• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
i'm drunk as **** with two friends and i still feel compelled to get online.

lol man... they're about to fight at the drop of a hat even though they're good *** friends. lol

beer muscles? haha idk. so what's up guys?

i've been drinking truth serum so anyone have any questions?
i'll be ridiculously honest.
haha i have plenty of questions but i haz a scared to ask online >_<

uh.... lets see.

hmm, what do you think of my marth, do you think he's too cookie cutter? i think my main problem was that i didnt get enough practice against non spacy's/falcon and thats why i felt so troubled in any other matchup. i think hes gotten a bit better (remember when i tapped your ganon andre? :D) but i still dont get enough practice :(

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
haha i have plenty of questions but i haz a scared to ask online >_<

uh.... lets see.

hmm, what do you think of my marth, do you think he's too cookie cutter? i think my main problem was that i didnt get enough practice against non spacy's/falcon and thats why i felt so troubled in any other matchup. i think hes gotten a bit better (remember when i tapped your ganon andre? :D) but i still dont get enough practice :(
well i'm on facebook (for now) so you can ask me anything personal there.

don't take offense to this, keith.

i think your strong point has always been that you can become the "cookie cutter" so easily.
you had no problem become the stereotypical "good marth" and that sucked for me. lol
you became so good at the "basic" things that it was more difficult than if you were some new marth style that nobody had thought of. i respect that a great deal. i know you wanted to hear that you were the first marth in the world to chain grab or something, but honestly, you just got really good at marth. that's good enough to whoop my ***. lol

that's my fulll answero for now. i'll read it later and see if i actually believe what i said. lololol laterzz

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
reminder to myself to also answer keiths question later

*i know he didnt ask me but i feel like i know his strengths and weaknesses enough to talk about it, plus posting in here makes me feel special!*

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
btw, i got punched in the face last night trying to break up a fight in my driveway.

gotta love the bachelor life.
we use cardboard boxes for all types of furniture.
the dinner table is the floor or your lap.
**** the neighbors. blast dubstep through that subwoofer at 3am.
wake up at 1pm just happy i don't have a headache or a bruise on my face.
begin mentally preparing for next time.
call up the only smasher i know.
FALCON PUNCH!
then watch the fast and the furious
if you're not first, you're last.
gotta love the bachelor life.

edit: sweet ^^^^ that's a poem. lol

Jr's playstyle is definitely efficient. I need his advice. I definitely don't analyze my playstyle enough because I'm focusing on analyzing my opponent to learn from that. Having someone else watch you play especially someone like Jr, really helps.

Anyone want to play melee or sc tomorrow? I have no school tomorrow

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'd be down for smash probably. Just got back from CGC. Biz got 3rd, I got 9th.

@Moe: it was a melee tournament only, sorry

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if i go to cali for a couple of weeks before i go to oregon, we should have a SMASHmoFESTo.

when is summer break as far as your guys' schools are concerned?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
That would be a great plan but modesto has already been almost completely deserted. Not sure if i'll be here in 3 months either, there's a slight possibility i'm moving to sacramento

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
my analysis of your marth:

- has an amazing dashdance, but relys too heavily on it (probably from playing spacies alot)

- a lot of the times you do this full hop fair when im baiting in front of your shield. you do this almost everytime 100% guaranteed and i punish it every time. stop doing that lol. if you feel pressured in your shield when you're near the edge, and i'm full hop pressuring you, don't full hop fair! do something less commited like a short hop uair when i'm falling down (i know this is hard for you cus you dont c-stick), or a wavedash into the center of the stage when i'm at the apex of my jump, to regain stage control.

- don't use nair so much! a marth that is shffling nairs in front of me isnt very scary, because i know i can jump over him (if i'm fox). but a marth that is in front of you, at perfect range is VERY scary, because they have many other options than just nair. They can land, and grab you if you shield, they can whip out a fair at the last minute if you try to run in at them, and they can double jump uair you if you try to jump over them. empty reactive short hops cover basically every single option at close range

- if you're feeling pressured vs any character, don't be afraid to just run away (you do this a lot and its really good) but you don't have to run away so far all the time. remember that you're marth, and you want to stay in the perfect marth range that you can react to what they do. If you run away too far, then the game goes back to a neutral position. (neutral position isnt bad, but you'd have to close the gap again and maintain the good marth range) closing the gap is way more important as marth because most people play extremely defensive vs marth

- dont get stuck in your shield! like i said before, just wavedash away. look for things like high aerials on your shield, you should be able to wavedash away before i can land and shine

this is probably hella hard to understand cus i suck at explaining things lol.

i'll get into some of your good habits now:

- when you want to escape pressure, you really do ****ing escape pressure! A lot of the times i have to chase you all the way to the end of the stage, just to get wacked by your sword lol

- you're really really really good at gimping and edgeguarding (actually way better than i am haha. i always let people back on the edge)

- really good at getting grabs and tech chasing, especially near the edge.

most important of all, don't get frustrated!

2nd edit: oh yeah the neutral position isnt so neutral when the character that marth is playing against, has a gun or turnip or needles

mr moe wifi

Smash Rookie
yeah playing with manteca crew got me good in brawl, i can hang with em now but i think stds and **** dropped the gm completely idk havent talked to em in days i would play melee if i owned it.

but aye gk whats good with the ssf4 tourneys at kriers? **** you should run mvc3 too as well or get some other guys to run it like nubbins owns **** i think thats his name.

and yeah yall hate brawl now huh? if you guys ran a tourney manteca crew would be dwn to go but im guessing yall will never run a brawl tourney, and choknator where did you move to?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i live in daly city now

and modesto players dont really 'hate' brawl like lots of other melee players do, its just a lack of interest. nwa and dna still play? i just liked playing nwa a lot, he was the most challenging.

MAHVEL 3 at kriers nick DOOOO IT! :) :) :)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah i'm definitely considering that. I'll probably start them up in a few months though when there are more people in the area (uh, i mean if i'm still in the area too LOL)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhh, i'd like to get at him! he has experience in, you know, controlling more than one character ;)

i'll do my best at beating that placing bizz! try it when dajuan's home! :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah legit camping hahah

ylink gets absolutely tapped by chars who can stay in his face tho

falco is like a 20-80 matchup, just gotta get a hit off. fox isnt as bad cuz no lasers, but hes still too fast for ylink. sheik is too solid.

but other than that, ylink can hang with every other char. even falcon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ic's win but i'd imagine ylink's camping game with platforms would be pretty legit. J666's link was able to play keep away with me on FINAL DESTINATION, so i'd imagine ylink could do it on plat stages

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
i'm gonna surpass you andrenater, just wait

oh and keith/adaias... sorry i wasn't able to smash on monday, i ended up getting a bad cold/fever

Top Bottom