• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah that sounds good. I don't really have any plans at all so pretty much any day is fine. Just let me know and I'll be there.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Tourney was awesome. I've gotta smash with you guys way more often. (Good match btw lumpy)

And Modesto has definitely had tournies before, just none recently. I was actually thinking of hosting a tourney in ripon some time this summer. It's such a small town that it's easier to find a venue (since a lot of people know me or someone else in my family) and it's a little closer to stockton and the bay area (if they felt like showing up). Of course that means that you modesto guys would have to drive 10-20 minutes to get here, but I could probably give you a ride if you needed one anyway.
i think i know how to play against zelda as peach. CAMP
lol i DARE you to pick brinstar again. jk jk i definitely thought you were going to win that.
WE SHOULD PLAY MORE! it's nice to see that you've been playing melee and you live close enough to modesto to not have excuses. lol

you really really should try to get a venue. ripon is at least a little closer to the norcal smash community than modesto and i wouldn't know of a venue to use here anyway.

fresno said they'd come back to modesto so they'll go to ripon, i'm sure.
same with mechaboozer and the fremont peoples (heart nick and his fox).
jr would most definately come.
so if choknater and jr are there that's a little more incentive for people to travel our way.

I wanna smash so bad right now!!!

**** you kenny for not picking up your house phone :(
i'm sorry. lol i stayed awake for 32 hours for the davis tourney then went home and slept 15 hours. LMAO
i heart my ****ed up life!
i smash with modesto players to improve

if i dont improve i dont like smashing at all LOL

it 'sucks the fun' out of my game if im not playing competitively

ahhh im so backwards
you have to play me so i can improve enough to help you improve while playing me.
WTF?!

look. i promise you, andre. if me and you played like twice a week, you'd see such an improvement from me in such a short time. i can actually see my improvement after everytime i play smash. the problem is that i never get to play anyone other than anthony (no offense lol). playing you is what will help me. what i need. it's what i've been craving since brandon left modesto. i'm not kidding right now. i just want you to want to play me instead of giving me the generic "okay we'll play someday" just to shut me up. SUCK IT UP AND PLAY ME!!!! so i can be good competition for you to gain from aswell.
Nick we should plan a slumber smash party at Jr's this week...you down at all?
Yeah that sounds good. I don't really have any plans at all so pretty much any day is fine. Just let me know and I'll be there.
can i come? please? please? if you guys read what i said to andre, you'll see how despirate i am to play.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lol ****

it's an insomnia-driven wall of text

kenny, please grace the boards with your presence more often!

also, I'll see what I can do to help nick get a venue, I just might be able to help him somehow...

Miztik

Smash Master
Wait nick you do want to go to Jr's FUCKEN ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had to censor jodge that ****

I HEART NICK!!!!

ALSO

non taken kenny i know you only get to play me and at times yea that sucks, i think thats why i started losing desire to play cuz i'd only play one person but like, im getting the urge to play!!!

omfg SOMEBODY ****EN PLAY ME!!!!!!!

AKDLFJAEFJKL;A

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow, **** kenny you're serious

alright, let's play next week. monday sound good? i'll come over

we can play sets

no johns and get over frustration :) we got this

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
i think i know how to play against zelda as peach. CAMP
lol i DARE you to pick brinstar again. jk jk i definitely thought you were going to win that.
WE SHOULD PLAY MORE! it's nice to see that you've been playing melee and you live close enough to modesto to not have excuses. lol
Yeah I want to play you more for sure. I don't think I'm ready to take on your fox yet though... I'm gonna need to pick up another char first cause zelda gets ***** too hard.

also, I'll see what I can do to help nick get a venue, I just might be able to help him somehow...
The 3 best venues I've thought of:
1) library community room (since they had a smash tourney there previously)
2) youth community center (because it's rarely ever used)
3) normal community center (f***ing ****)

The library ppl probably won't let us use the room because they wouldn't be willing to keep the library open longer, it would probably be too noisy, and I think they're against the idea of people paying to enter. That probably won't work.

The youth community center could work, although Idk honestly. They've got a lot of stuff in that room that takes up space (pool table, ping pong table, other stuff I can't remember).

The large community center is way too f***ing big. It's not quite as large as the Genesis venue but it's certainly nicer. They typically charge $800 a day for rentals, but they also said that they'd be willing to lower it depending on what it's used for (for smaller groups I guess they only charge $100-200). Seriously, nicest venue ever. It's more of a dream than an actual option though. :)

I've got a couple other ideas in mind too, but I'll look into those a little more first. If you have any ideas Spense, let me know.

Wait nick you do want to go to Jr's FUCKEN ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JR doesn't need to **** me, it's consensual.

Miztik

Smash Master
so what day would you want to go nick???

and jr what day cant we go

and yes everything is consensual when it comes to having any form of sex with jr

Miztik

Smash Master
hey someone tell me a good site to watch anime other than megavideo and naurtowire ive been trying to watch a couple animes but the websites i know off all have the videos removed for infringement

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, midterms

what fun they are

also, andre

in case you didn't check yet, shoddy tournament crews are up

practice is in order? (also, I need to make a legit team, my rain team may work pretty well but I don't expect it to shock and amaze anyone who is actually good at this.)

but first, you need to get shoddy working again :C

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
spenser i'm watching that sc video now its just starting

as for shoddy, yeah i can only play on create a pokemon server if u wanna get practice...

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
andre, the bracket is out

we're gonna get ***** cuz we have to face this in first round:

Drugged Fox*
UmbreonMow(Mia_)
Articanus*
R@vyn(ManiaclyRasist)
Pink Reaper(Just Watching/Pink Reaper)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wow, **** kenny you're serious

alright, let's play next week. monday sound good? i'll come over

we can play sets

no johns and get over frustration :) we got this
DEAL! monday it is.
i'll call you sometime before then to find out what time i need to wake up.
i'm ****ing excited. don't worry about frustration. i feel confident and willing to learn.
Yeah I want to play you more for sure. I don't think I'm ready to take on your fox yet though... I'm gonna need to pick up another char first cause zelda gets ***** too hard.
it doesn't matter. getting ***** makes you better and shouldn't be discouraging.
i know you're tired of hearing this, but sheik would be your smartest option for now.
god job kenny on getting 17th :)
i got a bye and only won one set. lol but good job to me.
i lost to ranked players without regret.

hey, did you quit smash? or what? i need you, boo.

Miztik

Smash Master
JR I ****EN LOVE YOU!!!

HELLA HOMO

KENNY I ****EN LOVE YOU

YES HOMO

ANDRE I ****EN LOVE YOU

KINDA HOMO

JAMIE I ****EN LOVE YOU

NO HOMO I THINK

SPENCER I ****EN LOVE YOU

NO HOMO...

NICK I ****EN LOVE YOU

NO

lol

nothing but love!!!

Kenny/andre when are you guys playing on friday i want to play before work

pl0x

****!!!!

KENNY GETS MORE HOMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S0K2JE_NcQ&feature=channel_page

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
we are playing on monday not friday
im gone for a youth retreat this weekend

nick i encourage you to main puff for a while

juts make sure ur spacing is incredible and practice ur edge guarding on lvl 3 and lvl 9 cpu's

#1 word of advice for you who mains puff and zelda:

BE

PATIENT

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm gonna start working on my sheik and jiggs. Should get some good practice in with my crew this weekend (except Spense) so I'll be sure use them a lot. And yes, gotta be more campy/wait for the other person to screw something up/be more patient cause zelda doesn't have much going for her. :(

Miztik

Smash Master
i got my days mixed up my bad...

but umm nick **** zelda ***** sucks anyways.
i'd tap that
but still she sucks

Top Bottom