• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Modset4.2] Open BrawlBox/Lib Development Thread [PW's SSS support(PAT0 editing)]

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I misworded that. His attacks didn't become weak, they became slightly stronger, but he became much lighter and one hit killed him. The second test was the opposite, he became very small and his attacks were a little weaker but he became much more resistant to knockback. So GFG1 control the fighters attributes, and they're stored in groups of three as a range for different difficulty settings (and size is only stored for certain levels where enemies become bigger, such as the giant Diddy (was it giant Diddy? Whatever, it's not important, it was a giant fighter) boss). The first block, I believe, is size.
So...is this used in lieu of VS. Mode's handicap on different 1-player difficulties, as well as for enemies? Does it just make Intense Tabuu overpowered, or does it also up the damage ratio on the characters?

Note--it makes sense that character's attacks aren't weakened, because bosses/enemies on higher difficulties are just given higher HP; if you could attack your partner in 2-player SSE I bet the damage would be the same on all difficulties.

By the way, I've been an end user until now when it comes to Brawl mods, but I have some programming experience and the nuts-and-bolts hacking aspects have always interested me. So, I'm planning of cracking open those C# tutorials and getting into this stuff over the coming weeks.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
So...is this used in lieu of VS. Mode's handicap on different 1-player difficulties, as well as for enemies? Does it just make Intense Tabuu overpowered, or does it also up the damage ratio on the characters?

Note--it makes sense that character's attacks aren't weakened, because bosses/enemies on higher difficulties are just given higher HP; if you could attack your partner in 2-player SSE I bet the damage would be the same on all difficulties.

By the way, I've been an end user until now when it comes to Brawl mods, but I have some programming experience and the nuts-and-bolts hacking aspects have always interested me. So, I'm planning of cracking open those C# tutorials and getting into this stuff over the coming weeks.
I haven't tested Tabuu's GEG1 files yet (SSE Enemies/Bosses have different BLOC file types than fighter bosses/enemies. They also have a completely different structure that makes me angry while trying to decode it because at one part it will be easy to find data blocks and then all of a sudden it changes completely after some linking definitions), so I don't know what the results would be.

I was only testing fighters for that example, the specific fighter was Kirby from the first stage. Fighters don't have health, so the GFG1 files control fighter attributes, including size, weight and AI level (there are more attributes, but I'm not sure what they are).

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't specifically asking about Tabuu.

Going out on a rather sturdy limb, the other attributes are run speed, jump height, etc. Try racing Captain Falcon and Snake in SSE, and you'll see what I mean.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Well, because I'm working on OpenSA3,update of modset will stop for a while.
I'm sorry, all people that are looking forward to next modset.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Bero, I am actually going to be working on adding things to the Modset that will help with OpenSA3.

Heres a wishlist.
1) Ability to toggle bones on and off from a MDL0 object
2) Ability to render something while the transforms from bone are still active on the OpenGL context

EDIT...I tried using r11 I think it was...I think theres files missing from the SVN. I just reverted to my last commit for now.

SmashBrosFighter

Smash Rookie
@Bero
Some features you should REALLY add in your next version of Brawl Box include:

Ability to export ALL resources from a particular subfolder within an archive (such as ALL texture pictures in a specific textures folder)

Ability to export ALL resources of a given type from a given archive (such as ALL textures only or ALL models only).

The ability to choose a particular export file format for a given resource type when doing a mass export (not just when exporting single files). For example, selecting BMP or JPG or PNG when exporting ALL textures.

The ability to import multiple files (such as pictures into textures). That is, the import dialog box should allow ctrl+click and shift+click for file selecting.

Allow parameters of file formats for exporting to be set in some kind of setting/options dialog box. For example, setting the compression amount for exporting compressed image formats JPG and PNG images.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
OK, don't use this program forever. And don't post in this thread.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
But without the suggestions I described, your program is so lacking. And NO OTHER program does it either (if it did, I would have switched and used it, and not bothered writing here).
Don't act like people have to add in support for whatever you want.
A intermediate coder could do all that stuff themselves, and then submit it as a patch.

Get to work if you want work done. Don't demand.

SmashBrosFighter

Smash Rookie
Don't act like people have to add in support for whatever you want.
A intermediate coder could do all that stuff themselves, and then submit it as a patch.

Get to work if you want work done. Don't demand.
This was most likely written in C, or some other language that is NOT Visual Basic. I'm familiar with VB, so it would be useless for me to try to add features to this program. I wouldn't know where to start.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
@Dantarion
Ignore him. He can't do anything except for looking down on Kryal and BrawlBox.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Informations will be helpful when I add function of it. But as I said, I'd like to work on OSA3. I will do that later.

bobjrsenior

Smash Cadet
Can you make it so you can make a new .coll collision editor file or try and fix the problem i've been having where if i link a collision object to a bone and the collision object isn't the first one in the list it automatically unchecks when i leave the editor and doesn't show up in game. I'm trying to make a much better sequel to my final destination survival with multiple moving platforms, but unless it gets fixed or someone tells me what i'm doing wrong i'm stuck on making it. Link to final destination survival 1 -http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=6619&Moderated=0-.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Just wondering, would you be able to add a little something for animations?
basically a bone translation porter.
so from character A (like... maybe link) to character B (let's say ness)
the equation could be like...
Current Character A translation - Default Character A translation + Default Character B translation = new translation. this should be able to port animations to characters easier i guess... idk, my math may be off

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
yay :3 lol yeah, I'm looking forward to that feature, and i'm also looking forward to the developement on Tabuu/OSA3

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I don't know if this is being planned but I think that it would make sound effect hacking loads easier if there was a way to replace individual sound effects in the brsar similar to other data types in BrawlBox. I know it wouldn't be easy, but would revolutionize sound effect hacking if it were done.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have to explain why I haven't been here recently.
I have spent a lot of time for developing BrawlBox. It was a great joy for me, of course, but it is becoming a weight for me... Brawl hacking takes a big part of my life. So, I realized I had to quit Brawl hacking.

It is pity for me that I haven't made anything which is useful for many people. I can feel PW,Kryal,Dantarion's excellence now...

So, I'd like to quit Brawl hacking in a month. I also would like to find another person who lead developers here, and do remaining works.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
It is tough I imagine, obviously without large teamwork dedicated on one project it's unlikely it will come to fruition. Working on such a large project with just one person or a handful will obviously be taxing on those people. You have to have priorities and I don't think Brawl hacking should be very high on the list, good luck to you and thanks for what you have done.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I will gladly manage things, but I don't have time to keep doing this kinda stuff often.
I do have enough time to check on threads, and do bugfixes, but ANYTHING I ADD OR IMPLEMENT WILL PROBABLY BE BECAUSE I WANTED IT FOR TABUU :D

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Ok,Ok. I'll fix that, but I really want to find a man who develop BrawlBox/Lib instead of me...

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Dantarion.
its a bit mundane to add things for other peoples benefit.
I think so too. If you develop this, please develop what you really want.
I don't want you to lose your motivation.

DAGanmanert

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if I should ask this here, but it's a pretty easy question I can't figure out. Im putting in my custom brawl menu, I have the pic I wanna use and everythings fine. The only thing Im missing is the "pf" folder on my SD card. Im not totally sure how I grab that, I have the other Brawl folders(St,rp, ect). The answer is most likely right in front of me but im probably just semi-********. lol. Help??

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if I should ask this here, but it's a pretty easy question I can't figure out. Im putting in my custom brawl menu, I have the pic I wanna use and everythings fine. The only thing Im missing is the "pf" folder on my SD card. Im not totally sure how I grab that, I have the other Brawl folders(St,rp, ect). The answer is most likely right in front of me but im probably just semi-********. lol. Help??
....Right click--->New Folder(name it pf)..........

DAGanmanert

Smash Apprentice
....Right click--->New Folder(name it pf)..........

I didn't think it was that easy..Cause Brawl has it's own folders for Snapshots, replays, and all that. I figured there was a reason for the "pf" folder, otherwise what's the point of making it? I could just make another folder with a different name that would have the same results. Or am I wrong?

Top Bottom