• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
because ill charge you guys for staying the night at my house? lol

ill pay for ur tourney entry kenny *****

dont trip about it *****

ur coming with me

also is there room for mexican???
***, you ain't got a job.
i don't care about entering the tourney, right now. i just wanna see if i could get some gas money so i can play friendlies. i got to play andre for hella hours so i'm excited to play some more. i feel i learned from our session. jr... i love you... smashers are so ****ing legit sometimes. man... ima go home now. most likely gonna do my generic hour long walk home @ 6am so i can sleep till 6pm

ITZ ALL BOUTZ DAT THUG LUV YA FEEL MEH?!

DunSkies

Smash Journeyman
me, my girl friend, and kfc are the only people i know are coming with me. i have 2more spots in the car so i guess its first come first serve. so ya theres room for mexican and 1 more.

ill feel bad if i dont have room for some one that would like to come. **** it why didnt i buy a van!

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
i don't care about entering the tourney, right now. i just wanna see if i could get some gas money so i can play friendlies. i got to play andre for hella hours so i'm excited to play some more. i feel i learned from our session. jr... i love you... smashers are so ****ing legit sometimes. man... ima go home now. most likely gonna do my generic hour long walk home @ 6am so i can sleep till 6pm

hey kenny

plz go

hahahaha

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero

...go home?

where the **** would you be at 5 in the ****ing morning LOL

smashers are always legit, if they weren't, they'd be off playing something dumb like mvc2 and acting like total ***** and doing stupid **** like a $500 money match

DJMirror

Smash Master
...go home?

where the **** would you be at 5 in the ****ing morning LOL

smashers are always legit, if they weren't, they'd be off playing something dumb like mvc2 and acting like total ***** and doing stupid **** like a $500 money match
MVC2 is legit i donno what you are talking about

plus the community is what smash melee community needs

before you call them mvc2 players *****, they are really nice people and chill, they just talk **** for the sake of competivtion

go get to them know first before you say anything because they look at smash community (this was along time ago) that we are nothing but nintendo fanboys and jealous that we couldn't play legit fighting games but now they know what up

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
^ Get owned. Anyway...

I could drive too but I would have to get some gas money from anyone I was picking up since I'm so poor. No worries if the car's full though, I can drive myself if necessary.

Miztik

Smash Master
hmm 5bucks ehh ill give you a call tomorrow or post if i can go or not =)

might go to my dads to chill havent seen them ina while not sure yet

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
me, my girl friend, and kfc are the only people i know are coming with me. i have 2more spots in the car so i guess its first come first serve. so ya theres room for mexican and 1 more.

ill feel bad if i dont have room for some one that would like to come. **** it why didnt i buy a van!
dude ur girlfriend is gonna sleep at my house? idk if my parents will approve of that... they trip when my friends' girls come over, they dont trust outsiders and they think that ull have sex in our restrooms or something lol

and nick... u and whoever ur taking should sleep at my house on saturday too ^_^

dont woryr i wont **** u...

DunSkies

Smash Journeyman
wow is down so im going to hang out on the forums for about 1hr.

kfc man... all ways up at 4am lol.

no my girl friends not going to stay the night. shes going to drive up to ur place on sunday and ride with me then.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nick i bet even 2005 choknater could beat ur zelda ahhhh where u at son
i bet 2005 choknater could beat me off...
lumpy can u plz come? ill pay for ur gas money -_-
really? yeah. i'll HELLA be down. usually i do that thing where i don't like taking handouts (i really don't) but i wanna play smash sooo bad. like... ugh.
um... i'll call nick tomorrow afternoon/evening when i wake up. lol

p.s. if you do this for me, jr, i'll try to beat you every match we play. no joke. that's a reward in it's self.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
to those people who think that this is a time where nobody should be awake....

not yet, the party's just begun

playtime is over, star fox

I wish I were playing melee at 5:52 am, it's legit

Miztik

Smash Master
So basically my lil bro hella wants to see me, its been like a month =[ (work johns) so i decided to go hang out at my dads with my lil bro and step bros this weekend sorry guys but fam before smash

also jr's not gunna **** us anyways so why go haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wish i had ppl in more modesto to talk about brawl with... :(

i'll talk anyway

i've been watching ssbbmania1's brawl videos of the japanese players, and i'm pretty darn impressed. i remember RATS' Sonic and II's ganon, but that was just a start... besides the cool low tiers, i'm beginning to see a high level of skill with some of their mainers of more popular characters

RAIN's falco come to mind... and i'm sure lots of people would beat me up for this but i think he's one of the smartest falcos i've seen to date, if not the best... he's comparable to DEHF, i think they are pretty cloes in skill level, it's really impressed. RAIN's pretty campy, but it works, and the way he does it is very methodical and smart.

something i get from american players is that they are very intuitive and use the simplest strategies to win. the japanese, however, do try to apply techy stuff that they have learned in brawl, cuz it IS very limited, but they try it anyway. for example, Gonta's Olimar is really flashy and tricky with his spacing... he doesn't make ALL the smartest decisions, but for the most part he plays well and is actually fairly aggressive for an Oli main. it's really cool to watch

as for their metaknights... ehh they're good but, not up to par with americans if you ask me. :p bombsoldier's metaknight is pretty cool though hahah, he has unique glide skills. other than that, mew2king and dojo demolish anything else i've seen haha

Selcia's Ike is amazing. it really takes a lot of creativity to optimize ike's moveset, but Selcia has done it pretty well. he uses pivot grabs and jab cancels in a way that i haven't seen before, he makes ike look pretty fast haha. he beats this diddy kong in this recent video on the channel... the diddy is pretty good but he doesn't know how to camp lol. he should camp ike imo :p

Shu's snake is hilarious lol. sooooo campy, so much mindgames LOL it's funny to watch. he's no Ally, but he's still really good. really.... well, different. ahhahaa

kite has a good wario :) too campy though. i mean, wario should camp but.... he shouldn't NOT attack ever... good warios are campy but Kite takes it a little far lol

i think disk/bombsoldier/kite are the dominant forces of west japan, i believe mikael doesnt play brawl...

i wonder what happened to the old school east japan guys like aniki and masashi? i heard they still play, pit and wario respectively... and i heard pit is considered the 4th best character in japan, which is probably because of masashi somehow... iono, his early pit videos were REALLY good, so i'd like to see some new ones of him. ahhh

i <3 brawl, i wish ppl in modesto came to my house more lol

DOTEY COME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

that guy would always brawl with me... ahhh **** <3

kim is too easy to beat lol. how come i alwasy get peaches =\

DunSkies

Smash Journeyman
i dont know ill have to talk to kfc when hed like us to come over.
whats kfcs name so i can stop calling him kfc.

give me ur # so we can talk talk talk

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i wish i had ppl in more modesto to talk about brawl with... :(

i'll talk anyway

i've been watching ssbbmania1's brawl videos of the japanese players, and i'm pretty darn impressed. i remember RATS' Sonic and II's ganon, but that was just a start... besides the cool low tiers, i'm beginning to see a high level of skill with some of their mainers of more popular characters

RAIN's falco come to mind... and i'm sure lots of people would beat me up for this but i think he's one of the smartest falcos i've seen to date, if not the best... he's comparable to DEHF, i think they are pretty cloes in skill level, it's really impressed. RAIN's pretty campy, but it works, and the way he does it is very methodical and smart.

something i get from american players is that they are very intuitive and use the simplest strategies to win. the japanese, however, do try to apply techy stuff that they have learned in brawl, cuz it IS very limited, but they try it anyway. for example, Gonta's Olimar is really flashy and tricky with his spacing... he doesn't make ALL the smartest decisions, but for the most part he plays well and is actually fairly aggressive for an Oli main. it's really cool to watch

as for their metaknights... ehh they're good but, not up to par with americans if you ask me. :p bombsoldier's metaknight is pretty cool though hahah, he has unique glide skills. other than that, mew2king and dojo demolish anything else i've seen haha

Selcia's Ike is amazing. it really takes a lot of creativity to optimize ike's moveset, but Selcia has done it pretty well. he uses pivot grabs and jab cancels in a way that i haven't seen before, he makes ike look pretty fast haha. he beats this diddy kong in this recent video on the channel... the diddy is pretty good but he doesn't know how to camp lol. he should camp ike imo :p

Shu's snake is hilarious lol. sooooo campy, so much mindgames LOL it's funny to watch. he's no Ally, but he's still really good. really.... well, different. ahhahaa

kite has a good wario :) too campy though. i mean, wario should camp but.... he shouldn't NOT attack ever... good warios are campy but Kite takes it a little far lol

i think disk/bombsoldier/kite are the dominant forces of west japan, i believe mikael doesnt play brawl...

i wonder what happened to the old school east japan guys like aniki and masashi? i heard they still play, pit and wario respectively... and i heard pit is considered the 4th best character in japan, which is probably because of masashi somehow... iono, his early pit videos were REALLY good, so i'd like to see some new ones of him. ahhh

i <3 brawl, i wish ppl in modesto came to my house more lol

DOTEY COME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

that guy would always brawl with me... ahhh **** <3

kim is too easy to beat lol. how come i alwasy get peaches =\
ANIKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
japanese old school is the ****, anything interesting and different in the brawl scene is to be applauded

also, we can fix the vacancy in your house if you really want it :chuckle:

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
yall can come over any time in the day.

my number is 209-623-7924. call repeatedly cus ill probably be sleeping, and wont wake up for the first couple of calls

also, mexican isnt coming. hes gonna be busy.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i dont know ill have to talk to kfc when hed like us to come over.
whats kfcs name so i can stop calling him kfc.

give me ur # so we can talk talk talk
well i have a house number you can call when your coming to get me. that's (209)538-7141.
but i'm not home right now and i don't have a cell phone.
i'll call that number you posted in a minute.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes spenser, nick

noob crew

anyone who wants to play brawl

come over whenever

i heard preet's good at melee

but i'll **** his **** like always

i just wanna play brawl lol... it's such an interesting game with so many new things to learn, it's so fresh. in melee, all u have to do is play well and win... it's fun too, but i dont get to play against ppl often and hardly can go to tournys. i play brawl cuz i learn many new things playing by myself and against cpu's, plus there's wifi. so since i put more time into that game, i feel a greater need to be competitive in it. ahhh i need some ppl who really want to get better lol... dotey has been so good for a long time but he's a stanford student lol, and only plays tlink... sigh

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
spenser u still up for that MM?

u and nick vs me + lvl 9 ganon (melee)

or

u and nick vs me + lvl 9 pikachu/luigi (brawl)

Top Bottom