• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGj77BrEgj4

closest a song has ever come to making me cry.

i wish i was more emotional. saying this stuff just doesn't feel natural... like we all know i don't really care as much as i want to. lol

sidenote:
ima get a tattoo on my back that says "insert knife here"

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
people (girls) like to tell me that i use comedy as a band-aid to cover up my pain with laughs.

i honestly don't believe that at all. i'd respect that opinion if it was more than something they heard about on a tv show.

gay gangsta rap is funny as shiit so if they were right, THEY CAN EAT MY BIG GAY DICK!

i've got wounds deeper then most oceans but i believe i handle my experiences very well.
why can't people just assume i'm doing fine? lol like... they refuse to accept the possibility that i might just be fine.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm going to bed now, d00dz.

i just thought i'd double post to let you know that earlier today, i decided to make this thread my personal blogging site.

edit: fuck a mutha fuckin' twitter!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
btw, i should warn anyone who may find themselves reading my "blogs" while in an impressionable state.

DO NOT LIVE LIKE ME. YOU WILL FEEL AWESOME ABOUT EVERYTHING, BUT YOU WILL LOSE MANY FRIENDS THAT YOU WILL CONVINCE YOURSELF YOU DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYWAY SO I GUESS IT'S NOT SO BAD I DON'T REMEMBER WHERE I WAS GOING WITH THIS BUT I -- OH YEAH, IT'S BAD FOR... YOUR FUTURE! NOT GIVING A FUCK STRONGLY REDUCES THE POSSIBILITY THAT YOU WILL DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN DOWNLOAD AND WATCH AWESOME MOVIES ALL DAY!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it's ****ing awesome.

people who think they are close to you will try to "help" you by diagnosing you with random **** they heard on an episode of House, but it won't be too annoying since step one to living the kenny lifestyle is learning to deal with annoyances.

i should write a book... maybe in the self help genre... maybe not... lol

kk bedtime furrealzz distiem

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yes. you can all **** off and die.

GTFO mikey. i tried to get in contact with you several times.

p.s. come over?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man i just watched 2 hrs of mahvel 3's current top players

inspired so much by clakey d's 4th place with tron, x23, morrigan

not sure if my hsien ko/x23/tron can live up to that since its a bit more defensive of a team, but i'll do my best! one of the players in the vids had a really tight point hsien ko, gotta get at that level.

Wow x factor is too good.
"Community: "ARGH Sentinel is dumb and I want a balanced Marvel vs game."

Sentinel: "Oxymoronic statement detected, analysis of excessive saltiness, terminating target!"

HYPER SODIUM FORCE, DESTROY!
CptOverkill 9 hours ago 15"

People already complaining about him? Haha it's too early

mr moe wifi

Smash Rookie
sup guys i was wondering if any1 from 209 is heading to that tag tourney in sac tomorrow?
me and my friend dna need a ride and we live in manteca, we will have gas money
they're having brawl/ssf4/mvc3
i know you guys hate brawl i do too, game turned out to be a piece of **** competitively
im trying to win mvc3 and ssf4, but aye any serious mvc3 players in 209 get at me ive been labbin in it up lately and will help any 1 out that wants to get better
my # is 510 921 6972 plz hit me up, do not prank call or you are officially a lame *** being.

mr moe wifi

Smash Rookie
they are also running melee as well 4got about that

but yeah dna is nwa brother nwa is the ness player from the 1st few brawl tourneys yall had back in 08
i was using falco back then but i dropped brawl for better games

were not just random ppl lols someone plz get back at me

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Moe wifi? Hey, aren't you that guy who was doing commentary with me at the last Modesto SSF4 tournament I hosted? LOL idk that might've been someone else, but either way i'm assuming you are the same guy who went to a few of the tournaments me and newtypeseed hosted.

Yeah though, I'm pretty sure the melee turnout for TAG is really bad... or at least that's the impression I got. I'm probably going to SF tomorrow with merced for a tournament anyway and I'm the only one who ever really drives anywhere. The vast majority of people who post in this thread aren't even in modesto anymore/have never lived in modesto. So yeah, sorry about that but I guess you'll have to find a ride somewhere else.

I didn't know that you used to play brawl though. I only started going to the modesto tourneys right before they stopped hosting them (and then went to the stockton tournaments after that). I remember getting 3 stocked by nwa in tournament though haha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
when did you try to get in contact with me? O.o
facebook, textmessage, phonecall, smashboards, right now

you're a dodger. haha

hey, mike and modesto, i'm pretty sure i'm moving to oregon in less than 3 months.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm on /b/ toasting in a thread keith made, and i don't think he's following it anymore...

i was all like "the program 'smith' has grown beyond your control"

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh hey haha i beat moe in tournament in '08

i remember he used jab spam to shine on me

i still use it to this day

mr moe wifi

Smash Rookie
4sho gk i was the dude rockin guile at those modesto sf tourneys with the As hat
i got like 3rd twice in a row kept losing to viper and abel lol i hate that ****
didnt do commentary tho

but choknater i remember you ur the dude who mains like 1800 different chars lmao ur pretty nice
my falco got hella better tho like i learned shdl and got that forward into up smash down like nothing
i dont do stupid **** with falco anymore lols i think i got 7th or 5th at that 1st modesto brawl tourney
where u beat me

but aye im always down to go to tourneys im tryna get more active
gk what games are they playing at the tourney u are going to?
my man dna still wants to hit a tournament up txt my number 510 921 6972
hed be down to drop in your tank if there is a brawl tourney hit me tho if there is mvc3 im tryna win that
cause im really good in that gm i have 100% combos down and an infinite with deadpool haha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hey, I've been avoiding Oregon for my entire life, so can you not do that?
if my life revolved around you, i would've moved to texas... oh wait...
Also, have you tried at a time when I wasn't either asleep or at work?
have you tried returning a phone call?

you were asleep =/= your phone didn't receive messages.

just give up mikey. you lost. (and so did everyone else who just read that)

Modesto will never host a brawl tournament though a MvC3 tournament would be legit. Sadly I don't have access to the game, but I do want to try it out competitively.

If Modesto held brawl tournaments I'd be winning all of them every time

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
unless manteca knew about em :p

manteca guys are so dang legit at brawl. miss those dudes

**** dna nwa stds, whoever else still plays over there

nwa's ness awesome son. i bet i'd still tap tho : ) metagame development is very slow and i keep up with pro vids

naw man. It's pretty hard to tap my MK & G&W combo. They'd have to have a better MK than mine. That's probably my biggest weakness...actually it's anyone's biggest weakness in brawl LOL.

Well the metagame is developing at a decent pace in brawl and I'd actually argue you can be more technical in brawl than in melee...but holy **** the timings for a lot of things are very very precise (like one-two frames precise with a lot of inputs to deal with) and a lot of ATs are so situational unlike melee's overall useful tech skill. I mean you know that as a sheik main, Andre. That release grab DACUS.

No one's going to dedicate enough time to play godly in brawl when there's little motivation to master those situational ATs

Actionjesuz's zerg cheese is hilariously good. Worth watching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtEjCY5iJXY

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah you have always been strong when grasping the game mentally but with lackluster performance to show for it, so judging from that i think the decent fundamentals from manteca players would at least give you a pretty hard time. and nwa is mad good against metaknight lol, even tho he hates it. gw would give him more trouble im sure

u should try playing them some time xD tho they usually contact ppl via phone rather than online

i feel bad for not really having time for them when i did still live in modesto

hahah you have always been strong when grasping the game mentally but with lackluster performance to show for it, so judging from that i think the decent fundamentals from manteca players would at least give you a pretty hard time. and nwa is mad good against metaknight lol, even tho he hates it. gw would give him more trouble im sure

u should try playing them some time xD tho they usually contact ppl via phone rather than online

i feel bad for not really having time for them when i did still live in modesto
G&W clearly beats out Ness though ness has a pretty good fighting chance against MK for sure. I mean look at how people like Shaky and Fow have cleaned up some top MK players. Ness is one of my best match ups on brawl btw due to playing Colin's and Shaky's Ness.

I'm also very sure my fundamentals in brawl a very strong even more now that I've played melee a lot more even though my fundamentals in melee are pretty average at best. I just have to practice my fundamentals in brawl if I want to have any chance in dittos which also happen to be my worst of match-ups in both melee and brawl for the reason that my fundamentals usually lag behind everything else I learn.

I should try playing against them for fun. Andre have I played you with my falco? I usually don't use him online because it's too laggy to use his dash attack canceled pivot grabs to move around, but it's really useful. Kind of like a backwards wavedash to move around quickly. Falco is fun to play in both melee and brawl for sure.

Andre do you have MvC3? Man I really want to try it. I've only played MvC2 a bit, but its so fun

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm i dont have mvc3 :( i want it bad

and yeah i'd like to take back my statement and definitely apply it to melee rather than brawl. i think melee is really experience based when it comes to things like interpreting fox's movement/approaches and just having strong rhythm in general. ur pri good at barlow, just havent played u in a while and i bet my sheik would still tap : )

sigh just wish i had more time for playin games with ppl

hm i dont have mvc3 :( i want it bad

and yeah i'd like to take back my statement and definitely apply it to melee rather than brawl. i think melee is really experience based when it comes to things like interpreting fox's movement/approaches and just having strong rhythm in general. ur pri good at barlow, just havent played u in a while and i bet my sheik would still tap : )

sigh just wish i had more time for playin games with ppl
Yeah everytime I want to try some new game I ask myself if I really have time to do that and I figure out that I'll pretty much end up wasting both my money and time. I barely play sc2 and I have more fun watching GSL / other tournament games with that time I have.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah pretty much. i gave up playing competitively at sc a long time ago, but watching pro games is still very impressive

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm drunk as **** with two friends and i still feel compelled to get online.

lol man... they're about to fight at the drop of a hat even though they're good *** friends. lol

beer muscles? haha idk. so what's up guys?

i've been drinking truth serum so anyone have any questions?
i'll be ridiculously honest.

Top Bottom