• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
OH MY GOD

THE CALLOUT

time to run it back with falco

i'll get at bizzarro WITH EASE!!!!!!!

ah man.... project styles is too good...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ughhhh

i'll show him!!!!

my falco will tap.

"NOT TRYING"

psh

does he even know that that was my first time choosing falco THE ENTIRE DAY? come on bro

ughhhh

i'll show him!!!!

my falco will tap.

"NOT TRYING"

psh

does he even know that that was my first time choosing falco THE ENTIRE DAY? come on bro
No johns, if I copied you then I would say "it's my first time using fox in x amount of months"
I still say that anyways

I'll interview choknater, just get me some equipment.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhh!

i will be there for sure!!!!

in my recent smash practice with myl, i practiced patience and creativity by pulling out slow characters. recently i put more thought into melee and realized the correct ways to play certain characters such as puff, luigi, samus, and even mewtwo.

it's hard to explain so i'll just show you guys stuff when we play :)

ahhhh!

i will be there for sure!!!!

in my recent smash practice with myl, i practiced patience and creativity by pulling out slow characters. recently i put more thought into melee and realized the correct ways to play certain characters such as puff, luigi, samus, and even mewtwo.

it's hard to explain so i'll just show you guys stuff when we play :)
**** no samus or mewtwo. What is happening this weekend? I don't check other threads on smashboards anymore

Bizzarra Flame

Smash Rookie
So what happens when either Bizzarro Flame or Choknater loses? Will the loser have to enter a few future tournaments with a tag like "Bizzarro Flame's *****" or "Choknater's dirty little hoe" or something?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
correction: i discovered the correct way to play samus for ME personally, BASED on her fundamentals.

i just watched plup vids and i kinda confirmed what i discovered. hugs is very minimalistic when it comes to samus, but the reason it works is because of the way her character works. she is supposed to be slow and tricky

one important think i realized when playing ice climbers is this: if you shoot an ice block (a slow, terrible projectile that slides on the ground) the opponent can avoid it easily. but that's the point: they still have to avoid it. in chess, even moving a pawn forward is still an advance. it forces the opponent to react. if you move the pawn in an excellent, well-fortified position, the opponent really needs to find good workarounds.

shooting an ice block from, say, beneath one of the platforms on pokemon stadium, is a great pawn advancement because the platform is protecting from above. if popo is desynched, he can also protect nana by using a uair or shooting another ice block.

i was a very aggressive player before, and i realized one of the ways i like defending myself is with projectiles. this is how i improved so much with young link, and i applied that theory to samus.

with samus, i tend to shoot a lot of missiles in my opponent's general direction even if they are not meant to hit. when they see the missile, they have to consider it's position and avoid it. even if it's way above their head, they have to think of not jumping. with samus, you can control your opponent's movement by throwing stuff out there, even if it's an uncharged or mid charged energy shot. (shoutouts to mid-charged shots, those things are actually really great.)

even if you do something silly like a retreating bomb, the opponent still has to find a way around it. when i realized this, i thought "man, i can do the stupidest stuff with samus and get away with it." this is why dark mike was so good. using him as my mental inspiration, i picked up the character and was fairly successful, while keeping in mind hugs' fundamentals. hugs' play tries to reduce randomness, but for an aggressive style player like me, samus can be used to control the opponent.

to play samus with a more intuitive rather than reactionary style, two things are required

1. patience. you need this with any character, but more and more so with slower characters.
2. a feel for randomness. this only comes with experience, and this is just that 6th sense that top players have when going for aggressive mixups. it's like they'll win 55:45 in rock paper scissors because they have that extra reaction time that will allow them to change up their option at the last split second. i call this being "random" even know it's slightly calculated.

like knowing when to grab with samus. or knowing when to do a move that is stupid, like 2 utilts or 3 spotdodges in a row, or dash attacking someone because you think they are going to drop their shield.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
haha, that's similar to how I just spam the hell out of lightning kicks with zelda. Half of the time I throw them out just to keep my opponent from advancing since it's really safe. I'll use them right out of my opponents range so that if they approach at all they'll get hit. They aren't really meant to hit, but more to waste a bit of time until my opponent loses his patience and decides to approach at which point i actually aim them lol.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
man andre i really wanna play your samus now LOL

samus is such a sick character

its tight that you got your inspiration from mike

even though he doesnt play anymore, he still has the sickest samus ive ever seen

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes nick, i find that's the reason you improved so much and did well at the tourny in my house. i thought those sweetspotted kicks were amazing reads, but in fact they were just pre-emptive

jr haha i miss you. still in socal? i'll play you for sure, and you can give me tips!!!

and yes i agree. his samus was freakin random and i now realize why randomness succeeds with characters like that.

(and also with foxes like yours that seem to slow down the game on purpose. maybe your brain is just slow TROLOLOLOL. jk jr you know you are my favorite player of all time with a playstyle that is a polar oppositve of mine and yet so similar.)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i have a feeling me and jr teaming after 5 years of eternal rivalry, we'd make a pretty godlike goku + vegeta team

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
yeah once i figure out how to team with ic's, im sure we'd be beast *you could use your other characters though such as your peach/falco which im pretty sure are also beast in teams*

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
1. i miss waffles

2. kfc is one of my favorite smashers.

3. choknater has a cool picture of goku as his avatar.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL

there was a chapter where there were mushrooms all over his body

and all the amazon girls were trying to pull them off

one girl said

"what?! this one is not coming off! ah! it's stretching!!!"

Top Bottom