• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Modset4.2] Open BrawlBox/Lib Development Thread [PW's SSS support(PAT0 editing)]

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Well, IMO, the best thing to do would be to add a checkbox allowing you to see (even if it's not full opacity) the other models in the PAC while previewing one of them. This would avoid having to check if the model is in the right place on the collision previewer when making a stage.

I'm sleepy so IDK if I explained it well enough...

Ls777

Smash Cadet
Well, IMO, the best thing to do would be to add a checkbox allowing you to see (even if it's not full opacity) the other models in the PAC while previewing one of them. This would avoid having to check if the model is in the right place on the collision previewer when making a stage.

I'm sleepy so IDK if I explained it well enough...
Seconded...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Thank you Super_Smash_Kid.
Your starter kit works flawlessly.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
alright srsly...
are experts ignoring my threads or something...
or are they just being selfish and don't wanna pass on info :glare:

srsly
smash developer here who is tired of waiting for help :mad:
I've searched everything... alright...
the docs and codes suck and are poorly written or commented

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295671

I know this post is in the wrong thread, and it can be deleted
at least leave a good informative post in my threads plz :glare:
I'm tired of being ignored (PM-ing, VM-ing, posting on multuple forums, and getting no response)

and yes, I should be a smash dev >_>
I did apply, but apperently I did something wrong...

EDIT:
yes, please delete this post...
but leave an informative replay as to how to decipher the facepoints correctly.
please :|

EDIT2:
figuring it out:

still getting there... :/

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
i never used the sss expansion code before
now i downloaded the starter kit
my question is
when i want to add a stage
for example Melee Final Destination
did i only have to name it STGCUSTOM01 or do i need a .rel to go with it?

Skyground95

Smash Cadet
In the next version of BrawlBox modset, can someone add the ability to edit the values in Colors in the mdl0? Currently the values are only viewable :/

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
i never used the sss expansion code before
now i downloaded the starter kit
my question is
when i want to add a stage
for example Melee Final Destination
did i only have to name it STGCUSTOM01 or do i need a .rel to go with it?
You must have a .rel for every custom stage to go with it.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
In the next version of BrawlBox modset, can someone add the ability to edit the values in Colors in the mdl0? Currently the values are only viewable :/

yes plz
I had to edit colors manually

that's how I got this:

(the glow)

I've been trying to figure out the material colors ever since then...
(still got some things that are blue)

but being able to edit colors would be nice :)

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Why won't BrawlBox let you name two PAT0 entries with the same name? There are entries in Brawl's default file with the same name (which refers to the name of the texture).

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Okay I have a problem. My codes to give me the 37 extra stages have been checked and they work. My selmap to give me the 37 extra stages has been checked and it works. I named all the stages as that other post said so heres my stages
http://www.mediafire.com/?myjsdgrp890vl1o
and I thought I got all the rels right (I was given a link by Super_Smash_Kid that makes the rels have that one value on all the stages changed to 00 and then I renamed them corresponding. Can anyone else with knowledge try to re-make the rels corresponding based on that link I supplied? Thats the only thing left that I can see as the problem. Btw if I load up brawl right now (Using riivolution) I will get all the extra stages on my SSS with the custom icons. But if I click a stage I get a silent 'soft freeze.' This is with the rels I attempted to make myself.

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
i think 2 features that should be added is editing srt0 files from imports thats from other games. I noticed that brawl's srt0 files r Type 1, but the 1's from other games says Type 2, which doesnt make them work in-game.

Also, another feature would be able to rename a CLR0 in a brres file besides using HxD to rename them. (that can be optional)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
this thing murders anything manually hexed...
not that much stage hacking was going on when people actually had to manually hex stuff
:/

just something to point if anybody decided for any reason to try to edit the really old stage hacks like the original mansion+ or summit+

Lindenk

Smash Rookie
So....if I was planning on making some kind of utility or set of batch files that would allow you to add/change a character/stage whenever you wanted along with all of its csps and names and such automatically , how would I go about doing that? (I have some experience with C++ and C#(among other languages) but I haven't looked into how brawlbox picks apart a file to allow it to be read and altered yet. I figured I would be better off asking about this to see if its been done or if there was some documentation or something first.)

edit: To make things more clear, I want to make a utility that would alter base files to include any data that goes with a set in one go so every time I felt like changing an entire character or stage, I wouldn't have to repetitively change each little piece.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Why is it you can't open smash_sound.brsar with any of the modsets? And you also can't save any changes made to Peach's fitmotionetc.pac, it gives an error right when you open it up, even an unedited one

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Weird.

I can open it.

I'm bumping this to request to whoever has the time to please expand the mdl0 repository so we can edit shading and normals.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to automatically export all your csps as victory screen portraits? It's just un-checking compression and renaming the file right now, but it would be cool if it was automated.

Four Sword

Smash Cadet
I seem to have run into a bit of a small problem regarding the final step of adding custom icons to the stage roster expansion stages.

I have added 14 stages in total (customstage01-09 and 0A-0E) and they're already in the place I want them for my SSS.

in the sc_selmap.pac I've already added more entries to allow for the custom stage icons and previews (same names as the already existing ones, except the numbers are now named to 61-74 at the end; the values inside the pat0 entries were changed to match the names; so again: 61-74)

However when I tried to add them in the final part of the custom SSS code, like so:

01010202 03030404
05050606 07070808
0909330A 0B0B0C0C
0D0D0E0E 130F1410
15111612 17131814
19151C16 1D171E18
1F19201A 211B221C
231D241E 251F2932
2A3A2B34 2C352D36
2F373038 31393233
2E3BFFFF 403D413E
423F4340 44414542
46434744 48454946
4A474B48 4C494D4A

4E014F01 50015101
52015301 54015501
56015701 58015901
5A015B01 5C015D01
5E015F01 60016101
62016301 64016501
E0000000 80008000

red = stage id
blue = icon ID for 61-74 in hex (you're supposed to do this from what I've read?)
green = etc.

(40 being the stage ID for customstage01, and 3D being 61 in hex for the icon ID, the same has been done for the 41-4D stage ID's)

However, I only seem to get pokemon stadium 1 icons over the customstages, and when I hover over random the stagepreview for customstage0E seems to appear.

I'll also provide the currently as-of-yet to be finished sc_selmap.pac http://www.mediafire.com/?i7gekc7rmvbx00w.

Help would very much be appreciated.

-Four Sword

Edit:

I've taken a look at SSK's stage starter kit to see what kind of values I should use for the Icon ID's in the SSS code, and they seem to be 20-29 and 2A-2D

After some further testing the stage icons 20-29 ARE hex for prevbase and icon.32-41, which I don't use, so I'm back to the code I used before.

I still have the same problems

edit2: Would starting from 60 instead of 61 help at all? (went through this thread again)
note that I have already tried changing all the entries to 32-45 in brawlbox, prevbase, icon and pat0values as well as in the SSS code (20-2D) but that it still didn't work at that time (instead I suddenly got one of the custom icons over stages such as brinstar)

Edit: problem fixed

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
When one places SSS resources into the sc_selmap.PAC do they automatically get converted to a format that has a larger file size than a jpg? I notice that when I added my files my sc_selmap.PAC increased in size considerably more than it should have...

libertyernie

Smash Ace
They all have their own formats they get converted to. CMPR for Prevbase, CI8 for Icon, I4 for FrontStname and SelchrMark, IA4 for SelmapMark.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
They all have their own formats they get converted to. CMPR for Prevbase, CI8 for Icon, I4 for FrontStname and SelchrMark, IA4 for SelmapMark.
Hmm, alright. Thanks for the information.
Is there any way I can convert them ahead of time so I can see what their real file size will be?

EDIT: Nevermind--I figured out a way to do it (I think).

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
I know brawlbox can open and export brstm, but could anyone here add a function to import a .wav or .mp3 file and export it as a sound effect?

Top Bottom