• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

DoubleBass

Smash Cadet
Hey is anybody here from Stockton? I just got accepted into the University of the Pacific Predental program so that's probably where I'm going to be next year. There's no Stockton thread :( so I don't want to be smashless. I'm coming from the 949 area which is like crowded with smashers. I haven't been playing for too long so I'm not that good though lol

yeah KFC is the man. SC2 is the game right now though :(

Glad to see someone moved into the area for once

Plank ****ed up. He should eventually pay back the winners at least some considerable amount later on. I understand he HAD to pay up front to avoid bigger charges later on, but still...he could pay them back in some way.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Plank used Pound.

Pound failed.

Community used ****storm.

it isn't very effective.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Hey is anybody here from Stockton? I just got accepted into the University of the Pacific Predental program so that's probably where I'm going to be next year. There's no Stockton thread :( so I don't want to be smashless. I'm coming from the 949 area which is like crowded with smashers. I haven't been playing for too long so I'm not that good though lol
lol what's UP dude i've only seen once?

stockton is pretty barren now, so far i've heard, but kfc knows people. lol.

Plank used Pound.

Pound failed.

it isn't very effective.
Made me think of seeing some jigglypuff hitting onix with pound haha. Then onix proceeds to use harden over and over like they do in the game.

Also yeah Jr, I'd like to see some replays even if they're just your showmatch replays. I enjoy watching people play sc2 more than I actually like playing it. But then again I don't really get to play in the first place LOL

DoubleBass

Smash Cadet
if you want, i could connect you with a bunch of stockton smashers. PM me
Well it's probably alright for now. I won't be going there until this next school year anyways. Thanks a lot though!

Plank used Pound.

Pound failed.

it isn't very effective.
LOL. I feel bad for Plank but I also feel bad for the people who won. I kind of feel bad for everybody.

lol what's UP dude i've only seen once?

stockton is pretty barren now, so far i've heard, but kfc knows people. lol.
Oh hey whats up lol. Are you from modesto and go to UCI or something? small smash world.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Plank used Pound.

Pound failed.

it isn't very effective.
LOOOOOL, idk why but that made me laugh really hard

speaking of small smash world :p

DoubleBass

Smash Cadet
Damn MacD is from around here too? I think I'm more excited now than I was when I found out I got accepted.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i never ever ever go home (unless i have to, if do, it's as short as possible)

and i lived about 45 min-an hour from stockton

yeeee?

stockton smashers too good though

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
yeee.

you know you're good when you came from modesto (and the no-name areas around it, like turlock, and ripon)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I think it's about 45 minutes from sac to stockton (just a guess though lol)

I should go visit friends at UOP and stop by and smash with you sometime DoubleBass

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think it's less than 45 minutes, depending on where in sac you're going.

i also think my balls are fuuckin' HUUUUUGE

DoubleBass

Smash Cadet
I think it's about 45 minutes from sac to stockton (just a guess though lol)

I should go visit friends at UOP and stop by and smash with you sometime DoubleBass
lol cool. Except I won't be there til like next school year lol...

I am pretty hyped for getting out of Socal. High school sucks now.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
speaking of youtube matches...

i'm spamming comments on the PP/armada Pound 5 video.
well not spamming like park... but yeah. that video is amazing!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it's very easy i think. you just have to capitalize on the fact that her best movement is horizontal-diagonal, and aerial. meaning her ground game is limited to her mediocre grab/jab/dtilt. so she is forced to jump and aerial. even if her sh aerial spacing is godlike, there are tons of openings that people fail to see/capitalize.

of course, even if they are noticed, they are still hard to punish. a good way to prevent these situations is by being out of her sh-aerial-fadeaway range. this can be done with lots of characters, especially those with projectiles. projectiles eat jigglypuff for breakfast.

the matchup is incredibly stressful for non projectile characters like falcon, ganon, sheik, and to a degree fox. however, those characters still have the speed and/or spacing tools to beat puff. IMO, pretty much every character has tools to beat puff, but it takes so many good consistent spacing decisions. she is a slow to medium speed character who happens to punish extremely hard. good DI helps stop her combos as well. i'm glad the 2011 metagame is getting over jigglypuff

in order to beat puff you really need to think in terms of zoning. if you have good zoning skills you'd probably be good at marvel as well, hahah!

Kira-

Smash Champion
dude

made that money at 6:30 this morning

had nothing to do for the rest of the day

watched NCAA

ordered breakfast for the office

slammed my head against the wall for 20 minutes

what else is there to do

OH BABY IT'S 11:30 I AM OUT OF HERE

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
so i had a kinda serious problem

i almost passed out at the dining commons for reasons i still don't really know, but after i managed to stumble across to get a drink i started feeling a lot better

Top Bottom