kevin
4.Mac

I think it's in towns benefit to do this for sure. If we're really lucky we'll get a couple CCs and be in good shape, if not, we'll at least have a bit more to work with finding scum/town.

Omni

BRoomer
then why are you still alive if u think it was a ploy to draw you out

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
kevmo, i've seen you viewing the thread for a while now after my post against Mentos. you're gone now. no comment? what's up, guy?
Yes I'm trying to keep up with the thread so I can make an informed post, is that a problem, I was unaware I had to comment everytime I read the thread :).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also still against a massclaim as I stated before.

More thoughts to come.

Macman where you at so far all I've gleaned from you the last couple of days is someone eating popcorn watching a T v S situation. You've given no further input on it. Don't just ride a cop clear to end game.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Omni: I feel if it was a ploy to draw me out and I had CC'd right away, it would have led to my death. However, one of the things everyone finds most suspicious about my play so far is that I CC'd so late. Assuming mafia realized that would lead to suspicion, why kill me instead of leaving it to town to lynch me?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I intend to continue to just speculate until I feel more confident in my reads. But i have been giving atleast some input.

I will not get lynched because I am not the godfather. Simple as that.

i like this game

Omni

BRoomer
ok so wtf mac post something about whats been going on. dont start giving us a reason to doubt you by only coming in and saying absolutely nothing

im done posting as much for a while. want mac, kev, and cacti to speak up on the situation

Omni

BRoomer
:mad:

imma be mad if a whole day goes by without any talking. i thought we left this **** in the past

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha I was actually thinking the same thing, I wanted to see what everyone had to say, and in an entire day of me and Omni not debating no one else has commented>_>

Omni

BRoomer
Mac, there's plenty to talk about without Vyse here. Mainly what just occurred between Mentos and I.
Also waiting for Kevmo's more thoughts.
Also want Cacti to play the game that is known as Mafia.

sitting here and waiting for Vyse is stupid

Omni

BRoomer
im actually getting a bit worried. i'm going to stop auto-clearing you guys based on how scummy i feel mentos is:

Mac: what do you think of what happened between Mentos and I?
Kev: why do you feel that mentos and i aren't TvT and why did u feel the need to emphasize that point
Cacti: same question as Mac.

i'd hate to think u guys are waiting for Vyse to talk so you can formulate your thoughts based on his so please be more open to discussion now rather than later ty

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
omni srsly relax.
though your question to kevin is valid.

i clearly don't want him to talk so i can formulate or w.e yu said. I want him to talk because I want him to claim something dumb so we can lynch him for being a scumbag.

Omni

BRoomer
Definitely don't think Omni vs Mentos is Town vs Town.
Like i said before I wholeheartedly believe Omni vs Mentos is NOT town vs town.
Macman where you at so far all I've gleaned from you the last couple of days is someone eating popcorn watching a T v S situation.
kevmo, why do i get the feeling that i'm being setup for a lynch tomorrow if Mentos flips town? as i said before can you explain to me why you believe this tussle between Mentos and I is TvS and not TvT? do you believe that if Mentos flipped town that I am the leftover scum?

@Mentos: while we're waiting can you:
1.) explain to me why you Vyse is the play for toDay
2.) explain to me why you believe Gheb is next in line

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Macman why are you dodging his question?

@ Omni

I've picked up subtle scum tells from a few players in this game and I was going to push a hard lynch on Mentos yesterDay if Rockin had fallen through. Thankfully enough people finally realized where I was coming from and hopped on the wagon.

Today you instantly went after Mentos giving my #2 lynch candidate Vyse a chance to duck out even though he was heavily scrutinized as well yesterday.

In my head it is a statistical impossibility that you guys are TvT and that whoever is Vyse's scumbuddy because at this point I am positive Vyse has to be the scum partner has told him to be quiet and let this resolve. Fortunately knowing that Vyse is scum because I would as I've told you on AIM about other games Omni, quite literally stake my Dgames access on it, lets me leave him as my free lynch tomorrow and to lynch one of the Town vs Scum players of toDay.

So now comes the tricky game, finding which of the scummier players to nail in this situation. Do I look at Mentos whom largely ignored Rockin and his defense of why the ignoring happened has been weak at best.

Or do I focus on you, the person whom came out of seemingly nowhere with a rather large case on Mentos which if you are partnered with Scumyse, (you have no good scum name) you'd be able to buy yourself another day and NK before going into Mylo.

The decision is obvious on who to narrow the lynch down to out of the THREE of you Vyse, Mentos, Omni.

Mentos or Omni, however I've seen you make plenty of cases like this before and normally you're town in them, leaving me feeling slightly better about lynching Mentos in this debate.

I hope this lets everyone see my exact thought process on what's going on here.

Macman is acting incredibly scummy lately but his actions thus far haven't been scumman as much as just anti-town in general.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kevin: Thanks for confirming that there is still reason to trust the town if I end up the lynch today :)

Anyway, Omni, Vyse is pretty clear scum in my eyes. I don't see it being you and Gheb, and Kev is looking way too good atm, and Mac/Cacti are pretty much in the clear in my eyes right now. Therefore, Vyse has to be one. I'm not sure where you get the idea I'm sure Gheb is the play tomorrow. As I've said, I would think the play tomorrow is you or Gheb, I'm not entirely sure which yet. As far as I'm concerned though, Vyse seems to be scum#2.

Omni

BRoomer
hrm. i don't see anything wrong with your post i guess.

if u reread my history it wasn't out of no where, Kev. as soon as Mentos CC'ed Rockin a lot of my suspicions on him added up. i've already explained why i thought he was a bit scummy and there's plenty of history to show the posts where i interrogate him. once Rockin flipped scum i reread the thread as i said and posted my analysis of the game coming to the conclusion that mentos was the scummiest. than i started tying lose ends to my case. interested as to why you think it came out of no where when it was clearly built up

the reason why im worried is because i've been rereading again and i've found interesting things

Not scum either. I agree with Gheb though, what do you really expect to gain from a mass name-claim? It's the commonality as of late for SWF mafia to have safe-claims for the scum, and if this game follows that pattern, there is no benefit and we could out more PRs if we have any left.
just found it interesting because i asked the question, "do you think we should mass nameclaim" toDay. once Rockin CC'ed your character, mentos, it would be a town move for you to request a nameclaim because u can confirm this theory

Vyse: Yes, that situation was right near the deadline. What I find strange is that you call Marshy out for jumping on a pretty much claimed anti-town role at the time(which several of us did despite you only calling him out for it), and hopping back off once Omni explained his role and it became more likely he was town. What in the world is scummy about that?

Now, with the deadline looming, I'm still mainly for a Riddle lynch. If need be to get something done I'll probably switch to Rockin(do NOT want another no lynch), but we'll see how things go.
i read Rockin as scumpartner to Mentos due to severe lack of connection, but i noticed that both Vyse and Mentos had their fair share of tension. im finding it difficult to connect Mentos with Vyse unless there's something that i'm clearly missing. i think the only reason why i have Vyse as Mentos' partner is because i dont see it being anyone else. would be ideal if there were only 2 mafia since rockin/mentos combo would fit perfectly.

*sigh* well, I'm not entirely sure I agree with the Vyse lynch, and I'm certainly going to wait until I hear from him before I make up my mind for the day
meh. as time went by Mentos started to advocate a Vyse lynch while Rockin was still alive altho being close to being the play for the day thanks to Kevin wanting to switch off Cacti lynch. not entirely sure what to make fo this.

Not just you - everbody. Because like a third of the players have already claimed. There's another reason it'd be helpful though I don't want to go into detail here.
This is where Vyse was wondering why you wanted him to nameclaim without even being near L-2.

I asked you today if you wanted to nameclaim and you said no. However, at that point in time you were favor of everybody claiming. Why the sudden dislike of nameclaiming toDay as opposed to Yesterday? What is this other reason why it would be helpful? explain yourself please.

-------

im sorry. i cant just sit here and do nothing until Vyse gets here. its boring as hell so im constantly rereading the thread to see if i can find anything else.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
@Omni, I Feel that you made some good points against Mentos. I could see him being mafia, having made gambit of ccing Rockin knowing he was going to die to maybe get himself into the clear more. Your argument is probably T vs S because, as other people have said, it's just statistically likely that it is, considering the claims and people I think that are town.

A mass claim might be good.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Currently against the massclaim. YesterDay was different because we had no useful flips but now with Riddle/BB/Rockin out of the game town has plenty of information so it'd help scum more than town. Depending on the lynch / NK toDay we might do it toMorrow although I still think there's no need. Vyse should imo claim though because he's suspected by everybody.
Starting to agree with Kevin about Mentos being the better play toDay than Vyse. If Mentos is scum then his ability is way too dangerous to keep around for much longer and the whole CC scenario is a bit too obviously staged to lead to another conclusion. Plus mentos will give us more info whereas Vyse's flip will only confirm what everybody knows already.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I feel like Cacti and Macman are merely riding their claims, we're really going to need a lot more input if town is to win this, Cacti you've done nothing but parrot.

Agreed with Gheb, if Mentos is scum his ability is merely to dangerous to leave around to Lylo so of the two would lean towards mentos. Also don't like his heavy buddying towards me if he flips scum.

Omni

BRoomer
i've put in enough input and im kinda done tryin to drag it out of everyone else. you guys handle Vyse. i'm going into spectate mode.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like Cacti and Macman are merely riding their claims, we're really going to need a lot more input if town is to win this, Cacti you've done nothing but parrot.
This. You two need to step it up going into tomorrow. Hell, step it up now. If things happen as they're looking, you're likely in the LYLO crew tomorrow, and so far I've seen no evidence to assure me that you two will be able to do anything at that point in this game. Start doing something instead of sittin around chillin.

Also, Kev, don't worry, when I flip town and I've buddied you it'll just make all your arguments hold some more weight:)

Omni

BRoomer
Vyse, stop wasting our time.

You haven't said anything since December 6th. That's nearly 9 days.

Get on your ****.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Don't want this day to drag out for long. Vyse should claim then we lynch mentos and see his flip.

Omni

BRoomer
Vyse should claim and do a great deal of talking.

Then we should consider the possibility of name claiming toDay to prevent scum from having a better chance at nailing a safeclaim later.

Then we can go ahead and lynch Mentos if it still applies.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gheb, why would you want to rush the day? If you, Mac, Kev, Cacti, and Vyse could actually start talking, we can get some good discussion going and I can make sure my thoughts are out there so when I flip town you guys have the best I can offer.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Then we should consider the possibility of name claiming toDay to prevent scum from having a better chance at nailing a safeclaim later.
Don't see the point of it. We'll know scum has safeclaims if mentos flips scum making the whole thing useless. If mentos flips town we can do it tomorrow though it's unlikely.

Then we can go ahead and lynch Mentos if it still applies.
If you consider a nameclaim then the best thing would to lynch him first.

Gheb, why would you want to rush the day? If you, Mac, Kev, Cacti, and Vyse could actually start talking, we can get some good discussion going and I can make sure my thoughts are out there so when I flip town you guys have the best I can offer.
Eh are you accusing me of not talking? Because I can't see how you would seriously advocate that. I just don't see what there's left to talk about before we see your flip. We all know everybody's position on you / vyse by now and if you flip town then the play is between Kevin, Omni and Vyse. Although I still don't see how you'll flip anything EXCEPT scum.

Omni

BRoomer
I just said the point of it, Gheb. At this point, we gain much more vital information than scum by nameclaiming. They can't out power roles and there's a better chance of catching them in a CC situation toDay rather than toMorrow. The only people left to nameclaim is you, Kevin, and Mac. Vyse will obviously claim first. I still don't get why you were okay with it in the past, but you're not okay with it when it's a much better situation to do it.

Lynching Mentos first has no bearing about nameclaiming. The fact is that there's a good chance two scum are remaining so nameclaiming at this point is an attempt to out the 2nd scum player into choosing a bad claim.

And the play is definitely not me if Mentos flips town. My cases have been strong, well-supported, well-thought, and backed by nearly everyone one of you here. There's been nothing scummy about my play so stop suggesting that I'm the play if Mentos flips town. If you disagree, I dare you to go back and try to make an argument.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think one of the tells that makes me think its so scummy Omni is the fact that you're so adamant against it even being a possibility.

Omni

BRoomer
If you were the only townie scumhunting and applying pressure to someone who seems like scum, you'd be pissed to when people put you 2nd or 3rd on their scumlist when we have players like Cacti, Mac, and you coasting rather hard.

Don't agree with your tell.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't see where you can say I'm posting rather hard as I just gave my entire outlook on the game, and then nothing else has happened since.

Can't ask for to much more from there until the other "clear coasters" post, as well as Vyse.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also Vyse I see you've been viewing the thread, waiting for omni/mentos to give you a good idea of what to claim?

Top Bottom