• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

You guys are acting like I'm spending a fortune here. I'm using my preexisting parts for the most part: case, CD / DVD, HDD, PSU, monitor, keyboard and mouse, etc
$100 - motherboard
$200? - i5 (idk which one)
$50 - 4GB DDR3 RAM
$120 - gtx 460 graphics card

What else would I need Keith? I don't plan on OC'ing quite yet until I'm better informed / I think this is actually good enough to keep me happy with playing SCII. Would I need anything else if I keep it at stock speed for now? Just nice to have that option of having quite a bit of power in the future.

I'll probably OC a bit and wait on maximizing that until I can afford a new PSU and fancy cooling equipment. Or maybe not, I don't know yet

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
adaias/jr have probably already seen this, but even though it gets sort of boring/funsies near the end... still a very interesting/intriguing game to watch haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnZU_PYamFI

oh and adaias, in response to your post above, you probably want to double check that your existing psu can (safely) power all your new hardware, as it probably consumes much more power than all your existing hardware. also that it has the right molex and 4/6/8 pin connectors to power gpu/cpu/whatevs (unless it is modular)

thats all i can think of right now, but its really late and im hella tired, so if i think of anything else i'll edit or post again. let me know if you need any help with anything, ive built like 5 pcs in my life.

adaias/jr have probably already seen this, but even though it gets sort of boring/funsies near the end... still a very interesting/intriguing game to watch haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnZU_PYamFI

oh and adaias, in response to your post above, you probably want to double check that your existing psu can (safely) power all your new hardware, as it probably consumes much more power than all your existing hardware. also that it has the right molex and 4/6/8 pin connectors to power gpu/cpu/whatevs (unless it is modular)

thats all i can think of right now, but its really late and im hella tired, so if i think of anything else i'll edit or post again. let me know if you need any help with anything, ive built like 5 pcs in my life.
Alright thanks. Yeah I've never built something from scratch, I've messed around with parts before, but not the whole thing.

Yeah I watched that game already. I thought Wind should have just spammed missile turrets against those BCs even though they have yamato to outrange it. Battlecruiser + Broodlords + missile turrets? Ultimate turtle breaker, but I know they were messing around. Don't medivacs heal zerg units though? that would have been legita too

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
the people who live below me went to louisiana for christmas and they left their fat bass system blaring the whole time.

day two in a row of nonstop bass creeping up our walls.

let's do this.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Lol @ Spense, not sure if srs.

Also yeah, **** that ****, i'd go complain to the owner and have them open the door themselves and turn it off, either that or kick them out haha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well the lady who lives there is my friend. she works with me and got me the apartment. lol it stopped now, so idk. maybe her ipod died... p.s. i wanna play some melee. who's coming over to play me?

also, adaias, you should subscribe/watch this guys videos when he releases them, hes pretty informative and gives pretty good objective opinions on everything he does. ive watched like every single one of his videos for the past year and a half at least xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGQIpdhsijE&feature=sub
Keith...you're a day too late haha. I typed in i7 extreme edition on youtube to see what the **** any sane person would do with one of those at home and he was the first to show up. Yeah good information though I smile every time he says processor

soooooo many things on his channel. Trying to learn all of this computer building lingo

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
haha again, well if you have any questions or need any help let me know, im somewhat versed in this stuff. so is anyone else coming over tomorrow when jr comes (if he does come)?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i def plan on coming over tmrw keith =D

if i can't get the car, i'll have my parents drop me off.

if they can't drop me off, i'll ask jaime to come get me or something if his car is fixed.

or vincent/mike

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
haha, whatever you need to do. worst case scenario, i can come get you probably. what time you planning on coming? are you gonna stay just for the day or stay over for a day or 2?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i was thinking like, til the 30th in the most optimal situation (my parents not tripping about it, etc)

but ill prob leave like the 28th or something

im not sure what time i should come

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
my two days off just flew by in an instant... tomorrow i gotta do another double shift.

OPEN TO CLOSE ALL DAI

... oh wait... it will be all day...

my two days off just flew by in an instant... tomorrow i gotta do another double shift.

OPEN TO CLOSE ALL DAI

... oh wait... it will be all day...
How can you do two 24 hour shifts in a day? Reminds me of this guy I talk to on shoddy's irc. He's worked 24-26 hour shifts before (aren't those illegal or something?) Then he basically sleeps the whole day after that

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i didn't say i work two 24 hour shifts. lol

it's only really like 12 and a half hours. from open until close.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Haha we'll be playing both, but me and jr are planning to cure our melée fix first. Yeah you can come if you want Andre the more the better, I wanna see some more matches of you and jr anyways.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah me too

jr is the funnest player to play against

all other foxes/marths at tournys feel the same

even the likes of jman and pewpewu

but jr

wow

edit: ROOOOOFL. i just looked at chudat chronicles. TWIRL

So I think I made 2 bil+ on gMS right now with all the event rings I got from multi logging on a ton of accounts. I think that falls between $150-200 once I find people to buy this. Awye gold farming **** :bee:

It's like christmas all over again. If I don't find buyers...the prices of the rings will go up as the supply eventually dies out...which is even better. Maybe I should just buy a whole new computer and run these two at once for twice the botting $$$

How long is Jr going to stick around? I want to play him, but I can't go today :(

What's the general timing for 4gate? like when would you normally attack (what minute mark?). I know it comes after the hatchery is up for a zerg player, so would it be possible to come up with some two base roach + 4 gate timing attack in 2v2? Even if we're not diamond player perfect, I think it would be fun to try a timing push like that. I was thinking 10 pool is way too early to push forward together, 14 pool is around the time the first gateway is almost finished so...yeah kind of have to wait for the roaches then.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
4gate push should come out right before the 3rd hatch and spire pops for zerg and -OHWAIT THIS ISN'T BROOD WAR **** my computer aoihjoatihjqoetihqoehigfkmabotjhiehktbfmv

=D

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
@ suwoo, why not go for a roach+ zealot timing attack? I always felt like zerg can tech to roaches ridiculously fast. And protoss can just 2 gate zealots and tech after pushing out

@ suwoo, why not go for a roach+ zealot timing attack? I always felt like zerg can tech to roaches ridiculously fast. And protoss can just 2 gate zealots and tech after pushing out
Sounds good, I was asking because I have no clue and yeah I thought about that later. "Hmm the stalkers and roaches are just going to bunch up too. Zealots are overall better than zerglings for their cost and supply"

We should try this! hype. I'll have to try quick roach tech a couple times though. I'm very inexperienced but whatever

Top Bottom