• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
nick u gotta sleep over at my house, and bring andre =D
I'm not gonna be able to sleep over after all, but I can take andre if he's going. I've got 2 seats left in my car.

And yeah, we'll MM you andre. More likely melee than brawl though, I think we're both out of practice in brawl.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
no

not playing brawl for a while means we're IN PRACTICE

CUZ BRAWL TAKES NO PRACTICE

plus our minds are fresh (and it's not like we're unfamiliar with character properties and stuff, even though it's been a while)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i am a noob at melee. check out my vids, yo, i suck, and they are the proof...

brawl is different, it's a lot more intuitive while you're playing figuring out how your opponent plays and countering their style and exploiting openings. again, with a basic working knowledge of the game, you can be good at brawl and not just totally suck all the time.

Pepsibeatzc0ke

Smash Rookie
Hey its BlueFoxXT

I got Brawl+ on my Wii, I dont know if I'll ever play regular Brawl again. Brawl+ is raaaape

JR, tenkai ichi, my house, eventually... its tournament, son

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I only have one of the first releases of brawl+ on my wii and it sucks. Lol, I should check out the newest release. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the mechanics in the new release are actually pretty good

i just can't take it seriously lol

i was just saying since melee is older we already know a lot

i find brawl funner cuz its funner to play by myself cuz there is a lot of new things to learn :) esp in order to win

ahhh **** its satisfying to beat ppl with link in brawl and defy the tier lists ahhh ****

2 ahh ***** in 1 sentese

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
needs more ahhhhh ****

ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh **** ahhhh ****

ok, so I'm contributing something, I hope that you guys do well at ownapalooza and practice your brawl skills just because you can

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
What is love?

Huh, idk if I should do teams tmw. No one to team with and I haven't really practiced enough with any higher tiered characters for teams. Zelda gets 'ahhhhh *****' in teams even harder than she does in singles.

Edit: Epic SC game btw. I can't believe I didn't spot that expo earlier... we could've had that. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
plague is great against bc's o.o

i'm really not used to lengthy games and high zerg tech

ahh i am a noob

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
my expo was well-defended

had you started attacking it, my zealot+sair force would've come in and mopped up

if you got a lurker in....i'd be screwed

LOL

no late-game tech at all other than the stargates and a forge XD

Pepsibeatzc0ke

Smash Rookie
Still BlueFoxXT

I have Brawl+ 4.0, i like it a lot. Nick and me were just freestyle comboing eachother with like, every character.

I love Bowser n Puff

Miztik

Smash Master
Actually andre i'd be down to play brawl with you, i hella want to get into brawl more, its a fun game i like it but cant ever play it =(

Miztik

Smash Master
nah i dont have my license yet, but i dont mind taking the bus =)

and spencer whats the point in having a license when you dont have a car haha jk you still win

fml

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
oh, but i don't have a car T_T

gotta step it up

or hitch rides with nick like usual LOL

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ****

MacD

Banned via Administration
but at least having a lincense allows people to drive cars in general, you can borrow a parents, or drive a freind legally if they get a little wasted

and it's a lot harder to get a lincense after you get a car... well at least it takes longer

not like you have to pay anything once you get a lincense so you might as well get one

... andre get me better against falcons... i suck

Miztik

Smash Master
sup macdizzle havent seen you in the modesto boards ina while lol

and guys im working on it slowly but surely

i think they get back like 2nd week of june i believe spenser said that on aim one time maybe idk lol

MacD

lol, yep miz, that's about right

my last final is on thursday the 11th and i'm leaving hopefully by 1 so i'll be getting back on thursday

... man it's weird thinking about that 5 hour trip i'll make back home alone and thinking about living at home again...

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
ahhhhhhh ****

I too have a thursday final , but it ends at 3:30....

****, I just might have to leave on friday then, unless my dad can leave early enough and be here when I leave.....lol gotta work out the details DX

but there's jdm's going-away tournament to consider....still, smash with old friends>smash with socal

plus I really do want to go home as soon as possible, i guess i'm still just a kid :)

MacD

you get kicked out of the dorms on sat, so unless you find a place to stay or your dad wants to mkae a late night saturday trip back...

that drive will be killer on him though, 5+ hours down here and back, unless he comes and you leave at like 3:30-4... not pretty

winter break, we left friday right at 3:30 cause a girl i was taking got done then, and i mean right at 3:30 the car was packed and we picked her up on the road when she finished, used the carpool lane but only had like an hour or so of traffic, leave much later... sucks to be you

but my final is done at 12:30 but i'm probably going to finish early but we'll see... i agree about going home asap, i was only going to stay till sat if mango juice happend but since it's not, no reason to stay

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
bleck, yeah.

I'll probably do a lot of the drive back though...not like it's hard to figure out how to get home since he already knows the way from going there, he just has to tell me how to go.

and with my driving, perhaps we can avoid the traffic rush. perhaps, if i'm fast enough.

MacD

lol, you won't... but you can try, lol

let me help you get home... from mesa rd go left on university, left onto mac arthur towards 73N, merge onto 73N

then 73 N -> 55N -> 5N ->99N to exit modesto

yea your home... millions of miles and hours later

EDIT: smash will ****...at least i will... step it up modesto

Miztik

Smash Master
if smash is whatever this summer and genesis isnt good (for me) ill probably quit melee for good. and possibly get into brawl

maybe

Miztik

Smash Master
do you know who i am? i dont have/use techskill i feel all i need is wave dashing/and not missed l-cancels and ill be good i dont need much else imo.

im not a big fan of flashy/technical players. i find it boring at times but thats just me.

i think a big problem of mine is im too inconsistent and i dont play smart enough. i play random which helps alot but if i can be more smart about it i think ill see dramatic improvement

HEY ANDRE!!!!

hit me up sometime tonight when you can via text or aim, me and kaushik want to set up some smash or something we gunna see if nick wants to play too let me know if you can/want to. let me know tonight if you can

pl0x

Top Bottom