• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Miztik

Smash Master
man stawars is epic, prob the best trilogy ever

also 3D if its done right it actually can be really good so far only movie i seen to do 3D right was Avatar (not that ****** anime verison)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
topic: details

andre: moon's really good but i can beat him with any character and he knows it

3D: movies that weren't filmed for 3d bing rereleased in 3d is a ****ing gimmick/cashcow/garbage bull**** **** ****

starwars: i don't see how it's the most amazing thing ever. and anthony, how is it a trilogy? lol it's 6 movies

nick: don't act like neglecting facebook for 2 weeks is an accomplishment rofl

keith: i beat MGS a day or two after i started. sickest game ever. i have NO access to 2 or 3 for a while so i'm tempted to watch all teh cutscenes on youtube or something. i'm sure someone posted them.

smashboards: i will not check back in time to see any responses to what i say, so i can talk **** to anyone and never hear the rebuttle. too good.

/logout for a month

Miztik

Smash Master
No kenny there is only 3 starwars movies

the other ones were called episodes (still movies but **** you) and personally i could care less about them, i mean they were good but not really needed.

the first 3 is what i was referring to when i called it one of the best trilogies ever

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
ive never even seen the star wars movies but i hear theyre ok, and i'm pretty sure the fact that there are 6 movies that all coincide with each other make it a 6 series movie, a hexology iirc. whether or not YOU think there are only 3 is irrelevant xD (jk i'd still suck yo **** anthony)

and kenny. dude i had hoped i was right when i thought you of all people would appreciate the mgs series, such an epic ****ing storyline and i cannot reiterate enough that it is by far my favorite fictional storyline in existence. do the game justice though and try to play it. if brian or robert have a half decent computer you can get a ps2 emulator. or ****ing make them buy one lol theyre literally 100 dollars new or less used. in any scenario, i hope you enjoy them. you talking about them is almost enough to make me want to replay the whole series.

to the rest of you ******s: i wub you, and i wish i have been playing smash more lately :(

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
although i agree with anthony that the first three starwars movies (4,5,6) are way better than 1,2,3...

watching yoda kick peoples *** with his small *** lightsaber never gets old mang

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i didnt underestimate moon lol. i had already played him in a friendly and he had already beaten lovage. i tried, but i got this next time

he's definitely a master of shaking it up. we got that modesto thread connection though

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Nah Andre, I was talking about how you were underestimating him at GSG lol

But yeah, I'm hella broke right now. I've been looking for a job for a while and even though i've applied several places that were actually hiring and had people who worked there give me a recommendation, I haven't received any calls. So now I'm down to $15 and almost no gas in my car. I won't be able to drive people for a while and probably won't enter my own smash tournaments (unless everyone who shows up sucks and I know I can actually make money from it hehe)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
No kenny there is only 3 starwars movies

the other ones were called episodes (still movies but **** you) and personally i could care less about them, i mean they were good but not really needed.

the first 3 is what i was referring to when i called it one of the best trilogies ever
you have to understand that all six (and then some) were fully written out by lucas before 4, 5, and 6 came out. a new hope = episode 4. don't act like 1, 2, and 3 were last minute add-ons.

i just hate 2 and 3 because anakin was a huge ******.

i thought that the matrix 2 and 3 were after thoughts until i did some reading up on it. idk why that matters... lol whatevski
ive never even seen the star wars movies but i hear theyre ok, and i'm pretty sure the fact that there are 6 movies that all coincide with each other make it a 6 series movie, a hexology iirc. whether or not YOU think there are only 3 is irrelevant xD (jk i'd still suck yo **** anthony)

and kenny. dude i had hoped i was right when i thought you of all people would appreciate the mgs series, such an epic ****ing storyline and i cannot reiterate enough that it is by far my favorite fictional storyline in existence. do the game justice though and try to play it. if brian or robert have a half decent computer you can get a ps2 emulator. or ****ing make them buy one lol theyre literally 100 dollars new or less used. in any scenario, i hope you enjoy them. you talking about them is almost enough to make me want to replay the whole series.

to the rest of you ******s: i wub you, and i wish i have been playing smash more lately :(
well we have a ps2 hooked up in the living room and the bedroom. (lol nerds)
but i don't have the games yet. they're hella cheap but not free.
i will just have to buy them one day soon.
and btw, i think twin snakes was a good move after what i read. the cutscenes were sweet *** and they used the same voice acting as the rest of the series (where as original mgs had thicker accents and little things like that). either way, thanks for recommending it.
watching yoda kick peoples *** with his small *** lightsaber never gets old mang
when that happened in the theater, everyone started cheering and i got hella annoyed by it. haha
i just liked that it showed boba and jango fett. sick *** bounty hunters.

/logout for another month... maybe...

JPeGImage

Smash Ace

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
*just watched the video*

why didnt the toss player pulll back his probes from the incoming nuke? it was so obvious with that giant red target on his mineral line

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
yeah kind of dumb that he didnt pull them all away, but then again, there is nothing on the mini map that indicates a nuke, and there was also no fighting outside of the base at the time so there was nothing indicative of an offensive push whatsoever, he was probably just focused on another part of the map. either way though, it was really interesting. i just watched 2 or 3 more awesome videos, but i feel stupid posting so many SCII videos on smashboards. yeah TLO is by far my favorite player to watch, he's just so dynamic with his playstyle that he entertains me every time, also helps that i (presumably) main terran.

adaias you should also subscribe to xhydrax, he has good videos like at least once a day as well.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
gawd dayum. . . the games looking better by the second. . . just saw the set with tlo vs dimaga. doesnt tlo play zerg and not terran?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNCSSshCQiU&feature=channel
set's too good

im really close to getting it. . . . but I really shouldnt. . . .

edit: I also recently got LFD 1 for the pc. . . but I guess im so bad at it I get kicked somewhat constantly after ppl realize im not "Uber 1337". . . . which I think is ****en ******** considering its not a ranked game and each set of games have no influence on the ones that follow, but thats a separate issue

any tips on the game? plz?

and I know melee attack for humans is my friend for when I get surrounded and/or for subduing hunters/boomers

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
TLO is by far my favorite player, followed probably by boxer, then theSTC and then any of the oGs crew.

and yes he mains terran, but he used to be a top level zerg, but since SCII beta he's switched to terran. he still plays zerg from time to time though (hes still a ****ing beastly zerg)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
well if we're going there, my favorite player is probably daigo umehara, followed VERY closely by ken.

mang you can't expect someone to win all the time, he won the GSL against RAINBOW which matters more than some other game where he was off.

Yeah I knew someone was going to link up to that game after I stated that.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
haha im just messing with you, im pretty sure everyone who plays a competitive fighting game and is on smashboards knows that even the best of people lose from time to time.

although you cant really say he was off, they both played very well in that game, he was just outplayed. not shocking considering he was playing against a key member of basically the best starcraft crew in the world.

still bolsters my liking for theSTC though. :)

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAhJX8tG2_8&feature=sub

dont think ive ever seen a high level zerg get spanked that hard before, ever lol. miraculous play that game. alright i'll be done posting scII games for a while, unless i decide to change my mind.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
remember that one time that guy named zerg got like 12 points against diablo II?

Dimaga could have played much better, however this is dimaga half a year ago.

He made several mistakes.
1. Not keeping up with macro
2.Never approach another army as zerg through a choke point, zerg is all about surrounds to maximize damage dealt.
3.Not enough broodlords, they're pretty good at keeping players from turtling up and they're pretty good overall lategame as they're economical units at that point. Mass roach / hydra is just begging to get ***** by storm and colossi at that point of the game.
4.No nydus worm trixies, at worst it would have split the protoss army trying to defend the main and the natural. One drop here and there, needed more of those.
5. Lol @ the island expansion IN BETWEEN the zerg bases, I mean that was pretty much unprotected the entire game.

Those were five glaring flaws, you could nit pick about micro and storm dodging, but that wouldn't have mattered as much as dimaga had enough bases to not really care about those little things. Anyways I only watched the first and last part really quickly.

^That's like a Day9 analysis wall of text haha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hey everyone (aka keith) what's a good movie to download?

watch any good one's lately?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
thanks suu, i felt convinced that, once he saw the expo in the top left, that dimaga was just fuking around a bit. But I didnt realize it was that old. didnt look.

I saw social network recently and thought it was pretty good considering what it was about. a few cheesy parts but it hardly changed how I felt about it. I also have a new found respect for Eisenburg and no longer consider him being "Michael Cers's Shadow". . . .
So yeah, watch that if you havent already.

Top Bottom