• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
ya u guys are def better than "fta's golden days"

anyways what golden days do you speak of ? lol

we are still golden :D except the skill balance in FTA shifted from darkmike/vince, to like DP and me basically =p

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
i was referring to the time when you guys ***** in nor-cal tournament. I wished that we ***** nor-cal as hard as you guys did during the fta's golden days.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
You ain't going to genesis andre? Sh********t, well thanks for lettin' me know. I guess I've gotta book a room then.

Btw, keith if you are planning on entering there's only 10 days left to register

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
i remember the fta golden days, i held FTA in almost as high a regard as DBR and deep norcal. at one point i remember jr saying something about being spiritually in fta because i played more than and hung out with them more than one or two of their actual members.... simply put, i was glowing that day =3

and nick, as long as someone is driving, i think i already have work off so as long as someone is driving and i'm guaranteed to have a ride, i'll enter in the next couple days.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
sleep for 2 hours.
work for 8 hours.
stay up for 9 more hours.
start watching nightmare on elmstreet at 2am.

gotta love it.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i remember the fta golden days, i held FTA in almost as high a regard as DBR and deep norcal. at one point i remember jr saying something about being spiritually in fta because i played more than and hung out with them more than one or two of their actual members.... simply put, i was glowing that day =3
almost held us as high regard as deep norcal? lol i'm kind of insulted. I don't think FTA has ever lost a crew battle to Deep Norcal... and the good members of FTA had winning records vs their entire crew i'm pretty sure. =/

but to put us on the same league as DBR, lol....

pretty sure DBR was way out of our league for a long time. Even when we would go even with bob$,zel, and germ, we'd still get our ***** ripped hard by theking and DSF >_< not including silentspectre of course because he will always be part of the baysians, and not DBR imo.

and yeah keith you will always be part of FTA lol, you basically ARE fta, the other members of FTA always introduce new random *** members, so i feel like its in my power to induct you into FTA haha i hang out with you more than i hang out with any fta member anyways =p

i remember we took a tight *** group picture at some random fastfood joint in frisco? with you in it, on you or vincents phone or something... i wonder what happened to that pic, cus it was really cool

oh man i wish we still had crew battles in norcal hahaha

Edit:: also idk if i'm going to genesis either, still haven't registered and i'm damn broke >_< train ticket is expensive, let alone the entry fee (although if i went to genesis i probably wouldn't enter anyways)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
almost held us as high regard as deep norcal? lol i'm kind of insulted. I don't think FTA has ever lost a crew battle to Deep Norcal... and the good members of FTA had winning records vs their entire crew i'm pretty sure. =/

but to put us on the same league as DBR, lol....

pretty sure DBR was way out of our league for a long time. Even when we would go even with bob$,zel, and germ, we'd still get our ***** ripped hard by theking and DSF >_< not including silentspectre of course because he will always be part of the baysians, and not DBR imo.

and yeah keith you will always be part of FTA lol, you basically ARE fta, the other members of FTA always introduce new random *** members, so i feel like its in my power to induct you into FTA haha i hang out with you more than i hang out with any fta member anyways =p

i remember we took a tight *** group picture at some random fastfood joint in frisco? with you in it, on you or vincents phone or something... i wonder what happened to that pic, cus it was really cool

oh man i wish we still had crew battles in norcal hahaha

Edit:: also idk if i'm going to genesis either, still haven't registered and i'm damn broke >_< train ticket is expensive, let alone the entry fee (although if i went to genesis i probably wouldn't enter anyways)
wtf youre not going to genesis anymore? slash coming back to norcal again? damn i haz a sad. and yeah i have that picture somewhere on my phone, although i think it was just a picture at the taco bell in modesto by jaimes house.... i could be wrong. let me look for it a bit and i'll post it somewhere.

and the thing about deep norcal... i just remember them and dbr coming to a TGE and like the top 5 ended up being king germ bob money foxroar and shadowBTZO, with king and shadowBTZO doing puff dittos? not sure lol. i dont remember having many memories or info about them otherwise lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
king and foxroar did puff ditto finals at that tournament. funny because one of the previous tournaments was kev$ vs meep luigi dittos. (they both did a luigi ladder recovery LOL.)

if it was 2008 or whatever when i was really into it, i would've put my heart and soul into making money to go to genesis. i just think my fire is not burning as strongly this time around. i almost want to go just to spectate but... idk. school is really important right now and i have summer classes, i don't wanna miss any days.

MacD

Banned via Administration
even if you don't come to enter, you know you'll have a blast if you come for just sat and sunday

at the very least sunday if you can cause i know you don't wanna miss grand finals if they are anything like they have been at these past few tournies

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm yeah. can i do that? i dont have money to prereg but can i pay spectator fee at the door? i know i have to miss friday

MasterShake

Smash Lord
If my life works out by the end of august, I might be making around 4K a month.

I wouldn't mind giving back some to the modesto/smash community once I start rolling in the dough.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
For future reference, GK∞, elongating a profanity like that does count as a censor dodge, so be wary of that in the future.
Sorry Fly :c

Hmm, well I'm not entering Genesis though I do want to at least see the finals :(

Maybe if I can catch a ride with the noob crew if they decide to go see the finals
The noob crew is definitely not gonna go. Su and preet gave up smash years ago, kaushik's in socal, and spense just isn't that interested.

and nick, as long as someone is driving, i think i already have work off so as long as someone is driving and i'm guaranteed to have a ride, i'll enter in the next couple days.
I'm thinking we should just get a room with other people at this point. I don't have the money to pay for 50% of it on my own

hm. i can pay $10 spectator fee for sat and sun. i hope the $10 is worth both days though loll.
IT IS. DO IT

If my life works out by the end of august, I might be making around 4K a month.
Like a boss

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ok. i am most likely spectating for sat and sun then. since i can't make friday, i cannot enter the tournament.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
for some reason, i thought all you derp slurpers were gonna get into smash again for genesis 2.

choknater is not entering?
kfc is not entering?
i'm glad i'm not going.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
well i'm on a mission right now.

i just got a new car, so i'm making plans to travel all over socal and go on a smash journey to get really ****ing good.

if i'm considered to make it onto the WC crewbattles, then i'll put every ounce of my effort into going to genesis 2... but if not, meh its too much of an effort lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
jr, we don't need to go to genesis to meet each other some day in grand finals of an international, right? hehe :p

(tho melee might be dead by then LOL)

that is a freakin godlike belt

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
KEITH, if you haven't paid for your genesis 2 entry fee yet I've been thinking about not going on friday. I'm not entering so there isn't much point to go on friday besides playing a ton of friendlies. It would save us money on the hotel room and food expenses for a day which is the main reason i'm suggesting this (i'm really low on cash).

That would mean that you wouldn't be able to enter singles though, and if it's something that you really wanna do (or just already paid for) then I'm fine with going friday morning. I think it's around $50 just for singles + venue fee if you didn't know though, so that is a ****load of money.

We're gonna have to find other smashers to share a room with either way. Lemme know what you think

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm down to just go then, saving money is always nice. Just let me know when/what the plans are

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Well if Andre is going saturday-sunday we all could still get a hotel room and actually be able to sleep saturday night. If andre's got other plans though I'll find a room we can stay at I guess

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm down to stay the night with u guys on saturday. ramada is full i believe, according to boback. we still got this though

Top Bottom