• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Lock this thread, making new one.

TP

Smash Master
Let's look at my odds of making it to the tourney, shall we?

Tourney date: May 9th
AP Physics Test: May 11th
AP Chemistry Test: May 12th
Parent Status: ****ing pissed off

Doesn't look too good, but it is still possible if I study hard for the tests before that weekend. On the other hand, I'm gonna be studying for the AP Calc BC test that is the first week of May. So all in all, not a 0% chance, but not too good either.

Milk, is that a Ganondorf icon I see? Is that for Melee or Brawl? I main him in both. :)

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Let's look at my odds of making it to the tourney, shall we?

Tourney date: May 9th
AP Physics Test: May 11th
AP Chemistry Test: May 12th
Parent Status: ****ing pissed off

Doesn't look too good, but it is still possible if I study hard for the tests before that weekend. On the other hand, I'm gonna be studying for the AP Calc BC test that is the first week of May. So all in all, not a 0% chance, but not too good either.

Milk, is that a Ganondorf icon I see? Is that for Melee or Brawl? I main him in both. :)
Yeah both.
I just recently picked him up for the lolz.

Teh Future

Smash Master
once again, Ill see who is planning on going to the tourney tomorrow. Im not really sure if people will want to because williams isnt coming but I would still like to come its just that I dont have a car so yeah.....

Milk you should talk to the owner about doing a doubles tourney also, although I dont know if thats possible because there was lots of people last time+limited set ups+limited time, so it might be best just to do it like we did last time, after most people clear out organize a smaller one with like a 2 dollar entry fee.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Future that's probably what we'll do.
It really all depends on the time + if we have another room + people.
If not I do wanna' play some doubles friendlies, my Ganon in doubles is pre' sick.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I feel ******** for JUST NOW realizing that this tournament thread exists. But I'll definitely make this one.

I would like to go to this, but I'm graduating that day. My parents would probably prefer that I went to graduation, even though I could win money at this tournament. I guess maybe they'll buy me nice things for graduating, so it evens out.
Hmm, since you're not going...anyone want to be my doubles partner? You'll get hit alot by me, and then I'll die alot! Doesn't that sound like fun? :chuckle:

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Haha I'll be your doubles partner!
I school at doubles, and usually play the one who gets the kills, so I can take some damage!
Good **** Mike, we're getting a Ness ditto.
Don't be afraid to socialize with us, we're all chill.

Teh Future

Smash Master
OK so apparently AltF4(steve) and Legan(Toon Link) are coming, but those are the only people who said they were. Im still probably there as well.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Eh, there's a tourney on the 9th? Lol, if I didn't have so much work to do, I'd go.

_Wolfy_

Smash Cadet
Alrighty sounds good i'll try to make it but there better be some melee too cause otherwise i'm wasting my time screwing my melee game up with brawl lol
but anyways i'll play

Legan

Smash Lord
If you want me to help you out with link, than you should chill on the ******** brawl bashing. Theres PLENTY of brawl players that will wreck any of you kids in melee.

Cook

Smash Master
...any way this can be moved back a week? Then maybe Metal, Rauleen, and I could all go, and I'm VERY important!

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Zig-Zag, if you go zozefup or I will team with you. It's not everyday zig-zag comes into town, so we'll split up the mks.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm going to loudly vote against moving it back, since I'm staying late in town for it as is...

Also I call Zig.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the crew planning on coming with Gambino, despite having to pack & leave for Mexico within 48 hours of the tournament.

If it gets pushed back a week, I'll be missing (potentially, it's up in the air right now), both May & June tourneys.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Also, I would like to run singles Pools at future events if possible.

Pools take about 5P*(N^2-N) setup-minutes to complete, where P is the number of pools, N is the people per pool, and S is setups. If we have 40 people, that's 8 pools of 5 which would take 800 setup-minutes. (So a little over 2 hours on 6 setups, or a little over 3 on 4 setups.)

While I'm doing math, 32 people double elim bracket should take about 680 setup-minutes.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I don't think it's gonna' get moved back, so everyone plan for the 9th.
I can say we'll have more then 6 set ups, but the only problem being, I'm not sure where this tourney will be, if we'll be in the side room again, or in the main get up.
Pools can probably be arranged, but no promises.
I will try to get this all sorted out, but everyone aim for the 9th.
Zig be there pleeeeeease, I've still never met you.

Slido

Smash Cadet
How nice of you to mention me Milk, it's an honor for sure, but i don't know about a doubles with those two....the thought kinda scares me.

Oh, i should have at least one other person coming up there with us and my ride should be covered so you shouldnt have to worry about that. Ill also be bringing at least one set up, two tops if my friend agrees to it.

Slido

Smash Cadet
Alright, i guess you talked me into it, but who says I'm going to play Luca? and you with PT....i don't trust it.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
I can say we'll have more then 6 set ups, but the only problem being, I'm not sure where this tourney will be, if we'll be in the side room again, or in the main get up.
I'd say it'd end up being in the side room again, but considering they're waiting to run the side tourneys until setups clear from the SF4 tournament, and not running 3-4 main tournaments at once this time, they could possibly have room for both in the main room, if they extended the setups to the back room (where they ran HD Remix and Tekken) again. I say plan for the side room but don't be surprised if smash gets room on the back wall and in the back room. I'd actually much prefer the side room so long as Ogre addresses the lighting issue early on.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
If they still have ownership of the side room, then it'll probably be in the side room.
I'm not sure if Ogre will still have it or not.
I'll contact him about it soon.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey, I'm sorry about you two having to play each other 3rd round. I'll definitely make sure you two are always in different pools and opposite sides of the bracket from now on--of course, if you enter with more people in your "crew", you might end up slightly closer, but it shouldn't be a problem. I think I now know how to properly set up tio, which is location first THEN by seed manually... I was doing it the opposite way (which seems more intuitive). This was will be more trouble, but how things ought to be done.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I am going to contact Jeff or Ogre tomorrow and see who will have what room and such.
The only problem being, Jeff had something come up, so I don't think he will be there to run it, so we're sort of trying to find a replacement for him to run SFIV, cause I really don't wanna' run Brawl + SFIV + Side Events.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I am comfortable running multiple events if we aren't on a time crunch, there's no more than two at once, and it is more orderly than last time. (Obviously in the same room as well.)

I nabbed the updated version of Tio and it seems to work fine, no crashes.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Lets hope it doesn't crash this time.
Anyone else willing to bring a laptop, I can bring recording equipment, I just have to install the software on the laptop, I was gonna' ask to use yours Think, but it'll be being used for everything else.

Teh Future

Smash Master
You should see about doing Melee if not this time then in June, theres definitely enough people to support it and I think it would be best if both games were supported.

Top Bottom