• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Fly was telling me about how awesome the Wombo Master is in person today.

I felt honored to be able to say that I knew him while he was a man who lived in modesto.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
See, the secret to it is to post when Fly's at a tournament. Like today.

Protip given. You can thank me another time.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i am like women and children in the sense that i am top priority when loading up life boats during the sinking of the titanic.

and that i like rainbows.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol shoutoutz 2 mastershake

the celebrity he met was roni, THE roni

yayuhz

how could i beat DP and lose to catnip? hahahahahahhah. oh man.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i played them yesterday at tag

catnip used marth, then falco, both pretty good. i think i could get him next time though!!! he surprised me a lot, and i spent most of my energy preparing for and trying to beat DP. i thought i had GF in the bag but catnip surprised me a lot. i think his playing brawl seriously helped him get better at melee.

i also beat moon 2-1 in a friendly set. it's cuz not only did i have the roni tag, but roni's support in the flesh. too gooooood. playing moon is such a spirit lifter, and i think that warmup enabled me to win LF

i also made a godlike 1-3 stock comeback against delphiki. i was playing bad, then i thought, "no way i'm losing an ic ditto. i'm way better than this!!!" then i came back with sopo at the end, ahhh so godlikeeeeee. reason we went 1-1 in the first place is cuz i went young link hahahahha. he is a lot better than GKL. young link kinda sucks.

fun stuff yesterday. i brought a new friend from uc davis, and also brought roni with me to a tournament for the first time. and i played umvc3 before its release! fun experience overall

my sets:
winners quarter - 2-1 delphiki
winners semi - 0-2 dp
losers semi - 2-1 delphiki
losers final - 3-0 dp
gf set 1 - 3-2 catnip
gf set 2 - 1-3 catnip

project styles vs moon SERIOUS RECORDED MATCH

moon 0-2 :(

i played them yesterday at tag

catnip used marth, then falco, both pretty good. i think i could get him next time though!!! he surprised me a lot, and i spent most of my energy preparing for and trying to beat DP. i thought i had GF in the bag but catnip surprised me a lot. i think his playing brawl seriously helped him get better at melee.

i also beat moon 2-1 in a friendly set. it's cuz not only did i have the roni tag, but roni's support in the flesh. too gooooood. playing moon is such a spirit lifter, and i think that warmup enabled me to win LF

i also made a godlike 1-3 stock comeback against delphiki. i was playing bad, then i thought, "no way i'm losing an ic ditto. i'm way better than this!!!" then i came back with sopo at the end, ahhh so godlikeeeeee. reason we went 1-1 in the first place is cuz i went young link hahahahha. he is a lot better than GKL. young link kinda sucks.

fun stuff yesterday. i brought a new friend from uc davis, and also brought roni with me to a tournament for the first time. and i played umvc3 before its release! fun experience overall

my sets:
winners quarter - 2-1 delphiki
winners semi - 0-2 dp
losers semi - 2-1 delphiki
losers final - 3-0 dp
gf set 1 - 3-2 catnip
gf set 2 - 1-3 catnip

project styles vs moon SERIOUS RECORDED MATCH

moon 0-2 :(
Where's the 2-0/3-0s man. Practice harder if you're going to take competitive play seriously ah ;)

I want to play melee with someone..Kenny you killed smash in Modesto

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha don't give me that!

i don't even have my wii to practice! i take competitive smash seriously when i'm at a tournament, but otherwise i practice only occasionally now as opposed to everyday before.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
DP was MAD salty that he lost LF. And me too! Grrrr although I feel better because I thought it was a 3-1 lol.

But yeah catnip has been in the lab I guess, mad weird to see him do good...

I also met Andre 3000, so I guess that makes it 2 celebrities.

Who was your friend from Davis?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
DP was MAD salty that he lost LF. And me too! Grrrr although I feel better because I thought it was a 3-1 lol.

But yeah catnip has been in the lab I guess, mad weird to see him do good...

I also met Andre 3000, so I guess that makes it 2 celebrities.

Who was your friend from Davis?
stephen, asian dude standing w/ roni cheering during finals

and i think i deserved that 3-0 in LF lol. i saw mad openings in the way he ran away. i just thought about it a lot right after i lost in WS cuz i was salty.

and my results are consistent IMO! i only really lose to bizzarro flame, shroomed, and good people i have never played before/in a long time.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, i'm pretty sure it surprised everyone including me!

idk. from the way he played during those sets, he seemed mad good. or maybe i was just playing bad? idk. we'll see, cuz i'm gonna try to go to the next tag if they have one.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
lol i wasnt talking about your results from other tournies(honestly i dont keep up with anybodies tourny results unless theyre like in this thread), its just these results seem kinda weird

losing to dp, then beatin dp, then beating catnip, then losing to catnip

also i can understand you beating a person and then losing to a person right after, you kinda let your guard down after you beat them once (atleast i know i do)

for example, i beat ss at this one tourney and then play absolutely ****ty for the rest of my tourny matches that day

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i see it more as adaptation

the reason i beat dp 3-0 2nd set is cuz i really thought about the way he plays falco. no offense to him haha, he just plays very safe. that robotic kind of falco play does not work vs ic's because they have two characters that can attack THROUGH lasers. i exploited that a lot and hit him with a lot of what he called "dumb bull****" such as dash attacking and wave fsmashing through lasers. and he messed up a lot

catnip, on the other hand, plays a more loose, all around falco. he was doing things like laser, turnaround utilt which is apparently really good vs ic's because i couldn't grab it. i think if falco knows what he's doing, the matchup is slight falco, but it's very dynamic so i'm sure he just outplayed me in that last set. he adapted to ic's whereas i just got really tense and started approaching blindly

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
yeah seems like the only logical explanation that you beat dp and lost to catnip is that its a conflict of styles... maybe your style works better for beating dp or something

from playing dp and catnip a ton in the past, dp has always been on a much higher level than catnip (atleast to me, but then again it might just be that my style does okay vs dp and really good vs catnip)

this is random but... catnip looks like john legend LOL

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO he does!!!

but yeah, i mean, i agree that DP is probably the better player overall. but yeah, the style of playing the matchup determines falco vs ic's, because they both HAVE to play a certain way. falco running away with lasers allows ic's too many opportunities to get in. whereas falco being aggressive, a more "normal" style, is better vs ic's because they are shut down when nana gets hit once, which isn't hard because falco has shield safe stuff as long as he hits his l-cancel.

catnip figured out some good stuff, but even catnip doesn't know the extremely broken stuff in falco vs ic's LOL. (for example if you shine grab dthrow loop, even if you are throwing NANA, popo can't punish falco)

but yeah, dp just has to stop being afraid of my shield and actually hit the l-cancels, which i'm sure he could. he said something about not liking my double shield, so he chose to run away, so i exploited that by using anti laser tricks.

catnip, on the other hand, was nairing my shield and actually l-canceling. huge difference

anyway, when the video goes up, i'm gonna get to see my obvious mistakes and figure him out anyway. i often win the runback!!!!!

stephen, asian dude standing w/ roni cheering during finals

and i think i deserved that 3-0 in LF lol. i saw mad openings in the way he ran away. i just thought about it a lot right after i lost in WS cuz i was salty.

and my results are consistent IMO! i only really lose to bizzarro flame, shroomed, and good people i have never played before/in a long time.
good stuff anyways.

Everyone roots against me in tournaments at Kriers and no one is ever glad to play me either. I don't even know why :urg::urg::urg:

Top Bottom