• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter Discussion - any installment

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I love how much bonus content they're putting into MH4U/MH4G.

Someday soon, I expect to be shooting arrows into Great Jaggies with y'all online. I think the game has official American, European, and Australian release dates, right?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The release dates are still "Early 2015". No specific dates confirmed yet, sadly.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Although the number of cross over costumes is getting over the top.

Still can't wait for the game though. Too bad no release date to look forward to.

Last edited:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
We'll most likely be getting a release date in January so I'm hyped :) . Would love to play online with some of you guys.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well I just got a copy of MH3U on Wii U (I earlier had the 3DS copy) and thus am able to local play with my sis as well as play online. It is definitely a lot of fun. Although some of the challenge is removed for most of the tough monsters.

Like I had to struggle to complete all G rank quests on my own (finally did some months before) but in teams of 3-4, we annihilated those quests in 5-6 mins 0.0

Still great though. Even more hyped up for MH4U now since it already has the built in online. Till then, I guess I will play MH3U with new infused enthusiasm on local play. And some online play as well :)

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I honestly can't wait for MH4U to come out. I just hope there will be a demo for us to play, like how they did it with MH3U on both 3DS and Wii U. Maybe in a month before the release of the game, I'll play MH3U every week. I'll just hope my internet won't go awry and die on me.

I'll still play both games, but MH4U will have my undivided attention when it comes out.

Troubled Fish

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deeboonie
3DS FC
3136-6693-6395
I honestly can't wait for MH4U to come out. I just hope there will be a demo for us to play, like how they did it with MH3U on both 3DS and Wii U.
Since most of the localized Monster Hunter games had demos released with them ( Like 3U and Freedom Unite did ) I'm fairly certain they'll have one for 4U. I personally can't wait for it since there isn't any gosh darn underwater combat. The parkour looking stuff seems like a nice trade off for it.

Also, I'm new to this thread so I may as well post my info for anyone who wants to hit me up and play! I have 3U on wii u and 3ds, as well as Freedom Unite if anyone is interested. My NNID is Deeboonie

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Since most of the localized Monster Hunter games had demos released with them ( Like 3U and Freedom Unite did ) I'm fairly certain they'll have one for 4U. I personally can't wait for it since there isn't any gosh darn underwater combat. The parkour looking stuff seems like a nice trade off for it.
Yea I am going to miss the Lagiacrus.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
Yea I am going to miss the Lagiacrus.
Aw, I forgot about the Lagiacrus... it was also one of my favorites to fight. Why can't they add the Ivory Lagiacrus in MH4U? It fights purely on land. The only time it goes to recover is underwater... then inside a cave.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
There will be a demo. It's already been released at a few conventions in Europe this weekend. Someone posted a screenshot of it on reddit. There's also a few videos of it on youtube, but they're kinda bad since they were playing with 3D on.

http://i.imgur.com/WSchdWj.jpg

Troubled Fish

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deeboonie
3DS FC
3136-6693-6395
There will be a demo. It's already been released at a few conventions in Europe this weekend. Someone posted a screenshot of it on reddit. There's also a few videos of it on youtube, but they're kinda bad since they were playing with 3D on.

http://i.imgur.com/WSchdWj.jpg
Awesome! It's great that the local demo play is back. I can use it to try and entice my friends to get the game haha.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The official facebook page has posted a couple great developer blogs. I really enjoyed reading both! They even mention that the west is getting exclusive content of some kind... Anyway, the articles are worth a read! Maybe Wednesday's Nintendo Direct will have a MH4U segment? That'd be great. Definitely the game I most want in 2015.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea, MH4U is hands down THE game I want the most that is coming out next year. 1000s of hours of fun just waiting to come out!

Closely followed by Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
We finally have a release date! Everyone call in sick or fake your death on Feb 13th!
Yup! Funny, I was just about to post about this.

Well, if you are in the market for a New 3DS, the Monster Hunter version seems like a perfect opportunity! I'm seriously considering it.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I seriously want that Monster Hunter New 3DS XL BUT I don't have enough cash to spare for it. I will definitely get the game on the release date though! It is going to be AWESOME!

Now just to finish making many of my sets solo in MH3U.

The date is much earlier than I expected, I thought March or something. Well guess I will be spending my Valentine's day with MH4U :p

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Woah that was fast. Guess I will be sticking with my Pokemon XY 3DS XL till the end of this handheld generation.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Sold out already... dang. Oh well. The game itself is the real gem. Dude, they've got so much content in this game, it's incredible.

When MH4 came out in Japan, I spoiled the whole thing for myself. I learned as much about the monsters and equipment and such as I could. This time around, based on the difference between Tri and 3U, I figure 4U probably has double the amount of monsters, equipment, and quests to do. Even though I spoiled the MH4 surprises, I know that there's gonna be so much to discover in this game that I feel like I haven't spoiled all that much in the long run.

Ever since I fell in love with the longbow in 3U, I consider myself a gunner, first and foremost. I also love Hammer, Greatsword, Lance... and I can't wait to try out the Charge Blade. The Insect Staff looks fun. There aren't any weapons I dislike, really, though I do hate having to combine ammo for the Light/Heavy Bowguns.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
It's happening, guys!! NA is finally getting the codes! (Not mine, sadly)

EDIT: NEVER MIND! I GOT IT!!

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
W00T! I just got mine as well!

I didn't even check my email till I saw your post! Can't wait to play!!

Now whether to kill that Savage Deviljho or to play the demo, choices choices.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
play the demo

no one will play 3u after 4u anyway
Some Wii U owners will.

Including me. I will miss some of the water combat and some monsters not in 4U.

Yea but the numbers will drop down.

Guess I will play the demo for now :) Deviljho can wait.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I just got a demo code :)

Add me if you wanna play: 2595-1989-8575
Not sure if NA can play with EU, but it's worth a shot.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Got the demo, loving the Charge Blade, it is definitely going to be my go-to weapon for this game. Playing online with people I don't know is frustrating, since they love to hit you while you are trying to activate a powerful attack. -_-

But this makes me more excited for when the game drops. MH4 New 3DS and a MH game I can play online? Win.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
If any USA people have a spare Monster Hunter demo code, I'd appreciate it. Just PM it to me. I'm in Club Nintendo, but they didn't give me one. Go figure.

Thank you if you're feeling generous :)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I legitimately didn't know there was demo codes before checking this thread.
I know right? Someone told me that the demo codes were getting released the other day, and when I heard it was through Club Nintendo, I was like, oh, I guess I am not getting those codes. Got off work, and forgot the codes were even a thing until I checked my email hours after I got off, and was surprised to see them there. Sadly, I don't have any more, since I gave them away to friends.

Top Bottom