• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
There was another city wide yardsale today. No cheap TVs unfortunately. I found 2 for $5 a piece (both 19") but they were hella dirty and I don't need anymore TVs anyway haha.

I did, however, manage to find 2 gamecube controllers for $0.50 each. Pretty legit
you should see if they still have the TVs, i might be interested in them?!?!?!?!?!

jk lol i would have no use for them (now)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Aite sounds good adaias. I still have your gamecube btw (and yours spenser). Keith, do you need a ride or did you finally get your car fixed? I forgot

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Eh my car is sorta fixed I can drive if I need to but I'd rather be cool and go with you haha. Call me in the morn at 11 with what you decide.

Well I felt like I improved even though I didn't play for like a month or so. But man I felt like I was giving a half-***** attempt in almost all my matches. Really felt like I was in control in the first set of games against Keith by platform camping (I think I lost all the games on FD, kind of obvious why though). I kind of went into the Kenny cycle after that though. I'd sand bag two or three games and then try really hard the next game. Haha I don't think I ever want to play melee again. Maybe against Andre I'll try to play again.

Kind of annoyed that I can't pull off aggressive fox, even if I l-cancel and everything there's still that window where I can get countered some way OoS. Don't really like how I have to batter up someone in their head with platform camping-> aggressive take away the stock -> back to platform camping. Too much brawl mindset there for me to handle

Been watching Fruit Dealer playing against Rainbow in the GSL finals...man I am so blown away. It's like Flash maphax good. He played so risky but they weren't necessarily poor choices either and he managed to keep pulling tricks. Drops everywhere, high APM put to use, really recommend this set to anyone.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah... modesto smash is completely dead (as predicted). SC2 has taken over (which is fine though because it's equally if not more awesome). I'll still host tournaments occasionally if I know people are actually gonna show up, but other than that i'll probably only be going to merced tourneys (and maybe an ownapalooza or 2)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
yeah its hard to want to progress and get better at a game when you only get to play like once a month lol. i want to start getting really good at ssfiv and scII now (with wow and ffxiv on the side ><)

Miztik

Smash Master
LOL in the past 2 months modesto smash has lost half its peeps

2 months ago
Keith
Kenny
Me
Andre
Adaias
Nick

Currently
nick
keith
adaias

yeah its hard to want to progress and get better at a game when you only get to play like once a month lol. i want to start getting really good at ssfiv and scII now (with wow and ffxiv on the side ><)
I feel like I am getting better without having to play, of course it's at a slower pace, but yeah don't feel motivated to improve when only two other people play melee in the same town. Whatever, I don't mind hanging out and playing smash once a month even if it's not serious business sort of stuff.

The **** FFXIV? Are you crazy? I've heard so many bad things about it. I do know it's a very bloated game that uses way too many resources. I won't get around to actually playing SCII for a very long time. Just don't have ANY money right now to buy games. I mean I haven't even been able to buy DJ Max 3 ahead of time. Maybe by christmas time

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
I feel like I am getting better without having to play, of course it's at a slower pace, but yeah don't feel motivated to improve when only two other people play melee in the same town. Whatever, I don't mind hanging out and playing smash once a month even if it's not serious business sort of stuff.

The **** FFXIV? Are you crazy? I've heard so many bad things about it. I do know it's a very bloated game that uses way too many resources. I won't get around to actually playing SCII for a very long time. Just don't have ANY money right now to buy games. I mean I haven't even been able to buy DJ Max 3 ahead of time. Maybe by christmas time
yeah, i know all about it, i was in closed and open beta as well as CE release. yeah its pretty bad right now because SE likes to do stuff the way they want to and not give in. ffxi release was the same way, but it was out in japan a year earlier and had all the kinks worked out before NA release. once they fix some of the ****ed up **** they have going on and add some content, its going to be an amzing game just like xi turned into.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I agree that ffxiv can be improved dramatically with new content

but that doesn't change the fact that it currently is a ****ty game. :(

also modest smashers need to step it up in sc2, macd and i are sitting in gold. what have you guys done.

(i know you're higher than that if you play sc2 at all, but still)

I agree that ffxiv can be improved dramatically with new content

but that doesn't change the fact that it currently is a ****ty game. :(

also modest smashers need to step it up in sc2, macd and i are sitting in gold. what have you guys done.

(i know you're higher than that if you play sc2 at all, but still)
mang only gold? I still don't have the game so JOHNS ALL DAY, but it really seems that with basic macro you could easily at least get to platinum right when you start playing. I know there are a couple diamond players here at school. The rest of the people are in silver/gold. Someone let me play SCII on their computer/laptop one of these days just for fun. I have to buy a new video card if I want to play SCII since mine's been fried for weeks...

Macro macro macro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgDF4YyFUBI

Before people say lolbrawl, it's another Mr. Doom video and his bogus SDI. Really neat stuff to see haha

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
that's my point, i haven't played in a very long time and then did placement matches a few weeks ago.

hence the 'where you at'.

macd is just new to starcraft.

MacD too good. That's not bad at all, gold for being a new player is pretty decent. What race is MacD playing?

(please don't tell me he's playing protoss too). I guess you can 4 gate your way up to diamond without a whole lot of trouble

why does everybody say this? not possible
It's a bit of a joke too though because everyone says that. Obviously you need good macro skills to reach diamond.

It's a fairly simple, yet effective build.. It's just a solid build. Compared to other builds, it's easy enough for newer players to learn how to keep up with their macro. Of course it's not an "OP" build or anything, and it does have its counters. I think a lot of newer players have a hard time countering this.

I have heard from a lot of people that they used it to climb easily into diamond though....

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
lol i stopped using 4gate openings vs people cus i started getting ***** when i use it.

it works really nicely in PvP though, and easily transitions into collosus/ stalker if u get 1 or 2 robo's after the first expansion

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
so basically i should go 2fact thor rush with one rax steadily making marauders vs. you guys and see how you fend it off

just for funsies

Marine+thor+scv=you dunskies
Yeah obviously not hard to transition into a better composition to deal with the mobility of mutaling when you have factories and barracks out. I would have to tech to infestors and banelings to deal with bio ball / mass marines. Thors are only problematic for mutas when they face each other head on. Whatever composition is overrated / over discussed currently.

Man I really want to play macro based games, but I kind of start slipping up on macro after the third base. First base and second base are pretty easy to stay low on minerals / gas, but I can't multi-task beyond two bases + army. I have to keep fighting to play the least favorite race. Haha out of character for once, playing the underdog in a game though zerg is just as capable as the other two races as shown by Fruit Dealer

Edit: fruit and cheese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfGtQPbugTE

better than pokeboards
yeah. starcraft too good

Also Keith I just got djmax 3 in the mail. Time to see if this version is pretty neat

Turn Table Remix mode is legit, it's a bit odd though

Heh, I'm playing like a zombie. Man the charts are so good, I'm not even going to lie. Everything flows so well. 1000+ combos on first playthroughs on a song without even thinking about the tech skill: holding notes + doubles at the same time

EDIT MLG LIVE: http://events.mlgpro.com/takeovers/procircuit/titles/starcraft?site_id=mlgpro

Oh wow...Idra plays so well when he's not angry. Idra being nice and smiling for once? Haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lets talk about melee =\

i miss 6-8 modesto melee players in my living room and me getting off with random characters unless macd/brandon is over and cockynater has to go to sleep

lets talk about melee =\

i miss 6-8 modesto melee players in my living room and me getting off with random characters unless macd/brandon is over and cockynater has to go to sleep
Would it be possible to do something like that around thanksgiving? Also it was pretty amusing how Suu would manage to get off everyone with only spaced fsmash. Also I'd like to play that Hyrule Temple game again someday, pretty fun stuff

Miztik

Smash Master
lets talk about melee =\

**** you i dont think i ever played serious andre with normal characters everytime i'd be over there to smash you'd be playing everyone with falco, shiek, fox and what not i plug in my control instantly pichu, nes....

Top Bottom