• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I played brawl yesterday for the first time in over a year probably. I got ***** by some scrubs. I've forgotten literally everything I used to know about the game. Plus I was L-cancelling and going for jc grabs all day which didn't help any lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
that armada video was so epic, it made me want to play oblivion.

furreal doe
dat movie was playa
real chat

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, it was obnoxiously long and over-presented. i have a feeling that this guy will present it as some kind of thesis to show DVD developers or something.

it was pretty good though haha. it def told a story

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ROFL

amazing vids

i can't believe stab didn't know about screw attack rest

that trick is soo 2002.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i played a ton of melee today with MYL

and i learned how to patiently wait for the bomb dair opportunity, and especially how to zone marth in general.

i also learned how to rush characters that are supposedly "faster" than me like falcon/fox

falco and sheik are still very annoying. imo ylink's worst matchups, but i don't really care about sheik since ic's ***** her.

as for falco... best character in the game. -_-

i played a ton of melee today with MYL

and i learned how to patiently wait for the bomb dair opportunity, and especially how to zone marth in general.

i also learned how to rush characters that are supposedly "faster" than me like falcon/fox

falco and sheik are still very annoying. imo ylink's worst matchups, but i don't really care about sheik since ic's ***** her.

as for falco... best character in the game. -_-
Falco destroys melee, too consistent, too good. Taunting gyarados destroys sheik man

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fox is the best character in the game IMO

however i think falco has the best all around matchups, in a mental-human way

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL

ganon is pretty good

limited but has a lot of great tools. been practicing my bizz-inspired ganon with wavelands and good spacing choices

i've been expanding myself into using characters that i have to be more patient with

samus, puff

i realized the proper way to play mewtwo as well. hes freakin slow LOL

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ganon *****... but i can't imagine how annoying it would be to main ganon in a sea of falcos.

fox is the best character in the game IMO

however i think falco has the best all around matchups, in a mental-human way
No he's not, he doesn't have tournament results to back up being the top character anymore (for the last two years? I don't know).

I can't stand playing against or with samus. I just don't like the crouch canceling game

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i don't think about tournament results when considering who is the best character in the game

because that is looking in the past, even if it is the recent past

i also think mango at g2 clearly showed fox's power

i don't think about tournament results when considering who is the best character in the game

because that is looking in the past, even if it is the recent past

i also think mango at g2 clearly showed fox's power
You have to not only look at the top results but the overall tournament and how fox players move up (or not). Mango is pretty good with any character to be honest. Tournament results are not everything but they're pretty good indicators of what works in the current meta and what doesn't after you remove the outstanding players like mango (plays so many characters and he still tops).

I guess it doesn't really matter if he is top or not anyways. Fox is still one of the best characters and that's all that matters. Melee's pretty diverse and the mechanical difficulty leaves it up to the player more than the character

I need to look at the UCMerced thread. I need to play melee more than once a couple months :(
Hope I can go to the UCMerced tournament at least

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it's true that tournament results reflect that, but right now at the top of melee there is still enough character diversity and character LOYALTY and personal matchup knowledge which will throw people off. for example, hbox shroomed and axe to a degree.. they all have potential to win or place high at majors.

and mango isn't pretty good with any character, he mains fox/falco/falcon and teams puff. the other characters he pulls out are for grudge/pride matches or messing around.

and yeah, these are players i'm talking about

but when i think of pure characters, i still think fox is the best. his properties are just so good.

Top Bottom