• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
dude... if i got molested by a 14 year old girl, and i could prove it or had multiple witnesses, i'd be a happy camper. i'd make a huge deal out of it to get as much coverage from the press/media as i could. before all my court dates, i'd be sure to grow a huge pedo beard. i'd wear aviator sunglasses and a trench coat. i would drive an old white van with no windows.

after the trial was over and i won, i would publicly state that i don't judge all 14 year old kids from this experience and any 14 kid who wants to be friends, can come over my house any time. then i'd go on to proclaim that i have a nintendo wii and a huge freezer filled with ice cream.

tl;dr: i'm awesome.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
dude... if i got molested by a 14 year old girl, and i could prove it or had multiple witnesses, i'd be a happy camper. i'd make a huge deal out of it to get as much coverage from the press/media as i could. before all my court dates, i'd be sure to grow a huge pedo beard. i'd wear aviator sunglasses and a trench coat. i would drive an old white van with no windows.

after the trial was over and i won, i would publicly state that i don't judge all 14 year old kids from this experience and any 14 kid who wants to be friends, can come over my house any time. then i'd go on to proclaim that i have a nintendo wii and a huge freezer filled with ice cream.

post of the day

That would work if you were female. In all seriousness guys never win those types of cases :)

Yeah we need some project M here

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Woot grand finals tonight, I really am curious yo see if july's crazy aggressiveness is enough to overcome mc's precision builds and playstyle.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
tourney tomorrow? if nick wants to go i'll pitch in a bit for gas lol as long as its not TOOOO early aka before like 10. im down to hang out and smash bizz sometime too.

Well Zerg gets auto ***** again as expected, but MC is good so I guess that a fair enough result. I'm glad JulyZerg at least didn't lose to auto win FE -> Air with his quick hydra drop. Nexus fake outs are really interesting and good due to warp in mechanics. Nice twist to 4gate rushes. Though it really makes me wonder how powerful those options are against zerg who plays on reaction. It doesn't hurt 4gate too much. Metagame tactics ah

I wanted some more climatic battles oh well another disappointing GSL final

I just knew it. Zerg gets ***** even with the new maps. New maps -> air builds for protoss.

I don't know what to think about force fields now. I want to say that being able to FF a ramp without vision is broken. Hm, I don't really know what I want to say about these finals. I feel like julyzerg didn't really make any glaring mistakes, it was beyond his control :(

I'm okay with MC winning, but I would have liked a 4-3 finals or at least the same result with much closer battles

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
yeah we can ***** and complain about how broken toss is, and they may be to an extent.... but mc is just too precise with his builds and micro.

i for one am hoping to see foxer bunker rush mc's sorry *** next season. <3

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
if you look up strategies online, like in liquipedia or w/e, go under the protoss section and look at "vs zerg"

you'll find a bunch of options for toss to do after zerg fast expands.

july kept on fast expanding.. he's approaching the matchup all wrong imo

july needs to make early roaches, and make the sentrys expend their energy in the super early game.

from my personal experience, 1 base fast roach is extremely stong vs protoss.. bring in an overlord to get high ground vision, keep it on the bottom of the ramp out of range of stalkers (protoss will definately get stalkers if being attacked by early roaches) snipe the blocking zealot, estimate how many stalkers/zealots he has, then its gg. you can literally contain a protoss if you do this strategy

if you look up strategies online, like in liquipedia or w/e, go under the protoss section and look at "vs zerg"

you'll find a bunch of options for toss to do after zerg fast expands.

july kept on fast expanding.. he's approaching the matchup all wrong imo

july needs to make early roaches, and make the sentrys expend their energy in the super early game.

1 base play is extremely strong vs protoss... as zerg

from my personal experience, 1 base fast roach is extremely stong vs protoss.. bring in an overlord to get high ground vision, keep it on the bottom of the ramp out of range of stalkers (protoss will definately get stalkers if being attacked by early roaches) snipe the blocking zealot, estimate how many stalkers/zealots he has, then its gg. you can literally contain a protoss if you do this strategy
Yeah there's that 7 roach rush that really really make protoss cry. Protoss is in no way OP. They go pretty even against Terran. It's an autowin in the blizzard maps unless they know it ahead of time and cannon up (lol as if but it will happen if they know you can only one base roach rush)

MC outclassing everyone...hmm

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Dude.

1 base blink stalker vs zerg is extremely broken.

go check out my recent wins in my sc2 account, i've been abusing the strategy and all of those wins vs zerg came from 1 base blink stalker >_>

it has some weaknesses though. If it fails, it's pretty hard to transition out of... and it is very susceptible to early timing attacks.

also it requires immaculate micro if you're faced against a zergling + roach army... gotta hug the walls so zerglings cant surround you.

if anybody wants replays of this super broken strategy, i have one vs a rank 5 diamond where I pulled the win pretty easily. its THAT broken!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk this thread can be very disappointing at times.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
hey man im proud of what i accomplished, it took me a long time!

but my learning curve got a lot better

imo diamond players are really freaking good, masters are just... what you would call "masters" of the game

grand masters are just a giant step above

and then theres korean bronze league which is like >>>>>> all of NA haha

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
gratskies again jr.... now youre starting to get into the big boy leagues. make us proud xD i expect to see you at gsl no later than season 8

hey man im proud of what i accomplished, it took me a long time!

but my learning curve got a lot better

imo diamond players are really freaking good, masters are just... what you would call "masters" of the game

grand masters are just a giant step above

and then theres korean bronze league which is like >>>>>> all of NA haha
haha yeah. Well at diamond I imagine people know how to counter things well and have a decent grasp at the mechanics of the game. But Masters are decision making wizards and have that extra micro power from what I've seen in games. GM = pretty much the more well known players around + teamliquid constant posters and what not.

nah korean bronze league isn't that harsh. We have American players who play on the korean servers too and they do just fine in diamond (I haven't checked lately about this)

I would imagine bronze in korea would be something like gold in NA? I don't know, just making stuff up here

Sometimes I see some mediocre diamond players though...are they in diamond just because they can execute one build well or what?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
yeah theres some pretty crappy diamond players, i played a bunch of them in league on my way to diamond.

protoss who think they can get away with expanding, terrans who tried to marine scv all-in me, *forcefields ftw*

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Dang, i got bogged down with HW this weekend and it was my mom's bday today so I ended up being pretty busy. I definitely wanna try to do something this week though. I'm free wednesday and friday so hopefully something works out.

I haven't really played at all andre but I'm gonna beat your *** in melee when we play rofl

/wishful thinking

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha

we'll see man

i havent played melee in a while actually

been playing pokemon and marvels 2 and 3

i think though

this is that kind of break where a player comes back better.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think you're right about that being the best choice, but it wouldn't be fun to go straight to dittos.
maybe i'd try fox's nair or falcon's uair or something... hmm...

fox bair beats half of the characters when they have all their moves. haha

nick's zelda would be pretty good in single move melee.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm.... he would hahah. he'd have to choose between bair and fair though, and it should be pretty easy to exploit the weaknesses of each. bair = have to face away and can't really approach. fair = slower.

falcon's nair and marth's fair would both be quite good as well.

Top Bottom