• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
loooooool andre hahaha

and i'll be busy moving into a new apartment, since july is the month that i'm gonna move again

and i'm not sure if i'll have enough money to go... gotta pay monthly rents and stuff :(

but if i do go, can i room with one of you guys!?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm assuming the modesto smash (and honorary modesto smash) players will all share a room

KENNY YOU SHOULD SAVE UP MONEY AND TELEPORT OVER FOR GEN2

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Yeah I'm assuming the modesto smash (and honorary modesto smash) players will all share a room

KENNY YOU SHOULD SAVE UP MONEY AND TELEPORT OVER FOR GEN2
hmm.... i'll have to talk this over with my consultants, but this is very possible.
i can use that as my goal for going to cali on my way to oregon.
not sure of anything yet, but how much would i need to have dedicated to this specific couple of days?
yah kenny ill make u complain by beating spacies with young link
first of all, your ylink canNOT beat my fox
because i forgot to feed him so he died out of neglect..

secondly, if i ever touch that game again, it'll likely be as peach because she's my home row. always keep my fingers on her.

thirdly, turdly.

a lot of people have already probably seen this being it's HD, but wow what an epic ending to a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wjSMg1mZj4&feature=feedu
The third game was...WOW

I rarely see zergs win base trades because...well terran can lift buildings simple as that lol. That bling minetrap....oh wow so CLOSE

The last building for the zerg was pretty much one second away from being destroyed. How did the terran not kill the spire? I mean if you have a free shot you usually go spire -> pool -> hatch -> other stuff. Oh well small blunder by the terran and I wouldn't blame him seeing how far he was ahead

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
The third game was...WOW

I rarely see zergs win base trades because...well terran can lift buildings simple as that lol. That bling minetrap....oh wow so CLOSE

The last building for the zerg was pretty much one second away from being destroyed. How did the terran not kill the spire? I mean if you have a free shot you usually go spire -> pool -> hatch -> other stuff. Oh well small blunder by the terran and I wouldn't blame him seeing how far he was ahead
because that spire was hidden away from teh rest of his structures and he didnt see it until the zerg started being revealed lol.

also, i rarely see terrans win base trades against zergs, because by the time a base trade scenario comes around they have mutas and mutas just run around looking for stray units/buildings and pick them off, while the terran is stuck running around the map with their heads cut off lol.

Shroomed

Smash Master
andre you're never quitting smash cuz there's 1 goal you'll never be able to achieve

my goal was top 10 at a national and 9th at P5 was pretty good

now i want top 5 tho, before i can quit lol

because that spire was hidden away from teh rest of his structures and he didnt see it until the zerg started being revealed lol.

also, i rarely see terrans win base trades against zergs, because by the time a base trade scenario comes around they have mutas and mutas just run around looking for stray units/buildings and pick them off, while the terran is stuck running around the map with their heads cut off lol.
I guess you are right about the part with mutas. Yeah the terran also didn't really take into account the gold expansion for a while. I would have thought the spire would be visible though with all those marines in there, maybe they went in as a limbo line and missed it that way. I don't know I didn't see. I almost remember seeing some drop ship see the spire though.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
two takes on the same match? lol

well, julyzerg has a habit of making stuff work only for him

we'll see a couple other pros try to play like him and fail miserably

p.s. I can always count on MODESTO BALLS to be active late into the night (kinda)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
spoil it for me plz lol

i kinda want to hear about what happened but don't have time to watch the game right now XD

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
julyzerg was up 2-0 against nada, and then nada scrapes up 2 wins to tie it up. then july zerg rips him apart with giant unstoppable muta ball at the end.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
lol yeah, or check that justin tv link that has all gsl sets uploaded to it nightly, ask jr for the link because i reformatted my pc and only have my bookmarks saved to a firefox file and havent re imported it to chrome.

wow julyzerg does the most retarted strategies ever lol
It's pretty funny how he makes anything work though and his micro is pretty good. But yeah there was some dumb stuff. He really has a hard time dealing with late game doesn't he? I'm surprised Nada didn't just build all his buildings on his ramp every single time. He did usually put multiple barracks, but he needed that second layer when he was absolutely sure Julyzerg was going to be super aggressive (and dumb?) with his busts.

Julyzerg makes me wonder though about the usefulness of zerglings. They seem to last so long and do so much damage under him even though they are nerfed in comparison to their old BW counterpart. Also he prefers not to drone up and rely on throwing his money away by constantly rebuilding his army in the lategame which is also interesting. BW style play

I think I've been listening to BW commentaries since 07? I didn't even have a clue about SC, but it was pretty fun. I remember that the first game I looked at was bisu versus jaedong. That was great

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
all i gotta say is that julyzerg is tied for my #1 spot of most entertaining zerg players, with kyrixzenith right there next to him <3 even though july plays hella dumb LOL, well i don't mean dumb in a bad way... he is amazing

i've only ever recently got into sc1 pro games in like late 2010, but i gotta say that most of the close games involving flash/bisu/jaedong are far beyond the amazingness and excitement and INSANE ASDHGOYGASODs'ness that i've seen from any sc2 game so far lol. can't wait to see them play sc2 and immediately take the "best zerg/protoss/terran" player throne

all i gotta say is that julyzerg is tied for my #1 spot of most entertaining zerg players, with kyrixzenith right there next to him <3 even though july plays hella dumb LOL, well i don't mean dumb in a bad way... he is amazing

i've only ever recently got into sc1 pro games in like late 2010, but i gotta say that most of the close games involving flash/bisu/jaedong are far beyond the amazingness and excitement and INSANE ASDHGOYGASODs'ness that i've seen from any sc2 game so far lol. can't wait to see them play sc2 and immediately take the "best zerg/protoss/terran" player throne
Maybe once they make more viable builds and openings for all the races. I mean they barely recently opened up more air openings for protoss that are not "cheese" / rush builds which is pretty good for the game.

Yeah there is no clearcut winner right now, but that's okay

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i've hella been experimenting with tons of air builds with protoss, actually the fact that i've been incorporating stargate tech into my builds is the main reason why i bumped up from gold to platinum!

right now im working on how to get to diamond, i pretty much only lose when my macro fails, so i think its just a multitasking issue for me... not forgetting to reinforce my army, or expand, and not get supply blocked and basic stuff like that.

i've been going into the terran/zerg/protoss chatrooms and been practicing against diamond players, so thats helping a lot! they give me a ton of good pointers

i've hella been experimenting with tons of air builds with protoss, actually the fact that i've been incorporating stargate tech into my builds is the main reason why i bumped up from gold to platinum!

right now im working on how to get to diamond, i pretty much only lose when my macro fails, so i think its just a multitasking issue for me... not forgetting to reinforce my army, or expand, and not get supply blocked and basic stuff like that.

i've been going into the terran/zerg/protoss chatrooms and been practicing against diamond players, so thats helping a lot! they give me a ton of good pointers
Yeah it seems like good macro = auto diamond. Obviously the difference between a low diamond and a high diamond is very very large like a bronze is to a low diamond player. So it's not like "oh everyone says good macro gets you into diamond easily, but that's not true."

I heard getting out of low diamond is really hard though. That's where all those timings and smart decisions come into place.

Got any replays for me to watch Jr?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
replays like what?

replays of mine? i could show you some of those. do you wanna see some of my showcase matcheS? (basically matches where i beat diamond players, i don't save the rest unless they're really close or i successfully pull off a new build i've been working on)

i might have a few good ones where i lose vs some zerg players.(or i can just tell you how zerg players beat me)

also i tried zerg the other day... zerg is too difficult to me. a big flaw in my zerg play is not knowing the tech tree, and not knowing the hotkeys =X basically learning how to play the entire game all over again. and how the hell is zerg supposed to scout vs a turtling terran? you literally don't know what build they're going until they attack you

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Prolly depends on how they're turtling. If you mean by walled off and in their base, then the best option you have is baneling bust or knocking on the front door (supply depots) by abusing roaches. Any Terran that isn't one base all inning can't stay in their base forever and speedlings are probably the best scouting units in the game

Top Bottom