• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Mafia - Game Over

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
As the investigation into Tenma's murder continues, the German police discover that he had contact with a freelance journalist named Wolfgang Grimmer. In their research into Grimmer, they come to a startling realization. Both he and the man who was known only as "Roberto" both grew up together in a small town in East Germany.

Eventually, reports of the police suspicion of Grimmer leak to the media. After a news broadcast about Grimmer, a group of delinquents break into Grimmer's apartment, and assault him. In response, Grimmer's personality transforms, and he goes wild, brutalizing his would-be murderers to near death. Neighbors hear the sounds of a fight from the apartment, and call the police. When the police arrive, they are greeted by not by Grimmer, but by The Magnificent Steiner, who promptly turns his rage towards the police.

The policemen open fire, shooting Grimmer fourteen times in the chest, arms, and head.

mentosman8, Wolfgang Grimmer (conditional doublevoter) has been lynched.

The thread is now in night.

Night actions are due December 20 11:59 PM EST.

As of Private Message

4/7 votes to lynch

The Current Votecount:

mentosman8: 4 (Omni, KevinM, mentosman8, ???)
Vyse: 2 (Macman, mentosman8)
Not Voting: 3 (Vyse, Cacti, Gheb_01)

Search Terms For Maximum Searchability:
DayThreeEnd
DayThreeVoteCount
VoteCount

Activity

Dec 16
Macman
mentosman8
Omni
Vyse
Gheb_01
KevinM

Dec 15
Cacti

Dec 14

Dec 13

INACTIVE

Inactivity Count
Cacti: 3
mentosman8: 2
Rockin: 2
Marshy: 1

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
A man in a suit sits slumped in an easy chair. He's surrounded by empty bottles of Racke. The room stinks of whiskey. A day passes. The man stays where he was, slumped in the chair. The phone rings, but he does not answer.

On the third day, there is a knock on the door. The face of the man's ex-wife appears in the window. Her eyes widen, and she runs towards a nearby house. She calls the police.

When the police arrive, they knock down the door. The man has been dead for days now, apparently of alcohol poisoning. What the police fail to notice are the tiny marks of a hypodermic needle, hidden in unusual places on the man's body.

Gheb_01, Richard Braun (masonry seeker) is dead.

As day four begins, the Monster is still free.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I said before but my name claim is Rudy Gillen.

I'm bulletproof. It's precisely why I wanted to wait until absolutely necessary to role claim since now I'm about as useful as a vanilla townie.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Macman, for this one Day I'm going to ask that you trust me that I have reason to not claim, and have faith in me.

Vote Vyse.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Alright fine like I said yesterday I'm Jan Suk

I'm the nurse, N1 I protected no one obviously. N2. I protected Cacti, N3 Macman

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also I should point out that I feel I may be a miller, considering my situation is almost exactly the same as Dr. Tenma's once I am introduced to the series.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
You don't know that you are a miller for sure? Don't you think medi would have explicitly stated that you were a miller if that was actually the case? Especially since, he told JF he was a miller.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also can you unvote Vyse, I would like to talk out tomorrows lynch before we lynch him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unvote

And yes it was never implicitly stated that I was a miller, I am however keen to the possibility that I may be considering how similar our situations are in the wikipedia.

I like to weigh all my options.

Your claim?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm the masonry leader. Omni was also a masonry seeker and he found me last night. So that means, he and I are confirmed town. And I believe Cacti's cop claim. So that leaves only Vyse and you as the potential scum.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Mac, I am not a masonry seeker. Not sure why you're trying to auto-clear me or if that was a mistake. Gheb is. I was telling the truth that I'm Dieter and my ****ty power is that I can't hammer vote.

Mac, who is your character?

No reason why there shouldn't be a vote on Vyse. Bulletproof my butt.

Vote: Omni

Kev's Nurse role seems convenient as well.

Vyse, who is the play and why?

Cacti; what did your investigations show?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wtf unvote yourself.

and **** omni, it was called a gambit to see how Kevin responded. Way to go =[

I'm dr reichwine. Alcoholics come to me to fix their problems. Gheb did find me yesterday though. I havebreadcrumbs to prove it, and it is kind of obvious since I never showed any suspicions of him and never wanted him to claim.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wninvwvj[wokwoc

if scum win like this... you are banned from mafia omni =[

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
As of post 950

3/5 votes to lynch

The Current Votecount:

Omni: 1 (Omni)
Not Voting: 4 (Vyse, Cacti, Macman, KevinM)

DayThreeVoteCount
VoteCount

Activity

Dec 22
Macman
Vyse
KevinM
Omni

Dec 16

Dec 15
Cacti

Dec 14

INACTIVE

Inactivity Count

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Why do you have your vote on you Omni?

Also Macman, I don't like the idea that you're playing around with Gambits in Lylo.

Omni

BRoomer
unvote

Holy ****ing hell. I seriously did not do that on purpose. I really wonder what that means since scum didn't pounce on me.

Anyway, Mac is the only person I trust at the moment.

Cacti is just COMPLETELY unhelpful. He's not even playing this game. If somehow he was scum I'd be really sad.

Vyse = bulletproof town? Well, whatever. Vyse, you're most likely the play toDay. If you're town and you really care about winning than become more active and actually play the game. You know what? Nah, I don't really care at this point. We've been asking you to step it up for the longest time. Your inactivity and vagueness reflects extremely poorly of you being a townie.

Vote: Vyse

Kevin is my obvious second choice. The emphasis on the TvT issue still doesn't sit too well. I also feel Kevin would play a more aggressive game if he was a townie in this situation, but that's just based on how I view him.

Omni

BRoomer
I viewed it as:

1.) There's only one scum left or
2.) Scum partners were never online at the same time to correlate a pounce.

If there were 2 players left, I could easily see Vyse not being available to scum pounce with his partner due to his massive inactivity. That's how I see it.

Omni

BRoomer
I forgot to mention, but I found the kill very weird.

If I was scum I would definitely kill Mac since he seemed to be the most townie out of the rest of the cast. Mentos' was suspicious of Gheb before he died and no one was suspicious of Mac so that would have been the best kill from scum perspective. Me and Kev being left alive was obvious. Also, no point in killing Cacti if he's being consistently roleblocked and never contributing to discussion i.e. waste of space.

Mac, why do you think you were spared?

Omni

BRoomer
lol, the reason why i asked is because u have to think about who would make a move to kill you over Gheb.

and my point is that i don't see it being Kevin since i think Kevin would make that same move.

however i can definitely see a scum Vyse not taking advantage of that kill.

its just something to think about. anyway, can we lynch Vyse and end the day yet or what are we waiting for? countless days of Vyse not talking and eventually coming in and still saying nothing?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
were still here to decide, who between you and kevin we should lynch tomorrow

Omni

BRoomer
well who do you think? if you're alive tomorrow you're obvious the pivot. heaven forbid Cacti becomes the pivot.

unvote

yea we can't end this Day so soon now that i envision Cacti being a pivot between Kevin and I.

so uh yea you should probably discuss what you think of kevin and I. sadly, i think you should voice that opinion after Vyse voices that opinion which means i think we're playing the lame waiting game again

Omni

BRoomer
Last Activity: Today 06:32 PM
Current Activity: Replying to Thread Monster Mafia - Day 4 - Alcohol in the Bloodstream

vyse please don't drag this game out any longer that in needs to. you've already dragged it out long enough so could u please start putting more effort into being more active

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well I'm kinda even more sold on Omni considering he left his vote on him for 24 hours and he wasn't killed.

Unless there is a single person in mafia there is NO reason for Omni not to be dead, we are in Lylo the game would have been over.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
As of post 996

3/5 votes to lynch

The Current Votecount:

Not Voting: 5 (Vyse, Cacti, Macman, KevinM, Omni)

DayThreeVoteCount
VoteCount

Activity

Dec 23
Macman
Omni
KevinM

Dec 22
Vyse
Cacti

Dec 16

Dec 15

INACTIVE

Inactivity Count

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Omni's question to me from earlier:

Today's play is either Kevin or yourself (to me, since you're all pretty set on lynching me). I'm sorry, I just haven't been able to get into the right groove with this game. All of my attempts earlier in the game to shred people's games thusfar have been misses, so I don't know.

To me, mafia is either Cacti + Macman or Omni + Kevin or just either Kevin or Omni by themselves. Mac + Cacti isn't likely since Cacti is still Un-CC'd and likely won't be.

Omni, your mistake with your self-vote seems just like a mafia ploy to try and clear yourself, and ploys are something you've tried before. If there's only 1 mafia left and you're it, then if nobody questioned it, you'd come out smelling refreshingly townie.

Kevin, I don't buy your claim. I bought it until you said 'I might be miller'? That's a little too convenient. With a Miller doctor in the game, a nurse makes sense, but why would you hint at being Miller when you haven't been explicitly told?

If your T v S theory holds true, then Omni is the play, but your arguments against him all seem like 'Too Townie' arguments which don't hold a lot of water imo. You said yesterday that one of the scumtells you picked up on was Omni's confidence to the point that Omni thought he couldn't be wrong. You're going to need a little more than that to cast doubt on his play.

Though I noticed Omni's conviction wavering towards the end, if he was so confident, then maybe that was him trying to pre-emptively play off the fact that it was probably going to be a mis-lynch?

Anyhow, to me the play is Omni or Kevin and cop investigates me tonight.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
k so. Cacti, ignore your cop report tomorrow. It is very likely that the remaining mafia is Godfather and Roleblocker. So even if you get an inno on someone, ignore it. Cacti, lynch KevinM tomorrow, no matter what.

vote:vyse if you are town vyse than please try to be more proactive in future games.

Omni

BRoomer
Vote: Vyse

Vyse, I'm confident that if I go into a head vs. head with anyone that I'll come up on top not getting voted. Especially if Mac is the pivot because he's reread the game enough to know how helpful I've been and our suspicions line up.

FYI, the vote on myself wasn't an accident. I'm still Dieter, a Young Boy who can't hammer vote because I'm a boy or w/e. In the same retrospect, because I'm a kid most people will be reluctant to kill me so it takes an additional vote to hammer me.

So voting myself and leaving it was a setup to see if the two remaining scum would take the bait and hammer me. My conclusions are:

1.) Vyse is the only scum left.
2.) Vyse and Kevin are scum, but none of the two were available at the same time to pounce. I stalked yesterday and Vyse was pretty inactive for the entire Day as was Kevin until late in the evening.

Cacti, if it's me and Kevin tomorrow please do as Mac says and lynch Kevin. If you do that much I'll forgive all of your lame inactivity thus far.

@Vyse: Still don't know why you're considering the cop when he has been roleblocked twice. Also, why in the WORLD would it be me & Kevin? Lol. But I do appreciate you clearing Macman and Cacti for us when you flip scum. Having Me vs. Kevin faceoff is a horrible idea for Mafia, but I guess it's a last resort.

Top Bottom