• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

i'd be down to have a smashfest where like 10 of us get together and watch jr vs andre over and over again.
Get better and start tapping them then. Too bad Andre's ICs still have a strong advantage over me, but that's okay I'll figure it out asap. At least I'm not getting stomped by falco anymore.

So I decided to play terran for a while...and yeah ez mode macro wow why didn't I try a simplier race (macro terms) to get used to the whole ordeal? I know terran needs some crazy micro to play very well at top play, but if I can continue to spit out units all day easy then I am sold for now. I tried protoss a bit, but eh I don't like the race very much.

Terran mech and reactor play = happy me

Larvae management is so hard for me :/

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i was really getting the hang of the fox/ic mu before i moved.

if only i got to play andre more than once in a blue moon. :/

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
"can i stay the night tonight? and for two weeks straight?"

"yeah. i mean... you're my boyfriend, right?"

"i guess, bit
ch."

Shin-Ae: Anyways, why aren't you laughing today? Aren't you glad that you got to meet me?
Jaedong: No, I laugh all the time. I'm just nervous since you're so pretty...

Sounds like a typical Modesto smashfest

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOLOL.

*****s dont know bout legito smashfests where it's common for someone to walk out of the room to talk to SOMEONE INTERESTING ON THE PHONE

LOLOL.

*****s dont know bout legito smashfests where it's common for someone to walk out of the room to talk to SOMEONE INTERESTING ON THE PHONE
talking to kenny on the phone?

back when I played even more casually than I do today(like 04?), I played SHL falco with JC shine dair. Learned some CPU combos and the dsmash edeguard awye. Also peach DADS counter meta-game to noob spacies was pretty fun to play. Back then I didn't even know what DI was, but I got it going to live up to high percents

Those combos without l-cancel too good

does anyone want to smash? :(

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hey keith, we should smash sometime soon

And you should show me where to apply at the hospital

I'm free all next week I think

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think i really don't like not being in modesto sometimes. these boards are misleading. it looks like we all smash together all the time.

Someone teach me TvT. I can play fairly well against Zerg and protoss, but what do I do against terran? Just build up my tanks and vikings? I hate running into stalemates because sooner or later my macro fails

I get scared if I cant end the game quickly because I fear I'm going to get hit by some mass banshee garbage or some ghosts. I'm not good seeing how im in silver of course, but can anyone show me some good TvT videos where one player goes mech?

Also god damn it I hate cheese, I mean I guess I learn how not to fall for each type, but a loss is a loss. It seems like almost everyone is out to cheese me so I feel like im forced to go mass barracks units for the quick kill after I fend it off :(

Three tank push is my favorite by far though

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cheese em back son

cheese is just a derogatory term for a legitimate potentially game-winning surprise strategy

btw happy new year modesto thread

I can outcheese people since I can macro better than the majority of the players I go against.

(I actually cheese zerg players often with some proxy rax)

alright I'll just cheese my way to gold then. Not much of a point trying to learn how to properly play when all im doing is defending against cheese.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
do what it takes to win

eventually i'm sure knowing how to defend against all kinds of cheese and having superior late game will take u far

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Tvt consists heavily of seige tank micro, always having a healthy mix if units, and a lot of cat-mouse type gameplay. Watch any of slayers boxers or liquid jinros tvt games from the past 2 gsl seasons, they are very good at it

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Hey keith, we should smash sometime soon

And you should show me where to apply at the hospital

I'm free all next week I think
Yeah after Sunday evening at like 7:30 I'm free for the whole week as well, you should def come by and smash/whatever, the earlier the better therefore we'd have more days after to do so as well. Let me know when you can come by

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
BALLS IS IN ALL BEST POSTS OF 2012 END OF THE BALLS balls BALLS END OF THE WORLD
OH NOES I HAVE A BALLS

Top Bottom