• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Island Mafia- Game over! Town wins!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Boss. My ****ty play was ****ty, but town overall was awesome. Nice shootin', Chibo.

I was the double voter.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, funny how we were telling the possible vig to shoot Chibo when Chibo was the vig. The lulz are on us.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
haha yea i was thinkin that.
i tracked circus last night. Would have had another clear. Town ***** this game, it was a lil too easy, I don't feel very accomplished.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Right I was voteblocker. My restriction was faked, sorry Tiger :p
Glad that scumfever lynch happened D1 thanks to Circus' anonymous DV. I would've been pissed because I had obvscum pagged D1 and nobody seemed to care. -_-
Xiivi was Roleblocker? Did he seriously Roleblock Chaco N1?

:059:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
balli n. scumlist was chibo/cacti going into n2. kirby was a good neighbor and frozen is a bamf

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
My scumlist was Scumfever / Xonar D1. Get @ me. Glad frozen kept pushing Xonar D2.

Chibo did a good job vigging Xiivi and Cacti.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo did a good job vigging Xiivi and Cacti.
Yea unfortunately Xiivi flipped town :/ But in a large game like this especially with some of the activity problems D1 had I wasn't going to pass up the chance at killing someone, and for some reason Xiivi just didn't sit well with me.

My night 2 shot though was a lot easier. Mafia wasn't in too good of a situation really to bus someone, so I conviniently only had to choose between Me, Blue Yoshi, Cacti, and Circus. Blue Yoshi wasn't rawring anyone which wouldn't make sense at all. Another scum would definitely be voting someone to try and lead a lynch on them to get activity off of Xonar. I obviously wouldn't kill myself either lol. So that left me with a toss up between Cacti and Circus, and I found Cacti to be the scummier player. Couldn't have done it without the rest of town lynching Xonar though D2, great job guys.

Does anyone think 3 scum in a 16 person game is a little tough for the mafia though, even with a Janitor and Godfather?

Kind of interesting to compare this to tourney sleepover since they both recently finished and were both 16 players. This had only 3 mafia with one non-killing independant while tourney sleepover had 4 mafia and a killing independant. town had a much easier time in this game.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
dunno. scum maybe couldve used a roleblocker. chaco was outed d1 and scum had to nk him to stop him from investigating...eh

as for the comparison to tourney sleepover im not sure how much it works considering that town was completely ****ing awful and inactive while there was just more interest and effort here. that was also 18 players while this was 15. i think the quick win def had more to do with the players than the setup

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed with Marshy. If we hadn't gotten lucky with the Scumfever lynch D1, this game coulda turned out a whole lot different, and for whatever reason D2 everyone seemed to be fully intent on carrying things on. 15 players/3 scum ain't a bad ratio, I think town just got some luck and did good enough to make it seem easy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hard to tell if this game was balanced or not. Town ***** scum within two days and the only PR we needed was a Vig which isn't out of the ordinary at all so it doesn't really matter *shrugs*
Kind of sorry that this game never had the time to really unfold - this town was just to good.

@Chibo

Targeting Xiivi was the right desicion. Before you deal with a village idiot for 3 days straight you just rid us of him. I also targeted him for my voteblock but him and myself both died the same night.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
yu guys were masoned/neighbored right?
breadcrumbed specifically neighbor after i saw that you/frozen read my claim out of worrying that you guys would assume i meant mason and thus kirby was town. did you catch that?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Targeting Xiivi was the right desicion. Before you deal with a village idiot for 3 days straight you just rid us of him.

What do you mean by village idiot there?

edit:
Mod: Would you mind posting all of the PMs and all the night actions each night?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
also, while posting night actions etc., could you also look over my possible win again? Minilla died at the very end, and my win condition states I have to live longer than him. So, technically, did I win at the very end of the game?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Game was one sided and only one indy in a 16 man? Needed a Serial Killer, imho.

Godzilla would've been hella broken.

Scum was weak, even with a Hitman and Janitor. In a game like this a strongman or a mafia JoaT would've fit better.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I wasn't as convinced about Fever, but Xonar was SOOOO freaking scummy, and Cacti didn't sit well with me at all for most of the game. Way too quiet.

Tiger, if someone had caught you in falsely playing the n00b card, my guess is you WOULD have been lynched.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Game was one sided and only one indy in a 16 man? Needed a Serial Killer, imho.

Godzilla would've been hella broken.

Scum was weak, even with a Hitman and Janitor. In a game like this a strongman or a mafia JoaT would've fit better.
My role was a little bit overpowered just because there was only one non-town kill, so if I kept myself seeming town I could only die by being shot consecutive nights. I think an SK would have both completely balanced my role and made the setup much different for town. On the other hand, town WAS very good this game, so I don't think it woulda changed the outcome much.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lesson kiddies, a pressure wagon is not a pressure wagon if there is nothing to pressure. :D!

And Chaco needs to stop claiming before at least D4.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
breadcrumbed specifically neighbor after i saw that you/frozen read my claim out of worrying that you guys would assume i meant mason and thus kirby was town. did you catch that?
yu said not confirmed and i assumed you were saying i was wrong about my guess

i wud have shot the **** out of xiivi n1 too.
yes, he did visit chaco n1 too. for w/e reason

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was the doctor. I could protect one person per night as per normal, OR I could protect myself, but if I did that, I lost my powers. Protected Chaco N1 and Myself N2 because I thought for sure I was gonna bite the bullet after nailing Xonar D2.

Yeah, Marsh def. did a great job with the role breadcrumbing. Only took one re-read for me to figure you and Kirby out. Good ****.

Town *****. Fun game but I agree the mafia probably could have used some more power in a game of this size.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't just the janitor when i ate people i got their powers. For example if i had eaten frozen i would have becom mafia doc bit i don't think it balances the game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wow that sounds like MegaMafia 2.0

If you had eaten me you'd had a voteblocker, if you had eaten Chibo you'd had a vig. Circus would've given you an extra vote.

Top Bottom