• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Miztik

Smash Master
Mccain if i still lived in modesto id love to go to the tourney lol...

Kenny I seen get him to the greek you may or may not like it i personally thought it was pretty good some moments i think youd really like

I was actually impressed with "The Social Network" as far as it living up to the hype not really sure i can say that the movie jumps around alot and at times can be some what confusing but for the most part it is a really good movie. Def would say its worth the Watch. Also Yeah John Jesse Eisenburg is def out of Micheal Cera's shadow as you put it he did a really good job in the movie.

jr if you have time i'd suggest going to see it.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
hmmm. . . SOMEwhat of a hard question to answer. . . short answer would be no

I liked it and really enjoyed Eisenburg's performance. felt he portrayed Mark's known introverted personality really well and was really witty and funny at the same time.
but that being said, If i could go back in time (before seeing it BUT knowing how I would feel about it. . .kinda), I still wouldnt pay money to go see it (in case that doesnt make sense, friend of mine had a few tickets to a free showing a couple nights before the premiere)
Might be because I have a thing against going and paying for movies whose cinematic qualities dont become enhanced by the theater themselves (dorky way of saying that i wouldnt go see dramas or comedies too much in theters). Or it might be because the whole movie was simply a drawn out and glorified story of betrayal and jealousy, most of it told by one of the two parties of the people suing Zuckerburg. There are also couple computer language/hacking and business financial references thrown in, but thats about it.

Again, good movie, but not nearly one that lived up to the hype.
Im also pretty sure that this kind of hype gravitates more to movies that people can relate to in some way. happens a lot with chick flicks; girls see a love story unfold, finds themselves making comparisons to their own life, etc. And because Facebook is such a well known identity here in america amongst teens and young adults alike, ESPECIALLY because those are the people who went to go see the movie right way. . . . you get what im saying. . .

Miztik

Smash Master
well i dont think that movie had much hype to begin with. well at least i dont think it did maybe the Kanye west song gave it the hype? lol idk but the song can give hype because they way it starts off. but before tv start showing the commercial i didnt hear much about it.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
yeah, not much of hype before tv trailers, but I just assumed it spiked a lot after the commercials.
Those things went off all the time on certain stations

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
is the story even interesting, i mean cmon its just how facebook was made?

or is there some other tight **** or stuff worth mentioning?

cus if i wanted to know how facebook was made, id just google right now, but im not even interested in that so im not gonna do it.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Supposedly there was a lot of scandals and controversy with the making irl. But yeah cera+moot bro I've liked him back from his first movies like 5 years ago, I have nothing bad to say about him he's actually probably one of my favorite actors.

Miztik

Smash Master
Its not just about how facebook was made its about the "theft" of a website idea that was brought to Mark Zuckerberg by other harvard students that need him to do the programming for them because they were impressed with a site he created while drunk that got 22,000 hits with being up for only 4hours i believe that let people rate girls based on how "hot" they were and none of them felt they had to ability to make the site. and he steals the idea etc and creates facebook which is now worth 25 Billion dollars i believe they said in the movie. It also talks about how he cheated his bestfriend at the time (Eduardo Saverin) of any ownership with in the company

It also talks about the settlement agreement for 66million by the harvard guys just for the idea of the site

and undisclosed amount was given to Eduardo Saverin for being cheated out of ownership in the company after he paid all the funds to get the site going.

but yeah thats pretty much what the movie is about

You could say that about almost every big company out there. I mean you could get some "decent" story out of Microsoft, just to name an example. They're just cashing in on Facebook seeing how it's immensely popular all around the world right now.

▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████░░
███▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀░░
██████▀░▄▄████████████████████░░░
▀████░▄███████████████████████▄░░
░███░▄███████████████████████████
░▀█░█████████████████▀▀░░░██░████
▄▄█████████████████▀░░░░░░██░████
███▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░▄█░░████
███▄░░░░▀▀█████▀░▄▀▄░░░░▄█░░▄████
░███▄▄░░▄▀▄░▀███▄▀▀░░▄▄▀█▀░░█████
▄▄█▄▀█▄▄░▀▀████████▀███░░▄░██████
▀████▄▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀██░░▀█░░█▄█████░
░░▀▀███▄░▀█░░▀█░░░▀░█░░░▄██████░▄
████▄▄▀██▄░█░░▄░░█▄░███░████▀▀░▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀░█████▄█▄▄████████▀░▄▄░▄██

Miztik

Smash Master
eh thats true adaias but then again they'd prob make more money about several other companies if there was anything worth talking about. I mean what makes the story behind facebook so interesting is that the company was started with only 2 programmers well actually just Mark Zuckerburg himself then later had another guy help as well and $1,000 im sure there are alot other big name companies similar to that but its pretty interesting.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Just thought I'd post that Modesto Tourney 5 is this Sunday (for those who didn't know)

And I guess McCain's gonna drive me to Ownapalooza on saturday which is awesome :D

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i ask for a few good movies to download and i get 13 posts about a movie that's still in theaters (so no good downloads will exist).

btw, the sequel about myspace is going to be sick as fuuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrBUitQAqv4

tourny set

i lost the tourny, got 2nd. he got his revenge. we went to the last game again
Don't try to approach him on the ground, it's just impossible. You tried going in with dash -> shield(grab) and got grabbed out of it every time. DDD has magneto melee marth grab range and has some good ground responses. Needle camp, just around his shield, shield pokes, etc. Dumb patient stuff. Also I don't recommend using fair outside of a kill move or edgeguard. The range and duration just isn't as good as bair. Good stuff for using a non-top tier character

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
aw why? :(

don't tell me your parents the diy kings have another project for you to work on.....
Nah, we actually finished the awning project in only 2 weeks so there's nothing to work on for now. McCain is leaving Modesto on Friday instead of Saturday though and I'm busy Friday night... so basically I don't have a ride. I've gotta get homework done in advance to free up my weekend for the socal trip though, so it's probably better that I don't go anyway.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
adaias: my dash grabs were benefitting me a lot in the set actually. playing too patiently allows ddd to walk up and ftilt, or bait stuff and grab. fair is good for comboing, i do agree though that using it against grounded ddd is a bad idea unless i am strafing past him.

man, ddd's grab is so extreme. he is the only character who can shield grab sheik's PERFECTLY spaced tipper bair. i was just in shock when i got grabbed out of it sometimes. i was a mile away from him and i still got grabbed

fortunately he cannot shield grab sh rising nair with fade away :)

anyway

i know i should approach so much, but thats just a comfortable way for me to play. it is risky, but it allows for mixups. in one of our later matches, i actually baited him to not shield by constantly dash grabbing him, then he started shielding less... and i got a ko on him by just running up to him and usmashing lol

I guess it worked sometimes. The point of the dash grabs is to keep him on the spot in his reaction time. Yeah DDD's grab range is ridiculous. I do think needles keep DDD from feeling too comfortable in sitting on his *** all day. I thought you were outplaying him pretty badly for the most part, it's just a bad match-up and a couple grabs let DDD get back on even footing. So dumb. Really solid recovery trixies. You did mess up sheik's recovery a couple of times, technical errors :(

I usually play against DDD with G&W which is pretty even (on neutral stages. anything from that leaves G&W way ahead I'd think). I pull off the snake strategy which is jump forward and then back...again and again. I hate playing gimmick characters.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/882511

Roach range upgrade, fungal growth on blink, reapers pretty much useless, and increased HP on zerg tech buildings. Priy gud for zerg.

mang zerg too good. Haha reapers are ****ed now, completely useless. though I always thought bulky marauders ****** **** with slow(Why hasn't the cost been brought up?) + stim was the problem for everyone, not these little things. Also no more cheese barracks builds since a supply depot has to be made before a barrack, but honestly who makes a barrack before a depot? Poor terran getting a bit too nerfed there

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
There was another city wide yardsale today. No cheap TVs unfortunately. I found 2 for $5 a piece (both 19") but they were hella dirty and I don't need anymore TVs anyway haha.

I did, however, manage to find 2 gamecube controllers for $0.50 each. Pretty legit

Miztik

Smash Master
So I might be back in modesto next week we should smash if i am wont know if i am exactly until i get my work schedule for this week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AIObXTg29g

had to share another game. this is like the third time ive seen this build and **** it looks crazy if you have the micro to support it. at the end there i had a big *** trollface.jpg
I'm surprised the zerg actually lasted that long. He didn't even bother getting corrupters to deal with the ravens and a little bit of micro helps massively reduce the damage from seeker missiles. Tech switch to ultralisk didn't really do / help much.

The terran player played well, nothing wrong with mass raven if they manage to pull through early game.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Yeah I thought I saw him building a spire at one point but maybe one of the raven pushes got it.

Anyways, who is going to the tourney tomorrow? I work graveyard tonight but if you wanna be able to pick me up in the morning nick I'll try to go to sleep right away in the morning.

Top Bottom