• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
you dont even have to ask me jr... you know you can (and should) stay at my house and chill as long as possible.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
lol before i got too into the scene i always thought that people used the term john referring to tc1's name cause he seemed to john a lot back in the day :p

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i kinda though john was everyman.

like average joe. because everyone makes excuses.
theoretical john would blame his "R" button.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
next time we enter teams we need to bring two wavebirds and set them to the same channel

just so we could john if we wanted to

but we wouldn't lose

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
can't knock it until you try it

1hko'ing Jirachi on the switch with fire blast is beautiful

2hko'ing both blissey and skarmory is beautiful

revenge-killing cloyster is beautiful

2hko'ing Slowbro with HP Dark is beautiful

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so... focus blast vacuum wave hp dark fire blast....

2hkoing slow bro eh? ahhhhh ****

but any fast psychic type... or ghost switch in... unless youre using scarftar with it

interesting niche pokemon lol. how much spA does ith ave?

can't knock it until you try it

1hko'ing Jirachi on the switch with fire blast is beautiful

2hko'ing both blissey and skarmory is beautiful

revenge-killing cloyster is beautiful

2hko'ing Slowbro with HP Dark is beautiful
Hey you know what other pokemon does all of this? Tyranitar, but he does this better and more unless he's ****ing banned or something. I dont know how it goes nowadays.

Scarftar has always been for noobs, it's always been a "please set up on me." Choice scarf in general is a gimmick, but I don't really have anything against the item itself.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
smogon cries about offense overpowering stall so these are their bans:

manaphy
garchomp
blaziken
politoed and swift swim on the same team (removes all potential viability of Seaking and Lumineon :troll:)
excadrill
thundurus
deoxys-s

i think all of them except manaphy are still allowed on PO's main server. now i know how you feel about the smogoners, adaias.

jeez people. if stall sucks then DON'T USE IT AND PLAY OFFENSE. that is way too many bans and honestly they all balance each other out. that's two rain bans (three if you count thundurus), two sand bans, a non-weather ban in deo-s, and SPEED BOOST BLAZIKEN which was the best thing that ever happened to make fire types viable at all!

they balance each other out!!!

cry more and stall, smogon... UNTIL YOU GET CRITTED AND COMPLAIN ABOUT HAX!!

heck, VGC has better ban lists than smogon. i think VGC 2013 should be triple or rotation battles just to spite the gen 1/2 purists. this is 15 years of pokemon, *****es! we play THREE ON THREE now!!!

rare footage of choknater ranting

i hope they are happy now with their ferrothorn/dragonite teams.

btw, offense is still very **** on smogon, but not in the sweeping sense. Scizor/Rotom-W/Landorus offensive core spamming the hell out of u-turn and volt switch gets off so hard.

edit: okay, so PO server also banned blaziken and thundurus. and dw chandelure.

sigh if i want to use fire types do i gotta play ubers? i wanna play with the big boys in ou though :(

smogon cries about offense overpowering stall so these are their bans:

manaphy
garchomp
blaziken
politoed and swift swim on the same team (removes all potential viability of Seaking and Lumineon :troll:)
excadrill
thundurus
deoxys-s

i think all of them except manaphy are still allowed on PO's main server. now i know how you feel about the smogoners, adaias.

jeez people. if stall sucks then DON'T USE IT AND PLAY OFFENSE. that is way too many bans and honestly they all balance each other out. that's two rain bans (three if you count thundurus), two sand bans, a non-weather ban in deo-s, and SPEED BOOST BLAZIKEN which was the best thing that ever happened to make fire types viable at all!

they balance each other out!!!

cry more and stall, smogon... UNTIL YOU GET CRITTED AND COMPLAIN ABOUT HAX!!

heck, VGC has better ban lists than smogon. i think VGC 2013 should be triple or rotation battles just to spite the gen 1/2 purists. this is 15 years of pokemon, *****es! we play THREE ON THREE now!!!

rare footage of choknater ranting

i hope they are happy now with their ferrothorn/dragonite teams.

btw, offense is still very **** on smogon, but not in the sweeping sense. Scizor/Rotom-W/Landorus offensive core spamming the hell out of u-turn and volt switch gets off so hard.

edit: okay, so PO server also banned blaziken and thundurus. and dw chandelure.

sigh if i want to use fire types do i gotta play ubers? i wanna play with the big boys in ou though :(
They all balance each other out. Thanks to garchomp's ban in DP, guess how many steel types you had to run to not get ***** hard by scizor who would just take half the life of a pokemon and then leave? I remember everyone ran 3+ steel types just to avoid taking that much damage for free. If Garchomp was there you wouldn't have to deal with steel being OP as always since it's the best type in the game by far. Having SD garchomp in the back would make you think twice about switching in a steel cause they could anticipate it and switch in chomp for a free +2 attack which would then turn into a free kill.

People think of pokemon in too much of a linear way. Some pokemon are worth a lot more towards the end game than others. Some are very good early game (leads and utility) and get diminishing use with each turn. I think of that blaziken as the lucario of 5th gen. That thing wins games by itself, but it needs proper openings to set up and it's not like it has zero counters. It loses half its HP with any attack so it can't even switch in like lucario who was steel type.

The only pokemon that should be banned should be the ubers with the 680 base stats because well they're ridiculously bulky and they learn just about every move that is relevant. There are a couple of base 600 that should be banned like darkrai and friends because they not only create openings for any other sweeper, but they can also make use of that opening themselves to 6-0 a team.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
agreed. in fact, with a solid early game, you can make SOOOO many pokemon viable toward the end.

this is what i do with my favorite pokemon, lilligant. (however it's still kinda hard when she's completely walled by ANY fire or steel type with passable sp def. which includes scizor >____>)

just gotta get rid of those things though. just discovered that she has nice offensive synergy with zapdos so imma try that out today

i'm also gonna try out vgc meta, since it seems funner haha. and i play the double battle subway in-game now, and it's much more challenging since you have to read when people use protect.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah, i agree.

also, remember that time charmander's flame was about to go out in the rain because that ****** damian left him on a rock in the middle of nowhere?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hehehehe

man, in my quest to put sweeping lilligant on a viable ladder team, i have created a couple nice gimmicks to take out lilligant's counters

cb scizor bullet punch - these are pretty easy to bait these days, so i switch in

magnezone @ leftovers
iron defense
charge beam
hp ground
thunder wave

then they once scizor is dead and magnezone has a few boosts, they are forced to hit zone with some kind of special move, which allows me easy prediction. pretty nice tool

heatran counter: rain dance swift swim mantine. i still have to play around with movesets i think, but being able to come in on everything heatran has is nice. mantine's main problem is that it cannot survive too many SR switch ins because it doesn't have recovery moves... however reaching high speeds after a rain dance is super nice.

i'm starting to appreciate temporary weather more than perma weather. really disrupt's people's momentum

another counter to lilligant is ferrothorn, but generally whittling him down isn't the hardest thing ever. just tryna think of better team options.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i went to a melee tournament last week, YOU GO TO A MELEE TOURNAMENT!!!!

I was even on the stream, ask Kenny

Gaara♥

Smash Master
yeahhhh I didnt play on the stream and I didnt enter but I was in charge of manning the recording station. I am entering the next tournament I go to which will be on the 24th

Is blissey still viable in 5th gen? I always ran stall teams in 4th gen with like one sweeper where I would make people misplay with the stall teams or whenever I saw a good chance to wreck **** I would switch in something retardedly broken like life orb zapdos.

When do you guys play pokemon? you guys should hit me up on that. I'm going to be playing some 4th gen teams on 5th gen for a while haha

Are dream world things legal?

Wow gen 4 pokemon wreck hard, get at SKARMBLISS. Some guy ragequit after I used flamethrower on his fortress with my blissey. I heard the metagame was all about steels so GET SWEPT BY BLISSEY. Heatran is so ****ing ridiculous still. I plowed through a blissey and a gyarados right now with it

Top Bottom