• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

that was my thought exactly, "yes, 5000 back on medication!!!!" lol

and i did a secure one at my bank for 500 at first

idk if you have that much, but you could maybe try doing like 250 or something, but def get your credit going

/my mom's an accountant lol
I have around $500 right now, but I will wait until I have some more. I don't want to choke myself either because I kind of need the money to make money right now. But yeah I need like $300 to get one of those cards. Maybe I can ask my parents to give me that amount to deposit.

thanks for the input, i'll definitely try one of the private dermatologists and hopefully get accutane

UC Merced is too new =/
I heard accutane should be more of a last resort thing because some people get some pretty bad side affects or they're allergic to one of the compounds. Well one of my friends thinks she got Crohn's disease from it, as other people have have also said something like that. I don't know, but it's worth reading up anyways

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
thanks for the warning, most of the side effects include gastrointestinal related diseases and depression...

but i got both of those things covered. the only thing i'm worried about is liver damage/disease cuz i'm asian

MacD

Banned via Administration
thanks for the warning, most of the side effects include gastrointestinal related diseases and depression...

but i got both of those things covered. the only thing i'm worried about is liver damage/disease cuz i'm asian
yea, my derm was always like "wow, your everything is perfect, you're body is doing fine, nothing to worry about at all"

my parents saw those ads or something though and freak out making sure i'm done, idk what side effects they heard, but they are bad apparently

the only sucky lasting side effect is the dry lips for me, my skin sorta dried out i guess, but i never had to worry about lotion or using lots of moisturizers, so maybe i'm just a lucky case when it comes to that

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lol not really imo...

as far as i've seen, the new mvc is nothing too spectacular. it won't last too long.

edit: what makes you say this kirbyraeg?
I don't mean mvc is going to literally be the new melee, i just mean nobody in modesto REALLY plays melee much anymore, so mvc is modesto's new melee. :p

Of all the posts i make i didn't think this one would be taken seriously

Miztik

Smash Master
i forgot about this place. and from the looks of it you all are still gay!

back to not remembering about this site

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Seriously though, mvc3 really is the new smash as far as our crew's concerned (the Legito/Noob crews). After one day of playing mvc3 melee has become far less appealing LOL. I'm still definitely down to play smash though.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
lol, it's weird for us merced people. most of us, including myself, got sick of mvc3 after 3 days of playing. i think GKL is still playing it though. others haven't even tried it because they stay away from mvc games.

for me, new games just aren't as fun anymore =/. i'd rather play donkey kong country co-op right now with maru/mga2... brb

edit: JR, the only solution is to play sc1 again lol

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
I think a week or so adaias, I feel so empty without a gsl every single night haha.

Btw jr why were you playing silver leaguers?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
because i had a gigantic losing streak that was making me play platinums, lost to those, then gold, lost to those, then silvers. lost to those. today isn't my day haha.

my skills in sc2 are heavily based on off or on days :(

like that day where i lost like 15 platinum matches in a row, then the next day i proceeded to beat 3k diamond players for like 20 matches straight and got promoted to diamond.

but this is my worst off day by far.... maybe i just need to keep on playing so i become more consistent? i keep letting my emotions get to me, i'll lose one match and then it just spirals out of control until i play like a complete noob, similar to how you get in smash lol

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
lol, it's weird for us merced people. most of us, including myself, got sick of mvc3 after 3 days of playing. i think GKL is still playing it though. others haven't even tried it because they stay away from mvc games.

for me, new games just aren't as fun anymore =/. i'd rather play donkey kong country co-op right now with maru/mga2... brb
I totally know how you feel. I haven't really wanted to play any new games in the last few years. Nothing's been that appealing to me. I guess I'm just moving away from wanting to play video games at all anymore. SC2 is fun and I definitely enjoy playing it on occasion, but it requires so much focus and multitasking that I'm usually just not up for it lol. I view mvc3 in the same way. If I owned it I would play more often and although i wouldn't really try to get good i'd at least try to be decent. As it is I guess i'll just play sc2 and mvc3 whenever other people in the area/ wanna play online. Melee is just nice because I don't really have to think about it anymore, I just go on autopilot most of the time.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
melee is still da ROOTZ and the long history of skill will make us all try hard

but yeah

mahvel baybee all dai

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
this breaks my heart. i want to like other games the way i liked melee, but i can't force it.
melee will live on forever in my heart, but unfortunately that's it.

it's a good thing i have something else to keep me entertained...
PUUUUUUBES!!!!

so I've started watching SCBW VODs again...heh sc2 is still way behind in terms of entertaining play. I just don't get bored of seeing flash, fantasy, JD, Bisu, etc playing.

Really bored of SC2 right now. Same builds and anticlimatic games in GSL for like 3rd time. I mean I am actually finding amusement in foxer's play because no one else really bothers to try some risky quick plays. As Keith knows, I don't really like Foxer a whole lot. Macro builds are boss, but I'd like to see some more drop play too. I thought SC2 would play out a whole lot more like BW after the new GSL maps were introduced...

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Yeah I don't think it's an issue of possibility or capability, just that the metagame is still a babeski. Gotta feed nourish and care and love for it so it can grow up to be a big strong boy (and awesome as feck)

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
can't expect super amazing play from a relatively new game. theres so many possibilities that haven't even been touched yet!

i saw a legit high level carrier build on tl.net the other day, backed up with replays vs master league opponents. was cool.

can't expect super amazing play from a relatively new game. theres so many possibilities that haven't even been touched yet!

i saw a legit high level carrier build on tl.net the other day, backed up with replays vs master league opponents. was cool.
Yeah there's still a lot to go. But I mean drops and what not are already developed strategies that are not used enough.

Aren't carriers garbage? They are pretty beast once they have 3-3 upgrades...but that's a HUGE investment and it takes forever to pay out sadly. Also the fact that carriers take 2 minutes to build sucks too. They are weaker than their SC1 counterparts and carriers weren't that popular either back then. Fun to see different stuff working.

SC2 doesn't have a hydra speed upgrade right? I wonder how the game would change with something like that. I want old hydras back :(

Mass hydra with support vs. terran mech...man that is too fun

The "When Cheese Fails" series is too good

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
OMFG this whitera vs mc game is AMAZING

first time ive ever thought highly of a pvp

edit: whitera vs mc game is ****ing amazing whitera is the sexiest mother ****er on the face of this planet (cept for my baby boo foxer)

edit2:FFFUUUU at that mvp dimaga game, mvp was finally starting to pull ahead at the end. gg blizz and your anti piracy bs. although dimaga has an incredibly infectious smile i am glad the koreans won.

I thought you all might be able to appreciate this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-3ZrXOrz_0
you're like 10 years late with that. We're all watching when cheese fails for SC4

That series is too good though.

So the ladder got reset right? Hmm I am going to sit it out for a while longer since I suspect all the good players are trying to place high right now. I don't want to end up playing placement matches with super solid players and / or even then getting put in a low league and then playing ridiculously good players stuck in the lower leagues atm

Edit: I will just do my placement matches at Keith's house one of these days. Don't have to suffer with lag spikes / play short games

Top Bottom