• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Modset4.2] Open BrawlBox/Lib Development Thread [PW's SSS support(PAT0 editing)]

Black Star

Smash Cadet
Alot of C# learners here xD
I'm still trying to make some time to learn C# unfortunately. :(

Bero

Smash Journeyman
There are many good site but all I know is Japanese site...
I will be glad if anyone introduces good site here.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the link, I've started playing around trying to make my own program but I've already gotten stuck.

I have another glitch to report with the brawlbox modset. When I try to edit fogs in the scene data(I'm not sure about anything else) in STGPIRATES.pac I get this:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3844/brawlbox.png

Bero

Smash Journeyman
@NO@H
I'm annoyed by it too... I should find the way to fix it.

@Mr.Chuy
Start organizing? Do you mean make team?

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I think you are right. But however, I think it isn't necessary so much to make team because it is a open source project.
I want many people to join this project;)

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
So I tried adding grid lines to be model preview but I failed because I didn't know what I was doing... Bero, do you think this is possible?

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Umm... You'll need knowledge about OpenGL to edit model related interface .
There are no impossible thing in programming in theory, but to do that, I and you are too immature now.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Alright, I've decided. I'm going to learn as well with my measly experience with C.

:E

Dantarion

Smash Champion
So you quit, yet you keep coming back to post that you quit.

:|
I HAVE quit.

Development on OpenSA2 went from daily to none, I no longer idle in the IRC, and I no longer plan to update anything ive made or wrtiten. The only thing I am even willing to mess around with is AI, and thats simply because its something new and interesting to me.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I HAVE quit.

Development on OpenSA2 went from daily to none, I no longer idle in the IRC, and I no longer plan to update anything ive made or wrtiten. The only thing I am even willing to mess around with is AI, and thats simply because its something new and interesting to me.
I know that, I was being sarcastic. This is why these forums need sarcasm BBCode tags.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I won't be learning programming in C until likely Spring semester of my Sophomore year.

And I just started :(

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Hi Bero, I am a student animator, and I have a lot of interest in making custom animations in Brawl.

I was wondering if it's possible to perhaps make the animating in BrawlBox easier to use for us animators. Something along the lines of Maya's animator, where the user has a manipulator, and we can move the bones around with a mouse. At the moment, unless it's something really simple, it's really hard to make a nice animation. Also, another thing that would make animating sooo much easier would be something holds the position of a bone regardless of where the rest of the skeleton moves. The hip bone is such a pain to deal with because it moves the rest of the model.

If you have time to take a look at something like this that would be awesome!

Thank you for your time. :)

Bero

Smash Journeyman
@Jiangjunizzy
I'm sorry but I don't have knowledge about OpenGL. Also, I'm working on AI editing.
I want to add that function though...

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
So Bero, how would I go about editing the model previewer with OpenGL?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
So Bero, how would I go about editing the model previewer with OpenGL?
No offense, but if you have to ASK....you probably won't be able to change anything.

I am proud of the community for people actually saying "I'm gonna learn C#" now.
Learn C#, become real programmers. Then when Brawl is done and over with we can make something worthwhile.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
The fastest way to become a programmer that can deal with BrawlBox/Lib is making programs actually.
If you have finished learning C# grammar, you should make programs as soon as you can.

By the way, I will be able to release Modset2 soon. But I haven't finished analyzing AIPD node, Modset2 will have only editing ability of second MiscData and ATKD node. Also, I found routine of loading second MiscData, but I can't understand them. Editing second data will be intuition work...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If who has a club where?
At my college. I just got into summer session today and I'll start getting into activities more during fall session when I live on campus (I'm literally 20 minutes away from the main campus).

My major is Digital Media, more specifically game design, and I already have 2 years of introductory experience in Delphi, an OOP similar to C++ except it uses interpretation instead of compiling. I've read an article on similarities, differences, and how C grammar works somewhat.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hey Bero i keep running into a problem with the modset
Whenever i try previewing this file i get an error saying:
"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt"
After i hit okay on the error message and view the stage in the editor part of the stage disappears which is weird

Bero

Smash Journeyman
@Mr.Chuy
Sorry, it was silly mistake.
I fixed it but I want to release it with Modset2 because I will finish making it soon.

Top Bottom