• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
eh, i could probably afford to drive to tourneys, but my car, meh i dont trust it going over mountain ranges and stuff, maybe with 2 people tops i might try it. but for big tournaments, i usually have enough money to help with 10-15 bucks in gas or whatevs, even though i dont play smash much anymore, i'd still enjoy going to tournaments.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
keith, you still haven't responded to my message on facebook.

don't make me beg...

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
is modesto actually gonna do stuff over break??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So I've been playing brawl online crews for a smogon tournament lol. I finished up for my team. Took six stocks and lost 2 of my three stocks. Too good, but not good enough I need to take more stocks.

3stocked the first guy I played
Took another three stocks and lost two to a snake player afterwards. Awye G&W too good

Edit: Yeah I am up for some smash this thanksgiving. I want SC2 so I can practice my macro :(

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
where is a good place to buy a good computer?

i don't want a wal mart premade, but i don't wanna have to build my own. lol
keith would easily be able to herrp me but he hates me or something...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
not sure, either fri/sat after thanksgiving. i know the socal brethren will be back on wednesday

likely hangout places:
nick's basement (ideal)
kaushik's house

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahaha, just depending on where we go, you'll probably be welcome lol. kaushik and nick know you already

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hell yeah. our team TAPS. i bet if you went to cgc, we would've done better than when the styles teamed with TAFOKINTS (sheik, the inferior version of zelda.)

i need to get warmed up again, i havent played melee with people in a while. but just give me a few games with a fox/marth and my young link should be back to normal.

and yeah, get @ the 8-stocks.

at OC3, brandon and i got 2nd or 3rd in our pool, and we got 8-stocked by M2K/Chu

btw, that tournament had the most awesome west coast teams ever.

team standings:

1. Isai/King
2. Ken/Bombsoldier
3. M2K/Chu

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Lol yep I agree kens teams marth is amazing, what's cool is he was smart enough to know that you play marth quite a bit differently than you do in singles, because If you play it the same marth sucks in teams, which is why everyone thinks marth isn't a teams character. You just have to adapt to a teams environment playstyle and he wrecks, unarguable best team ever? El chocolate diablo

Lol yep I agree kens teams marth is amazing, what's cool is he was smart enough to know that you play marth quite a bit differently than you do in singles, because If you play it the same marth sucks in teams, which is why everyone thinks marth isn't a teams character. You just have to adapt to a teams environment playstyle and he wrecks, unarguable best team ever? El chocolate diablo
Well Ken's style works well with teams imo since he isn't the type to play defensive with marth in the first place even though it's known the be the better playing style for marth for 1v1.

Old school melee is too good

Also who's going back this thanksgiving? Are you guys going to play some SC2 friendlies? I'd like to watch some of those

Miztik

Smash Master
ive always thought it was worse to play an aggressive marth than a defensive one, marth's combos are insane on pretty much every common character aside puff

an aggressive one is always in your face comboing the **** out of you, a defensive marth is a good play style but it gives you more time to gather youself with the situation at hand

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
yeah, puff and also ganon, you cant combo either of those. but yeah marth is good to play offensive in singles (aside from aforementioned characters) but really shines when you adapt a bit of a more defensive playstyle in teams.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think marth should be played HOW U WANT ♥

i think of good old cactuar's style vs pewpewu's

extremely different and both really good

i think marth should be played HOW U WANT ♥

i think of good old cactuar's style vs pewpewu's

extremely different and both really good
Yeah everyone plays however they like, but in the end some ways are better than others in certain match-ups sadly unless you're so good that you can overcome such difficulties.

I love cactuar's playing style, it's just so amusing. He really irritates a lot of people with his campy style, but hey do whatever you need to win

Top Bottom