• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Lock this thread, making new one.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This tourney had no Falcon Ditto Money Matches and is thus a failure.

Mike, post in the St. Louis thread, over in midwest social. That's where all the diabolical planning occurs. You have a great Ness, and we'd all like to see more of it.

Edit: Since Ankoku's thread is in a questionable state, character data is being placed here for posterity's sake:

47 entrants
$10 Entry Fee
1st Thinkman $305 (Jigglypuff, 2 games of Ness (CORNERIA AGAINST G&W AHHHHHHH))
2nd MetalMusicMan $118 (Meta Knight, DDD)
3rd Amazing Ampharos $47 (Gaymanwatch)
4th Twilight (Ganondorf)
5th Legan (Link)
5th Future (ICs, Diddy)
7th Music (G&W)
7th Rob Gambino (Meta Knight)

I think I messed this up somehow. what place did TBFU or w/e get? And what characters?

Teh Future

Smash Master
Great tournament. Nice job to everyone I played and just wanted to say thanks again to Milk! for hosting and Thinkaman for helping make it run so smoothly despite getting moar people than expected. 48(?) for a local tourney? too good.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Great tourney everyone! Much better turnout than I expected! Good games to all and I hate your roll out ONCE AGAIN Kyle!!!!!!!

Also Kyle don't forget to list me as Metaknight/DeDeDe/Falco because I did use Falco against Legan in a later match. Unless you think one match doesn't matter.

Hey guys, this is Cheesymike (or cheery mike as they had me listed xD). I just wanted to let you guys know how great of a time I had at this tourney, and I would really appreciate it if any of you guys could help me get more actively involved in our smash community.
Where do you live? I live in St. Peters MO off of Mexico / Spencer Road, right by Mid Rivers Mall.

This is the thread you want to post in for all of the STL happenings: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=92583&page=482

I host every Tuesday at 5pm until ~11pm-12am. Feel free to come over and play, your Ness was surprisingly good and we'd love to have you with everyone else who usually comes over!

If you want directions / phone number for me, PM me :)

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It was a great time, and the venue provider even seemed interested in more tournaments like this. I look forward to that.

Anyway, shout-outs.

Thinkaman: Isn't Jigglypuff supposed to lose? There's just no way she's half as bad as people say, and the Jigglypuff/Mr. Game & Watch matchup is in no way 85-15 or whatever other dumb number people give. That and you're really good (and fun to hang out with). Next time will be even more fun of course; the turtle will have his revenge. Also, I don't know if this makes you happy or sad, but you pretty deeply damaged my ability to confidently pick Corneria (not that I ever had much personal synergy with it). I doubt I'd be picking it against you again. Doubles was also fun; we did quite well for never having teamed together before.

Metal: That set we played in Loser's Finals was nuts. I could john about that SD on Luigi's Mansion all I wanted, but it wouldn't be right. You really earned the win. I'm also pretty sure playing matches like the one we had on the Halberd are how you get better so I'm really look forward to some more of that!

V-something: Sorry, I didn't remember your alias, but you were the Meta Knight player I played two rounds before winner's finals. Wow, we sure showed everyone what stalling in Brawl is all about, right? I can't believe I actually beat you in that last game either; I thought I was done for. Like I said while we were playing, even though both of us were playing super stallishly, I got a sense our skill level was pretty close, and I got a lot out of our games. It was good getting to play you.

Legan: You make it seem like losing the first match was a ploy to be able to play as many games as possible to show off your super powered Link (does your version come with the Triforce or something?). Anyway, we had a good MM though I can't deny every time I play you I flash back to the first time we played way back in pools at JCCC2 and you totally destroyed me. It's silly. Seeing you use Meta Knight in doubles was interesting too; it's like Link's projectiles in tornado form (that's a good thing)!

Angry, angry Norfair: You seemed to be spewing loads more fire than you usually do; this tournament must have made you really mad or something. Even if I lost to Thinkaman on you, it's okay; you still served me pretty well. Given the times selected for massive pillars of fire, it almost seems like you really are actively just trying to kill everyone; it's too good.

Anyway, the last minute stage changes seemed to work out pretty well; I can't speak for anyone else, but I saw no evidence that Delfino is struck particularly often so I don't get where the critics are coming from... Actually, almost everything legal actually got picked at some point; the only two I didn't play on, see, or directly hear about were Castle Siege and Pokemon Stadium 2. I bet my pro 8 minute stallfest was enough to convince you guys to ban Green Greens for the next event which I obviously don't want but is okay I guess. Just please replace it with something else. I suggest Distant Planet, but I'm not picky or anything.

So yeah, it was a good time; thanks for the good games everyone.

Kim Bo Slyce

Smash Rookie
This tourney had no Falcon Ditto Money Matches and is thus a failure.

Mike, post in the St. Louis thread, over in midwest social. That's where all the diabolical planning occurs. You have a great Ness, and we'd all like to see more of it.

Edit: Since Ankoku's thread is in a questionable state, character data is being placed here for posterity's sake:

47 entrants
$10 Entry Fee
4th Twilight (Ganondorf)
5th Legan (Link)
5th Future (ICs, Diddy)
7th Music (G&W)
7th Rob Gambino (Meta Knight)

I think I messed this up somehow. what place did TBFU or w/e get? And what characters?
You said I got 7th, using Falco/DeDeDe/Metaknight

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Man, Gambino didn't tell me he got 7th. Not a bad showing, not a great showing, but he made it out to be worse.

Had a blast. Sorry I wasn't around to play many (if any, I can't honestly remember) casuals, as I was running around like a headless chicken playing in STHD, SF4, MVC2, Tekken, and TVC. But I had a blast, everyone was pretty chill, and hope to come back to your future tournaments.

Shouts...

Milk first and foremost. As far as someone running a tournament goes, as Ron Burgandy once said, "Milk was a bad choice." Wait, that's not right...seriously dude, good stuff on running this tournament.

Lixi and Rauleen for reinforcing in my mind how much I don't know the Kirby matchup at all. Definitely gotta practice it, good matches though.

Legan and Metal for the laughs during the Wolf/Wolf team match. Double thanks to Metal for the advice, which I will be practicing on for next time.

I'm sure there's numerous others that I can thank, but I can't remember their names on here due to my sleep deprivation at the time (literally was going off 4 hours the night before, and couldn't sleep on the way there, and played 6 tournaments), but you were all chill in my book, and hope to be back at Ogre's soon to play again.

Kim Bo Slyce

Smash Rookie
Oh btw it's me Toasty/Cody/Fat guy with a hat

I did get seventh, something got screwed up in the brackets. I lost to Will, fought SNO (the mario player), and went on to fight future, and lost to him.

TP

Smash Master
While we're going through discrepancies, Twighlight should be listed as Ganon/ROB/Metaknight and not "ganondorf".
I'd actually say Ganon/ROB. I used MK against Future twice. One time I lost, and the other time he suicided twice. It was more of watching him die than actually beating him. <_<

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
47 entrants
$10 Entry Fee
4th Twilight (Ganondorf, ROB)
5th Legan (Link)
5th Future (ICs, Diddy)
7th Music (G&W)
7th TFBU (Falco, DDD, Meta Knight)
9th Cheezy Mike (Ness)
9th Wang (I dunno, only time I saw him play he was Wolf)
9th Sno (Mario)
9th Rob Gambino (Meta Knight)

Sorry for messing it up earlier. I only have the top 12 too, since Tio crashed.

Radium88

Smash Lord
That was a freaking awesome tournament for a tournament n00b like me. 17th out of 48!! I hope that it will be a monthly thing. Also, we may have found a venue if we decide to host a circuit event in StL? Maybe? Possibly? Yes?

I'm glad I didn't do as bad as I thought I would do, aka get dead last. I was actually proud of myself. Girls represent! Woot Woot. I played patiently and less rock and hammers (although I shall perfect that combo, just wait and watch)
This was my 2nd real tournament, but I don't really want to count the 1st one because I got pwned way too royally.

Shoutouts:

Milk! - Awesome meeting you and I hope to see you at Metal's so we could actually play together. Also, good job on getting the tournament going and introducing us to a possible venue. I shall PM you with some questions.
Cody- Same goes for you dude. Except for anything I said after "Also".
Lixi-Had a good time having some Kirby dittos and I will definitely pick up another one, probably Peach or Pit. I do believe I beat you with my Peach in Melee so I might try to relay those skills onto brawl. And don't tell me you don't play Melee, I beat you. That's that. Oh and thanks for playing doubles with me. Sorry I sucked balls though.
Kyle-Way to go with beating everybody in your "fragile" state. Remember, Auto saves or hot keys next time. I want people to know I am actually getting better and that girls do have a possible representing capabilities. Again, I GOT 17TH PLACE OUT OF 48!
Missing Person-It was nice playing with you. I will be glad to play with you to have some Kirby practice.
Gambino-I would like to play some one vs. one with you next time instead of teams. Also, nice to meet you. Hopefully She-Geek is there next time so moar girls can be at the tournaments.
St. Charles Cr3w(Metal,Nyus,Kolby,Kevin,Future)-Thanks for cheering me on and rearing me into a better player. Thanks for telling me to be patient and calming my nerves during my matches.
Metal-Gratz0rz on placing
Future-Gratz0rz on placing as well
Alt-F4-Wtf? We are playing again at Metals. Can't believe you beat me in our match to put me in the loser's bracket. No offense, you are good but graaahhh!
Sorry if I forgot anybody.

Kim Bo Slyce

Smash Rookie
Fix'd. Can't let that go to your head. :chuckle:
Can't let you do that Star Fox!

Shoutouts:

Kyle: We're still lovers after all. Our love has held true. And most of all, we're the sexiest people at the tournament.

Seth: Luigi mains are the win, and me and you kept getting lost in conversation about brawl. Good stuff! Also, we both play MyBrute. WIN!

Raulen/Brawlene (lol what an awesome nickname): Women brawl player that doesn't smell bad. No seriously though you main kirby, the chick in our crew does too. Kirby mains for the win. Cool to talk to, and you also you play MyBrute, which is awesome. And you said our Street Fighter 4 player was a sexy 15 year old El Fuerte main. Which IS true.

Dave/Future: Sick Ice Climbers considering the amount of practice you barely put in at that point. Good match

Will/Metal: Nice, close match my friend, and good job on beating the game & gay to make it to the finals!

Cory/Legan: You're the sexiest man at the tournament. Too bad there was another black guy there to challenge your blackness. EDIT: and don't lose your pride man! Keep at it with the Link

Kolby: Representing the big bellies at the tourny, and I hope to never have to face the Pikachu wrath at a team tourny. You held off a DeDeDe/G&W for 3 minutes by yourself. I nearly pissed myself.

Alt+F4: Nice R.O.B., and you were pretty chill for just meeting you.

Milk: For being a sexy tournament runner and giving me a BJ on the way back home. Also buttsex

Justin: You got unlucky with the pairings, you had to face the man that knocked out our entire crew first. I love you, and I'll see you tonight and give you lovings.

Hector: EL FUERTE!!!!

Danny/Casey: You both just got back into Brawl, and you guys are surprisingly better than I imagined. Lets keep at it!

Anybody else I forgot: You're awesome and I love you. Strong Homo.

Slops:
The guy that rage quit and talked **** about me afterwords. Get over it, it's a video game. Have fun, smoke a bowl

Amazing Ampharos: Don't be so cocky next time. Pointing out somebody is losing during a money match? Fighting over controller ports? And much more? Really? Sorry, but there's a reason people were rooting for Metal during your match bro. I mean there's no knocking your game and watch skills, you're ******** good. But your sportsman ship can use A LOT of work.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Amazing Ampharos: Don't be so cocky next time. Pointing out somebody is losing during a money match? Fighting over controller ports? And much more? Really? Sorry, but there's a reason people were rooting for Metal during your match bro. I mean there's no knocking your game and watch skills, you're ******** good. But your sportsman ship can use A LOT of work.
Sportsmanship is everything :)

Kim Bo Slyce

Smash Rookie
Sportsmanship is everything :)

Your avatar is Guts from Berserk, that is everything

Oh, and i forgot about these two, but they do deserve their own posts:

Sno: Your Mario is pimp. I have never seen that many aerial combo's in one jump

Zac: You never wanted to go to a tourny, and were afraid you would lose. You end up doing extremely well with Gdubs. Do you finally see why we forced you to tournaments?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
That tourney was awesome, I had a great time. I thought it was a great first tourney to go to, and I can't wait for them to be monthlies. I'm not gonna waste time with shout outs because I'm not too sure if anyone is coming back here until there is more info about it being monthly. Although trust me, if we played/met i more than likely remember you (I'm pro like that :laugh: ). To everyone who are thinking about coming to metal's do it, I started going about 2-3 months ago and it has increased my game a ton (before that I had no competitive smash experience). Hope to see you all around

Nyus

Smash Cadet
Seth: Luigi mains are the win, and me and you kept getting lost in conversation about brawl. Good stuff! Also, we both play MyBrute. WIN!

Lol cody, we had a good time man. Looking forward to playing with all of you guys on tuesday. Hopefully kyle can make it out here as well. As far as MyBrute goes, Mine will PWN YOUR FACE!!!!!

Kim Bo Slyce

Smash Rookie
That tourney was awesome, I had a great time. I thought it was a great first tourney to go to, and I can't wait for them to be monthlies. I'm not gonna waste time with shout outs because I'm not too sure if anyone is coming back here until there is more info about it being monthly. Although trust me, if we played/met i more than likely remember you (I'm pro like that :laugh: ). To everyone who are thinking about coming to metal's do it, I started going about 2-3 months ago and it has increased my game a ton (before that I had no competitive smash experience). Hope to see you all around
you will not NOT see me. I will stalk you man.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I don't think I was cocky. Fighting over controller ports is only logical; I saw my opponent's cursor hovering over Link who has an explosive. That's playing to win. He turned out to mindgame me and go to Meta Knight anyway who has the advantage on controller port 1. That was actually hilarious.

If I said anything that actually offended Legan, I'm sorry, but the only comment of mine that seemed to move him was a before the match claim that Mr. Game & Watch vs Link was 50-50 which he strongly disagreed with (and I'm not sure it's bad sportsmanship to overrate someone's low tier main). If I did point out he was losing, it was only out of relief and not any way to put Legan down. Like, if I really offended him, he can let me know and I'll offer him the most sincere apology I can since I have never meant to offend him, but I don't think I did.

I'm not sure what the "much more" was. That 8 minute stallfest I had on Green Greens was the obvious best winning tactic; I even was sure to tell my opponent that it was nothing personal and that I just wanted to win (since I knew the tactic was probably making the match suck for him). You have to do what you have to do to win; I thought I was being nice about it (while still doing it of course) in this case.

I did get really mad when that guy walked partially in front of the screen. I try not to say anything, but it really, really messes me up big time when people are moving close to the screen (I think I complained about this at the Edwardsville tournament whenever I was playing on the set-up that was next to the entrance to the bathroom and behind the counter). The way I play smash bros causes my eyes to focus on movement, and I can't help but look at them which pulls my eyes away from the screen. This was actually an extreme case that would mess anyone up since he actually partially obstructed the right side of the screen, and even worse he did it just in time to cause me to be hit by a kill move. Yeah, I was mad, and I let everyone nearby know that I was really mad about that. Still, consider this. Given that a third party directly interfered with the match, I had some grounds to object to the legitimacy of the match. However, I decided against it since my opponent was winning anyway when that happened, and starting over wouldn't have been fair to him. That sounds like good sportsmanship to me.

If you mean that stupid commentary thing early in the day, that was all Thinkaman's fault. I even realized about a stock in that it was really stupid and unappreciated and stopped. I now know that my commentating skills need work, and I can see why you need a few people doing it at once. If that messed up either person playing the game, I'm sorry, but I seriously blame Thinkaman for that since he pressured me into doing it.

If you mean some of my random off-handed comments like how I like PictoChat/Norfair after my opponents pick them or tallying the balloon break score or making random references to what a pal Sakurai is with tripping and stage hazards or commenting on how angry Norfair was, you should probably realize that's actually more an attempt to be friendly and casual during the event, and to some extent the talking is a part of the game. If I get a sense that I'm actually bothering my opponent when I say random stuff, I stop; maybe my personal skills aren't good enough to always pick up on that, but oh well. I should hope it's understood that none of these comments mean anything; I actually try to avoid saying things that cheapen what successes my opponents have (like I tripped into a kill move once during the tournament, but I didn't carry on johning about it). If my comments are just socially awkward, well, I'm a nerdy guy. What do you expect?

Um, what else... I did do that huge sigh of relief and fell halfway to the ground after that win on Luigi's Mansion, but given the comeback I'd just made I think that was warranted (and no, I don't care that my opponent pounded the table out of anger then; I understand how he felt). I did flat out say that Mr. Game & Watch was a natural Mario brothers counter during that doubles match, but my teammate was talking really nervously about Luigi and his performance during that match so I was both trying to re-assure him and drop the hint that he would be fine staying back and playing more defensively against them since I could be expected to carry more of the load (you can't just come out and say things like that or else they'll start going after your teammate more). I did ask my opponent during friendlies in the beginning what he was doing when he kept charging Eruption over and over again as Ike (and hurting himself!), but I seriously thought he was just screwing around and didn't really want to play against someone who wasn't trying at all (when I found out that he wasn't just screwing around, I felt kinda bad for saying anything).

If you mean the way I ran off right after sets and made opponents wait on me, that's because I was also playing in HDR which turned out to be a huge mistake on a few levels. My problem there was being in two places at once.

I did give Legan a bit of advice after our money match, but I think that was actually being nice since I noticed a situation that came up a lot where he could have pulled a fake out on me and didn't (when being subject to a multi-stage attack on your shield like a jab combo, Meta Knight's or Snake's ftilt, or [Toon] Link's fsmash, it's a lot harder to shieldgrab if they mix up not doing the last hit of the combo since they can start doing something else while you're still waiting to react to the last hit). After the very first time we played, he offered me in a fairly laughing (but don't worry, totally non-offensive) manner the simple advice not to counterpick Rainbow Cruise against Link with an explanation about obstacle courses; I took that advice to heart actually so I was returning the favor.

I kept suggesting opponents pick Sonic or agree to banned stages that would have given me a big advantage, but that's just joking around. I find it hard to believe anyone would find that offensive.

I can't think of anything else I did that was likely to have seriously offended anyone, and if I did, feel free to let me know. I do plank and camp and spam the turtle and counterpick the most biased stages I can and generally play to win regardless of how "gay" it is (which is the main reason I probably seem "******** good"; I don't actually have any secret powers), but I try to treat my opponents with respect. I am pretty sure I shook the hand of everyone I played and told them good game, with extra enthusiasm for the matches that were really close. I tried to help Thinkaman run the event. I helped fold up the chairs after the event ended. I actually provided my TV to the event, and if my Wii weren't broken, I would have provided it too. I even corrected the person doing the math when the money was distributed when he tried to give me $1 more than I deserved. I don't see how I'm a bad sport, and since I actually try to be a good one, that criticism bothers me enough to attempt to deflect it. If I seriously offended anyone, I would be more than happy to apologize and they can be assured I didn't mean anything. If you just are having trouble dealing with the fact that I'm kinda socially awkward, you should just learn to deal with it if you intend to frequent smash tournaments; some of us are just like that. And, just so you know, it is disheartening to have everyone cheering my opponent on, and while I do understand that you always want to support people in your crew, it's always sad for me to not have my own crew behind me cheering me on. Everyone always roots against me; it kinda sucks. I can live with it and only hope it makes you feel better than I feel bad, but I hope you now understand how I feel about it.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Missing Person-It was nice playing with you. I will be glad to play with you to have some Kirby practice.
Word, have to take you up on that then. One of my crew plays a decent Kirby, so I'll be practicing with him at some point hopefully, but I could definitely use all the practice on that matchup as I can.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Can't let you do that Star Fox!

Shoutouts:

Raulen/Brawlene (lol what an awesome nickname): Women brawl player that doesn't smell bad. No seriously though you main kirby, the chick in our crew does too. Kirby mains for the win. Cool to talk to, and you also you play MyBrute, which is awesome. And you said our Street Fighter 4 player was a sexy 15 year old El Fuerte main. Which IS true.
Sorry but it's Rauleen and so therefore it's Brawleen. kthx! Anyways, where was the chick you were talking about?! :( She should have been there to represent! Kirby mains FTW, fo sho! And he was very sexy and can't wait to watch him play again. God, I'm such a pedophile....

Also, radium88.mybrute.com

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If you mean that stupid commentary thing early in the day, that was all Thinkaman's fault. I even realized about a stock in that it was really stupid and unappreciated and stopped. I now know that my commentating skills need work, and I can see why you need a few people doing it at once. If that messed up either person playing the game, I'm sorry, but I seriously blame Thinkaman for that since he pressured me into doing it.
This is the truth; commentary is TOP TIER.

My dream is to make enough money playing Smash to hire Random to come to all my tourneys. Sadly, as long as we're talking Brawl tourneys, that's going to be a pretty high price.

Legan

Smash Lord
Ampharos is amazing. Nuff said.

Really though, I dont think there was anything wrong with the crap he did or said. Some of you have been to out of state tournaments so you should know the type of **** talk and disrespectful things that go down. (ex: Texas/WI Bashing MO straight up). If someone does something out of line I would quickly let them know whatsup, but really everyone was really chill and the tourney went down without a hitch. Good **** STL.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Wow, I didn't get any shout outs :(. I was pretty unhappy with the bracket and how I placed, so I probably wasn't that fun to be around. Round 2 Gambino (my roommate), round 3 Legan. Overall I loved the tournament though! We should definitely have monthlies. It's a bit pricey for me to come every month because I'm in school with no job, but this summer I could make it every week if you wanted lol.

Legan- It was awesome finally meeting you. Your MK is insanely good! I'll be scared if I meet you in brackets again. I understand people wanting you to keep using Link, you have one of the best Links I've ever seen. But honestly, no matter how good you get with him, Link is still low tier, and you need a secondary. I didn't get to play your MK one on one, but I played you in teams and watched you play Gambino. I think you have the best MK I've ever seen in person. Just get some more practice with him and learn match ups, and I don't think it would take you long to be the best player in st. louis.

I didn't read the whole thread (just most of it), but were people giving Amazing Ampharos a hard time? I was a little upset because he beat Gambino, but he didn't do anything wrong. Rob lost all his composer after stalling in that match on green greens, but honestly, he inspired me to pick up G&W. The stuff he did on that stage was nuts! Not to mention the psychological edge it gave him. Good stuff Ampharos, I definitely want to see you at another tournament sometime soon.

Thinkaman- please stop taking out money :) I'm sure other people would enjoy winning sometimes too XD Good playing, and good job helping running things.

Kim Bo Slyce

Smash Rookie
Ampharos: Too much thought into it man. All I said was a bit more sportsmanship. You weren't that bad considering we've dealt with the Chicago crowd before.

Now that's some BS talkin right there

Overall though you were fine, it's not like we hate you buddy. Chillax

Rauleen: Sorry I put your name in wrong! I was extremely tired by that point. You'll see our chick soon, if she can ever get free! She's so busy!

Everybody else: No homo, no pedo. I'll see you fella's at Metal's.

EDIT: Ampharos, you're a cool guy if you go through such extremes to apologize. But there is some things I will debate, because I and many others heard it with our own ears. Yeah i was mainly referring to the commentating. "Hah, looks like I'm going to win". "I can do this all day buddy" etc. You said a lot of cocky stuff that came off as arrogant. And you were doing it during the team tourny too.

You had every right to contest controller port usage. The way you went about it though was ignorant. Me and metal were having a heated match, only to be interrupted by a loud "YOU HAVE EXPLOSIVES, I WANT CONTROLLER PORT 4". The fact that me AND Metal both said, during our match, "wow, are you serious?" is a bit ridiculous. And it's not just that. Again, at the tail end of me and Metal's match, we again get distracted by a loud "IT'S NOTHING PERSONAL ABOUT PLAINKING I'M JUST TRYING TO WIN". Dude, you don't have to shout that stuff, and it could have been saved for after the match.

Then, during your money match with Legan, I'm extremely glad he's a chill guy that doesn't care, but you did, once again, commentate. you were up a stock, and stated "well it looks like i'm going to win, might as well give up now, what do you say?" Even if you didn't mean that in any harmful way at all, it comes off as, once again, arrogance.

Like I said, no hard feelings. All i simply state was a bit more sportsmanship. you're a respectable member of this site and many people find you cool on here I've heard. I've dealt with crappier people during Brawl tournaments, so it's no sweat. I hope to see you at the next tournament

FINAL EDIT: http://demontoast.mybrute.com , it's on Rauleen

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Argh, sorry about some of my reactions at the tournament. I was really disappointed with my performance in a couple of my games, so I figured I would go ahead and get my johning done first.

Milk/Kyle/TO people- Good job running the tournament. The bracket kind of disappointed me and screwed zozefup over, but most of it was fairly good. It was one of the best I've seen run, especially considering the circumstances such as having to change room at 10 min prior to starting time, having to search for people playing other games, 5 setups, brackets crashing, etc. You guys were on the ball getting the matches played without any real problems.

Legan- Fun playing melee with you. We had to do something to john about our performance that day. Wish I could have played your link. I was kind of embarrassed, I think your meta is better than mine, lol.

Lixi- Same goes for you. I really do miss the pace and combos of melee.

Milk- Good to finally meet you. Melee was really fun, and I liked your puff.

Ampharos- Good stuff. I was really disappointed being 40% with you at 160% on mansion and blowing it, but you outplayed me. You're the best game and watch I've played. Hehe, I was hoping green greens would have give more apples so I could somewhat approach, but I guess I waited too long. Well done.

Future- Crazy IC. I choked on the diddy match, and you made me pay for staying grounded. Came back for 2 stocks, wtf, lol. IC had some real solid stuff. You finished off your 2 chain grabs, and I didnt' even know solo popo could do that grab crap. I felt pretty confident against IC, but you didn't panic when your IC were starting to split. 2 grabs was all you needed, good stuff. You got a crap load of potential with those guys, keep it up.

Brawleen- Good stuff. I was impressed with the grab combos and tournament placement. Next time we go up to St. Louis, She-Geek will probably be there. She was extremely upset she couldn't come.

Metal- nice to see you again. Congrats on 2nd. Sorry I didn't last long enough to play you again, lol.

Kyle- Same goes for you

Cheesy Mike- You came out of nowhere, crazy stuff. I wanted to play you, but you like disappeared.

Kimbo- nice to see you again.

Wang- Wow, good stuff on 9th. You represented Illinois better than I did, lol.

Toga- Where were you? I was looking forward to our rematch.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of people, but overall this tournament was really fun. Until next time St. Louis. Maybe if we ever feel motivated we'll try and get something run in our area as well.

Zozefup- way to suck. Lol, there's your shoutout

Corey- keep up the Rob.

Steve- You too

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Nyus. Crazy luigi crap in teams. Grab to up-B is too good. We were lucky you missed a couple of those opporunities.

Top Bottom