• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man i cant wait to watch you play DP

i consider you one of my rivals (dp being the other)

so watching you guys play each other is gonna be a huge treat
Oh sick, what channel is it going up on?
ahhh actually i don't know the channel!! it was seris or drgn recording. same recording setup as brawl, so we'll see

good stuff anyways.

Everyone roots against me in tournaments at Kriers and no one is ever glad to play me either. I don't even know why :urg::urg::urg:
aw haha, what game? if you are favored to win, and you DO win, don't sweat the haters.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
the people who record at TAG are super inconsistent about uploading their tournament videos

last time i was at a tourney over there, they told me they'd upload my gf set with DP but it's been one year and still no upload...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wow, i didn't know anyone in this thread still plays smash.
amazing.
adidas, how did i kill smash for you??

this online tetris tournament is actually making me miss melee a lot.
i had a friend (who just bought melee after playing me one time) watching my tetris set and i was trying to show him the difference between my attempt at combo style and my standard style. so fun.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
man, combo style is so gay

just saying

but i love doing it <3

edit: ya, i still play melee too. i went to long beach for a tournament a couple days ago actually D:

WENT 0-2 BUT THAT'S THE NORM FOR SOCAL

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha. get @ me. got 2nd place at my last two tournys!

locals though

IF ONLY THE LAST CGC FINISHED I WOULD KNOW HOW I'D REALLY FARE IN NORCAL * COUGH * * TEARS *

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i have 1999 kills in mw3. i'm at 1.5 kdr. i bet i will be done with this game forever in about 2 months.

ahhh actually i don't know the channel!! it was seris or drgn recording. same recording setup as brawl, so we'll see

aw haha, what game? if you are favored to win, and you DO win, don't sweat the haters.
Yugioh, I usually win 2-0 most of my games anyways, but people don't like me for some reason. I don't let it get to me anyways. Last weekend I made a lot of poor plays so whenever I knew that by doing that I was giving away my advantage I would just time out everyone. I time out a lot of people though I don't really do it on purpose most of the time, I just think my turns through and I think ahead many turns. Also I take a lot to counterpick, but counterpicking is very important in any sort of game that allows it especially in yugioh where you can counterpick even if you win your first game.

haha you got this. if you're winning, just keep on winning and keep a humble attitude
My mindset is like that of pink shinobi, if you know you can get outplayed, just camp. Krier's has a lot of good players who travel to nationals and other big tournaments and actually place so some of them get really bitter when I beat them because they think I'm some random scrub though I always place well in the tournaments anyways

I really want to play smash though, I need some lumpycpu practice

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah, interesting then haha. have you ever thought of going to big tournys/nationals for yugioh?

thanksgiving/winter break you'll get to see bay area chok haha.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man....

my team got WAAAYYYY buffed in ultimate mvc3. i'm really hyped!!!!

just posting this here to gather my thoughts about my team...:

dropped tron for doom...

x-23:
- main change is cancel crescent scythe into talon dive. new loop combos and higher damage bnb's! just gotta get used to the new scaling
- can use missiles assist after rage trigger, and for dirt nap setup
- if people try to run away from me, just gain 2-3 bars and either DHC to hsien ko and tag doom, or dhc all the way to doom finger lasers
- now even more viable due to wolverine nerfs
- however i can no longer rely on tron assist, so have to be careful about early game

hsien-ko
- can now jump cancel f.M and f.H
- gotta try to invent jump loops with f.M
- can zone with f.H, jump cancel up or up back, and gong for anti-jump in zoning!

doom
- doom + hsien-ko combo, hella braindead but super effective zoning. just hidden missiles then call hsien ko when they get close, then plasma beam them all the way to full screen. plasma beam XX finger lasers if you wanna keep pushing them away even more
- gotta practice those combos and figure out how to use the new godlike S
- increased mobility soooooo much

i'm gonna be near-perfecting people again. just gotta practice the game for a few days!!!!

i'm gonna have a weakness against strong early-game strategies. my team is similar to frank/phoenix wright teams but stronger in early game. ahhh, having hsien ko on the team means i have to take my time. just gotta hope i get the first hit then i'm solid!

man....

my team got WAAAYYYY buffed in ultimate mvc3. i'm really hyped!!!!

just posting this here to gather my thoughts about my team...:

dropped tron for doom...

x-23:
- main change is cancel crescent scythe into talon dive. new loop combos and higher damage bnb's! just gotta get used to the new scaling
- can use missiles assist after rage trigger, and for dirt nap setup
- if people try to run away from me, just gain 2-3 bars and either DHC to hsien ko and tag doom, or dhc all the way to doom finger lasers
- now even more viable due to wolverine nerfs
- however i can no longer rely on tron assist, so have to be careful about early game

hsien-ko
- can now jump cancel f.M and f.H
- gotta try to invent jump loops with f.M
- can zone with f.H, jump cancel up or up back, and gong for anti-jump in zoning!

doom
- doom + hsien-ko combo, hella braindead but super effective zoning. just hidden missiles then call hsien ko when they get close, then plasma beam them all the way to full screen. plasma beam XX finger lasers if you wanna keep pushing them away even more
- gotta practice those combos and figure out how to use the new godlike S
- increased mobility soooooo much

i'm gonna be near-perfecting people again. just gotta practice the game for a few days!!!!

i'm gonna have a weakness against strong early-game strategies. my team is similar to frank/phoenix wright teams but stronger in early game. ahhh, having hsien ko on the team means i have to take my time. just gotta hope i get the first hit then i'm solid!
mvc dat slippery slope fighter. I haven't seen hype matches for MvC3 though, hopefully they appear after some time

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
yeah adaias you need to get your cube from me haha.

Also, I remember playing friendlies at kriers and I stalled quite a bit too. No one played me in more than a few friendlies. Most people seem to get pissed off if they can't end a game in 3 turns

Kenny you should add Su on mw3 and **** him (if you have it for 360 that is)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
my xbl name is TurtleHermitQQ if anyone wants to add me.

i'm not that good in the team based games yet because everyone is ****ing sloppy and reckless.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nah. i don't want to have to learn a new game. lol mw3 is pick up and go (bend over and ****) because i use all my try hard strats from older cod titles.

su added me while i was playing skyrim... he was playing skyrim... who's not playing that game??
buying two games in the same week is like the most expensive thing in the world.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i've barely played it at all.

keith, i'm gonna say your name on stage this weekend.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
so last night on the gsl tasteosis were talking about how on milo and otis there were 20+ kittens killed and even more's arms were broken to get the correct shots they were going for. i haz a sad :(

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
nestea actually got knocked out, but by huk actually not a terran. terran dominance isnt as prevalent as it used to be, toss are doing pretty well for themselves and one of the good zergs got kicked out of gsl as im sure you've heard.

Top Bottom