• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

I feel melee's pretty slow now, I get the feeling that I get a lot of time to adapt now and as always DI/SDI properly (nothing new here, but its automatic and precise)

That wasn't how I felt around a year ago. I felt a bit overwhelmed at the speed, but now it feels like its brawl slow hahaha.

GG Nick and Keith. Everyone gettin off with random characters

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/huko1

TSL Rain doing pretty well, good stuff

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
haha steppes of war is like one of my favorite maps... maybe aside from like jungle basin.

anyways, that suxx0rs. hopefully you can come play some more soon.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4WNpvxatCY

if you watch it from jman's point of view, it's really educational. lol you can tell he's played the match up about a million times.

p.s. i don't give a **** if you guys think mango was trying or not. doesn't matter to me. i just pretended it was jman vs a random marth player i've never heard of. lol

dang you guys play melee only when i'm not there. not legit.
you flake out all the time when you're home. John denied

Wait Kenny you're telling me that not all foxes play like that against marth and use better recovery? Fox is going to get ***** if he wants to play it all out aggressive.

Those OoS wavedash grabs are really great. I usually just OoS shine and run away, I am going to try to use that next time I play Keith's marth. Good shield tilts on the platforms to prevent those uair pokes. Yeah jman is a boss at this match up. There a lot of other good things he does in this match up.

I did see mango try to be too aggressive, I mean you can even see it in his DI on the waveshines. I'm pretty sure with proper DI it shouldn't lead to a grab. At least I know Keith doesn't fall for that. Jman baited a ton of fsmashes and then OoS wavedashed grabbed too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CRrWXuEgpg vs falcomist, oh man too good

MasterShake

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4WNpvxatCY

if you watch it from jman's point of view, it's really educational. lol you can tell he's played the match up about a million times.

p.s. i don't give a **** if you guys think mango was trying or not. doesn't matter to me. i just pretended it was jman vs a random marth player i've never heard of. lol
Well...I don't want to say that Mango SUPER DUPER tried...

But I do think that Jman winning isn't a surprise (and I expected him to). Since he's so ****ing good at the matchup.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

Wait Kenny you're telling me that not all foxes play like that against marth and use better recovery? Fox is going to get ***** if he wants to play it all out aggressive.

Those OoS wavedash grabs are really great. I usually just OoS shine and run away, I am going to try to use that next time I play Keith's marth. Good shield tilts on the platforms to prevent those uair pokes. Yeah jman is a boss at this match up. There a lot of other good things he does in this match up.

I did see mango try to be too aggressive, I mean you can even see it in his DI on the waveshines. I'm pretty sure with proper DI it shouldn't lead to a grab. At least I know Keith doesn't fall for that. Jman baited a ton of fsmashes and then OoS wavedashed grabbed too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CRrWXuEgpg vs falcomist, oh man too good
shine wd dash jcgrab works on marth even with di. (not 100% on this, but 99.9%)
shine wd dash usmash should work too. give it a try mister tech skill.

i'm sure you'll **** keith every time you play him now. ;)

i haven't seen the match you linked. sooo fun to watch.
Well...I don't want to say that Mango SUPER DUPER tried...
But I do think that Jman winning isn't a surprise (and I expected him to). Since he's so ****ing good at the matchup.
i don't care if he tried or not. lol who gives a **** anymore. like jman would've gotten more money for winning if mango were trying harder. lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
thank you for telling me the only thing i still remember from the first smash match i seen on youtube.

(ken vs m2k mlg06?)

lol i **** at ******, so i'm sure i **** at that match up too.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
pretty sure waveshine into running usmash or waveshine into running jc grab works 100% on marth, regardless of DI.

i never miss it on keith.

work on your timing, suwoo!

edit:

keith is really ****ing good when he's in the zone.

but his "not care mode" will get ***** by anybody lol

another edit::

hi kenny :D

funny thing is I go for the shine usmash instead since I get it working all the time. I'm probably not timing the grab right then. Hell I dont even know the range of the JC grab which is pretty bad to not know. My grab game is garbage, ask Keith and he'll tell you how I end up missing a grab and getting grabbed back.

So much too learn still :(

"that matchup is all about baiting and the grab game

whoever approaches first loses"

Yeah you're right :urg:

I also feel that's the case in fox v. fox match-up, but that might just be me

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
respect the legitimacy of my john boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

and grabs are grabs. they are pivotal to playing melee because of the limited choices they force and the reliable damage they rack up.

Everything except shielding is good in smash 64 since you cant combo off shielding

I'm pretty sure not knowing how to play competitive smash 64 is what makes it fun for us at least for the few times we've played against each other

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
shine wd running grab = guaranteed on marth regardless of di
shine wd running usmash = not guaranteed on marth with proper di

and at high %'s, kenny taught me that shine wd over-b to uair = guaranteed kill vs marth.

i think my game improved a bit from playing jr... and i really did feel i was doing well at some points, just i dont get to play really good people all the time and therefore my consistency is lacking.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hi kenny :D
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

shine wd running grab = guaranteed on marth regardless of di
shine wd running usmash = not guaranteed on marth with proper di

and at high %'s, kenny taught me that shine wd over-b to uair = guaranteed kill vs marth.

i think my game improved a bit from playing jr... and i really did feel i was doing well at some points, just i dont get to play really good people all the time and therefore my consistency is lacking.
why would the grab work and not the usmash?
they come out in the same amount of frames and usmash range is godly. lol

oh, and if you di in the direction fox's side b is coming from, it might be impossible to hit with the uair. lol still funny because who the **** knows how to di the side b??

i would really be scared to play your marth with fox rye nao

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
not 100% sure on the specifics, but pretty sure that grab range is longer than usmash (considering its from a dash and you still have forward momentum) whereas a usmash completely stops you. also, unless youre sure about them coming out in the same amount of frames, i think grab might come out faster.

haha, yeah idk, at high enough %'s for it to kill, you'd be stunned/rolling long enough that i think the uair would be able to hit you quick enough, especially if you hit marth with the end of the over b and thus less lagged time coming out of it.

haha and yeah, its basically your fault that fox is probably my most preferred matchup... in no other way shape or form would i even be able to hope to take the occasional game off jr.

I think usmash comes out at frame 7 and it has a ridiculous range (and the damage + knockback is broken, but everyone knows that)

I should stop really using usmash after a grab on fast fallers and either regrab or utilt. Man I still need a lot of practice.

I want some peach practice too

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
not 100% sure on the specifics, but pretty sure that grab range is longer than usmash (considering its from a dash and you still have forward momentum) whereas a usmash completely stops you. also, unless youre sure about them coming out in the same amount of frames, i think grab might come out faster.

haha, yeah idk, at high enough %'s for it to kill, you'd be stunned/rolling long enough that i think the uair would be able to hit you quick enough, especially if you hit marth with the end of the over b and thus less lagged time coming out of it.

haha and yeah, its basically your fault that fox is probably my most preferred matchup... in no other way shape or form would i even be able to hope to take the occasional game off jr.
this sounds sarcastic, but when's the last time you've done a running jc'd usmash? you move further than you think when you start the upsmash. also, i've read on the fox boards multiple times that usmash and jcgrab come out in the same amount of frames.

too bad i only play smash in theory now, so i don't actually "know" anything. lol
glad i could help, too. i just wish i could play you and gain in the marth matchup what you gained in the fox matchup.
I think usmash comes out at frame 7 and it has a ridiculous range (and the damage + knockback is broken, but everyone knows that)

I should stop really using usmash after a grab on fast fallers and either regrab or utilt. Man I still need a lot of practice.

I want some peach practice too
come over and i'll dust off my peach just for you. hehe i LOVE playing peach against people who don't completely have the match up down.

peach is quite the obstacle.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
this sounds sarcastic, but when's the last time you've done a running jc'd usmash? you move further than you think when you start the upsmash. also, i've read on the fox boards multiple times that usmash and jcgrab come out in the same amount of frames.

too bad i only play smash in theory now, so i don't actually "know" anything. lol
glad i could help, too. i just wish i could play you and gain in the marth matchup what you gained in the fox matchup.

come over and i'll dust off my peach just for you. hehe i LOVE playing peach against people who don't completely have the match up down.

peach is quite the obstacle.
i decided to phrase this completely differently

if you had to critique how i played against your peach a hella long time ago, what would you have said about it?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'd say don't shield so much.

letting me hit your shield is bad because it puts me in an advantageous position since i got pretty good at hitting shields safely and learning when the dsmash will poke through shields after an aerial. (people are scared to tilt their shields down because they don't wanna cc when i poke and eat a 60% dsmash.)

you shouldn't have to sheild much against peach anyway, since most semi-viable characters can out maneuver her with relative ease. i know you aren't a fast player, but that's a big weakness in this case. anytime someone's ***** my peach, it's because they avoided all my efforts and left me feeling helpless. i wasn't too good at camping with peach, so i had to play semi-aggressive.

btw, i don't remember playing you with peach at all. lol i only remember playing you as fox so this is all me guessing. hahaha this is why my peach was able to do well against modesto and why andre's falco(n) could usually whoop her.

it's also why i decided to focus so much on fox. i deeply longed to be gay and constantly stay out of people's range until i could punish. i didn't have to blindly rush in and hope i catch them by reading a full hop or some crap.

tl;dr: keep moving and don't let me catch you... ever.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it's not too often i actually write about smash. it's pretty fun. :)

btw, jr really brought out the best in me as a smasher. i remember having such good games against his fox as peach. i learned all these different peach techniques to bait people since he's so hard to bait for me. I TAKE CREDIT FOR INVENTING FLOAT DANCING WITH PEACH I **** AND WANT TO PLAY HER AGAIN!

thank you, kfc.

Ah, KFC always teaches me something new everytime I meet him or even here on smashboards.

I played peach a lot against Keith this time around. 90% of the time I was trying to back on the stage, the other 10% was some bs DADS back at him though it was pretty obvious he had the upper hand on me.

Probably the same situation with my falcon except I tried too hard to get some offstage kills, but those were amusing for Keith and me.

I want to play Merced, I like their variety and I really do need to play against a character not named foxfalcomarth for once

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hey, if anyone who reads this wants to go to ownapalooza this weekend and lives between modesto and concord, let me know

lol <3

fk u guys for addressing me as kfc

<3

and kenny... yeah talking about smash is pretty fun now :D

and what is float dancing?
I think he's trying to say he floats and then goes back and forth. It's alright, but people know when it runs out so they punish it if you use it too much. If you're armada you somehow gain ground with this + fair, but thats armada

lolsc2:
I hate it when im playing against a terran and they decide to camp out in the corners with their buildings even though they have 0% chance of winning. Also I've been winning a lot more games lately now that I can beat the cheese with my superior macro and micro ah

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
and kenny... yeah talking about smash is pretty fun now :D

and what is float dancing?
idk. lol

basically a short float then djc waveland back to try and bait you.
i'd mix it in with waveland forward to grab/dashattack when you were expecting me to go back.
mix all that in with dash dancing and peach can almost compete with a good fox.

when i first started doing it, i was surprised how much distance she can actually cover.
it's not near as good as a marth dd'ing but still, it's something i learned on the fly in a match with you.

i don't watch enough peach matches to know if anyone else does it or if it's even good to do. lol

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Is Sac "between" Modesto and Concord?
This might be the most redicitarded things ive ever read. . .
. . . cwutididthur??

I guess japan would be in between Modesto and Concord too if you go the opposite direction. . .

jesus. . .!

. . . hearts. . . . =D

lol, love the quote, suu. . .

Idra's SOOOOO mad. . . .

even tho, I kinda feel that way sometimes too towards terran. . . . I had a T get hella mad at me one time cause he pushed up my ramp on meta around 6:00 (give or take a min) with a 15 psi mm when he KNEW i had a couple sentries to ff. . . =p
i then had a 20 min convo with the guy about the mu. . . i dont know why. . . shoulda just ignored. . .

. . . also when I get back to my house tmw. . . i want all of us to try this game out. . . its called "guess what extremely moronic thing jpeg did on sc2 to lose him the match" . . . . I map out a scenario and then cut it off where i will give you a multiple choice as to the one ******** thing I do to lose me games. . . and then you comment on how bad i am. . .i got a couple. . . bound to get more. . . itll be redicifun!!!! =D

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
jeesus christ is that hard to read, i dont know why. . . it shouldnt lol

why dont you learn to speak some gawddam american!

Top Bottom