• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i thought science and social studies would be my worst subjects.

with no sleep, and no preparation, i scored a perfect 800 on both of them.

i'm watching them too!

Julyzerg's playstyle reminds me of my friend. he'll stick with a strategy that isn't neccessarily good, but he'll just fully commit to his strategy and for some reason it works for him.
The thing is that july zerg's micro is...incomparable. If he goes for an all out zergling rush in the beginning, you can expect him to make every one count. He's a really smart player as well. I mean some of his builds are "bad" as in suboptimal all-ins if say even one baneling doesn't make it it to its target, but he manages to get it to work very well

I wish jinro would have made it farther, but he got too greedy in game two with a fast expand...and the other guy blindly 4gated on a big map heh. Realistically 3 gate is just as good as 4 gate with solid macro, since there is no way to continually produce units off one base with 4gate though. Glad to see some nice air openings from protoss players now.

Also I was very unhappy with the way MKP played even though it's "playing to win." He waited until he was literally at 4 supply before he gave up. He was getting ***** hard, but he kept trying to turtle -> cute little drop ship play that got put down. Kind of don't like that playing until the very last second style. I mean there have been multiple games where he has deliberately forced "stalemate" play. Boring long games :(

I like his solid mech play though, made me think of brood war

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
really?

theres no way you can continually produce units off 4 gates?

maybe thats the case cus you eventually have to build pylons so you don't get supply blocked, then you'll have 100 less minerals to use on gateway units, rendering one of your gateways unusable for a short period of time. but that all depends on if you make the pylon at near-supply blocked supply, or making the pylon like 6-8 supply before you get supply blocked? it all depends on how you're doing with putting pressure on the opponent. you can usually just make a forward pylon and it'll serve as the proxy and normal pylon usage (making pylons for supply)

but i'm pretty sure if you diversify your gateway units... zealots/stalkers/sentries, then you'll manage your resources correctly. spending gas on sentries when you have little minerals and alot of gas, and stalkers when you have little gas and lotsa minerals, and zealots when you have minerals but no gas, etc.

2/3 gateway transitions are like the best build basically though.

4 gating sucks ****, i hate doing it. sucks that my once favorite matchup, (PVP) has basically been reduced to who can execute 4gate properly. my defensive 4 gate always wins :D i gotta keep the scouting probe alive though, to see if they try to contain me and expand. if they mess up ONCE though, i can force field my ramp and kill off some of their units, and then i can push out.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Haha man I've seem a couple 4gate vs 4gate matches that have drawn on so long just as long as no one slips up on keepin their warp gates on cooldown as well as microing their units correctly. Such a nitty gritty matchup for reals lulz

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i unknowingly dropped my phone at a community college during peak hours and i found it 3 hours later.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hey Keith, how do you know Suzy? You commented on her picture on facebook so it popped up in my news feed. But yeah, she used to work for the same organization I work for and we had a class together at mjc. She's from escalon though so I find it weird that we would both know her. And what's even stranger to me is that she apparently knows Kim's girlfriend too.

Small world I guess

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
haha yeah, mostly a small world thing. i don't know her too well personally but she's friends with a few people i'm friends with as well, i'd call it a small 209 instead though lol. i probably wouldnt be friends with her if she wasnt hot in a vaguely strange way though lmaozers

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
not a good enough answer choke nader.

so i think one of these days very soon im going to start ladder grinding, this should be fun lol...

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
WOW

killer protoss playstyle is SICK

that pylon proxy pylon harass is how i always thought protoss should be played.. taking massive advantage of the fact that protoss can warp in basically anywhere on the map

keith- i hope this means you can start playing with me again!

lets do 2v2's anytime you feel like warming up for ladder matches :)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
You guys should join in some of the games when my crew plays. And spense should fix his internet problem/get a computer that doesn't lag so he can too :D

And yeah keith, she's pretty hot lol

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
we can just play bw lololololololololololololololololololololloolloolollollllool

also jesus ****ing christ my roommate is pissing me off soooooooooo much

yesterday he sat in bed ALL DAY. playing some game on his phone for 6 hours (well, idk if he did that the entire time or not because he was when I woke up for class at 7:30 and was sitting in the same fetal position on his bed still playing his game when I came back at around 1ish). then computer stuff for the rest of the day. he got out of bed only THREE TIMES. twice to make food in his microwave, and he always eats the same 2 or 3 ****ing things all the time, and once to go to the bathroom right before he went to bed at 11... he's ****ing nuts and i hate him ALWAYS BEING HERE ALL THE DAMN TIME UGH **** **** *** ****S **** GODDAMN MOTHER****ING AOITHAOETIGJFKMV

really?

theres no way you can continually produce units off 4 gates?

maybe thats the case cus you eventually have to build pylons so you don't get supply blocked, then you'll have 100 less minerals to use on gateway units, rendering one of your gateways unusable for a short period of time. but that all depends on if you make the pylon at near-supply blocked supply, or making the pylon like 6-8 supply before you get supply blocked? it all depends on how you're doing with putting pressure on the opponent. you can usually just make a forward pylon and it'll serve as the proxy and normal pylon usage (making pylons for supply)

but i'm pretty sure if you diversify your gateway units... zealots/stalkers/sentries, then you'll manage your resources correctly. spending gas on sentries when you have little minerals and alot of gas, and stalkers when you have little gas and lotsa minerals, and zealots when you have minerals but no gas, etc.

2/3 gateway transitions are like the best build basically though.

4 gating sucks ****, i hate doing it. sucks that my once favorite matchup, (PVP) has basically been reduced to who can execute 4gate properly. my defensive 4 gate always wins :D i gotta keep the scouting probe alive though, to see if they try to contain me and expand. if they mess up ONCE though, i can force field my ramp and kill off some of their units, and then i can push out.
I don't think even with the zealot sentry mix you can always keep producing units. 3 gate BARELY can produce everything and even then you cut it barely if you're still building probes and pylons. 4 gate is just a way to get a quick initial warp in of 4 units, but with perfect macro you won't be able to keep warping in units even if you cut probes and pylons, but no one has perfectly precise warp ins.

Someone uploaded some videos showing a "perfect" 4 gate with just that going on and he was only getting units out of three warp gates. There are a bunch of calculations as well, but yeah 4 gate = you want that initial 4 unit push and an extra gate so you don't get punished as heavily for spending more time on micro because every unit you make from this push is worth its weight in gold.

Yeah 2/3 gate transitions are better. Also yeah...you do kind of need the 4th gateway against someone who goes all in 4gate because...it's cutting it really close with 3gate. 3gate can defend it, but I mean it's not like any of us are high level masters players who can manage that perfectly. And if you did go 3gate (planning to fast expand, but you see them 4gating)...adding the robo bay = you're dead so you might as well add the fourth gate way *sigh* Two gate robo definitely loses to 4gate. Yeah it's really annoying heh

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
we can just play bw lololololololololololololololololololololloolloolollollllool

also jesus ****ing christ my roommate is pissing me off soooooooooo much

yesterday he sat in bed ALL DAY. playing some game on his phone for 6 hours (well, idk if he did that the entire time or not because he was when I woke up for class at 7:30 and was sitting in the same fetal position on his bed still playing his game when I came back at around 1ish). then computer stuff for the rest of the day. he got out of bed only THREE TIMES. twice to make food in his microwave, and he always eats the same 2 or 3 ****ing things all the time, and once to go to the bathroom right before he went to bed at 11... he's ****ing nuts and i hate him ALWAYS BEING HERE ALL THE DAMN TIME UGH **** **** *** ****S **** GODDAMN MOTHER****ING AOITHAOETIGJFKMV
i don't see why that is even slightly annoying.

why does that piss you off?
that's some **** i would do with my life. haha

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
ROFL at my fox doing all that random shiat

I actually tried a little more once I went puff but that wasn't included in the video lol

On a side note, I won this mini contest where I can get anything on steam that's under $10 for free. Any suggestions?

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
uh, tf2, l4d2, maybe borderlands, or hl2/expansions. this is all depending on if they are on sale or under 10 dollars at the time.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
actually there was gsl last night, but there wasn't a countdown.

i also saw it on the schedule but i was confused why there wasnt a schedule, so i chcked every hour and managed to catch a few matches of the gsl last night

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
i know it said scheduled, and i had my gomtv.net page opened all night and refreshed every half hour or so and nothing ever came up, kinda sucks :/ maybe it was way earlier than normal or something

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
oh yeah it started at like 9:30 haha. i fell asleep watching it =X

but the first 3 matches were ****ing intense. sanzenith vs ogsthewind. amazing set!

oh yeah i'm doing homework tonight so idk if i can play sc2, but if i can play tonight i'll definately text you or something, and if not then i'll play tmrw =)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mahvel 3!

man

i think we're really all starting to transition to new games after melee now

i still wanna beat shroomed

but i think if and when i do that, i'll be done with melee LOL.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i pretty much quit melee after i beat SS in a tourney set (he was rusty as **** and had an off day too, also he lost to sfat that day)

but whenever i have a good session with good company (that day with keith and you, andre) i really feel like playing melee and striving to be good at it like the old days

aren't we all tryna go to genesis 2? i'm actually not sure if i can make it out to that :x...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yessir

my goal is to make top 25/17 at genesis 2. 17 might be a long shot for me, depends on my bracket

but it's possible.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
he'll be too busy mindgaming armada

armada will have come to g2 wanting to beat the ultimate master kfc

but jr will be like

nah

Top Bottom