• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

This thread has lasted quite a while, probably because we do talk about smash every once in a while to keep it on topic heh.

If you have time Andre, let's play brawl on wifi. I was just playing wifi with some good player from Utah and I actually had fun playing brawl. It was like I was actually playing smash. I stole your sheik playstyle + added my gay SDI + powershield abuse which lets me keep playing aggressive all the time since the PS lets you keep steamrolling through jabs, upBs, etc

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL sheik rapesssssssss

and yea soudns fun

im moving tonight tho and not bring my wii yet so heheeeeeeeeeeee

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Man, I think I'm gonna move the next modesto tournament back 2 weeks. On the same day as ownapalooza and the day after the merced tournament? Too many ****ing tournaments that weekend lol. I need some time to get caught up on videos too. I've probably got 30 sets to upload still (from this last tournament as well as GSG friendlies and other random things)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah okay, 25th is cgc and if i go to modesto the day after that would tap

but i might have too much hw LOL

its really good that theres a lot of tournaments going on though :) we're becoming more like socal lols

PewPewU showing SS how the match-up is done. Really abusing those tech chases and jab resets to regrabs. It takes a little bit of work and reaction time, but he did it pretty well on the 5th match. Really shuts down falcon in that match up I would say.

I really love his use of forward B, very nice

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Pewpewu really showing that Marths nair kicks ***. I need to start using nair more, at least against non spacies.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
pure speculation!

love how bombsoldier throws out random lasers as he's recovering or jumping off the stage to edgeguard.

but yeah the spacing/metagame obviously would keep them from doing good in todays current metagame, but if they kept playing melee imagine how technical/crazy they'd be today.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wish roy was as good as young link if u know what i mean

what i mean is exactly what i said. young link too good

After seeing the Project Stylez Ylink, I rethought how decent Ylink is, though I've never really had much of a negative opinion on him for being a low tier character.

Also the fox frame data + hitboxes is great. Worth checking out those newer frame / hitbox threads for all characters if you haven't done so

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah pretty awesome, i just checked out ic's hitboxes

they have mad small hitboxes, def a precision character when it comes to non grab combos and spacing lol

like bair is one of their best moves but the hitbox duration is so short and the hitbox is small

im using more space-covering moves though like fair and blizzard lately, and its really changed my game to be more solid.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i've been telling you guys pewpewu was hella good for a long time.

nobody cares until he beats jeff...

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
lol well there is no proof that somebody is good until that said person in question actually beats somebody who is good

like when people said mango was good, and nobody wanted to believe it, then he won like pound 3, and then all of a sudden the mango dickriders come out of hiding

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I first heard about pewpewu at genesis. I don't really know how good he was back then, but i watched his videos periodically over the last year and i started realizing his potential. When they announced his match against jeff at GSG I was like 'oh ****, this is gonna be hella hype' and everyone else sort of stayed silent until game 1 began and he started messing SS up.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I remember when pewpewu played jr and beat him....Then he played Mike and beat him...and then someone said he was taking FTA members out 1 by 1, and then I played him...He beat a really good marth, and then a really good samus, and then lost to a DK. Bwahahahaha. TY to my brother and JR for the stupid amount of marth practice..lol. But pewpewu, like a lot of marth players, won't pick marth against me. I played him at a cgc recently and he counterpicked flaco on me :dizzy: Lol, even using DK, nobody cuts me any slack. lol

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
lol kenny you of all people know i dont give a **** about jeff or any falcon in particular. what made me interested in him was seeing him play live at gsg.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wanna try your dk with marth eheheh

if all fails ill just go style mode.

shorten my sword, turn my blue hair to super saiyan blond, and get several years younger.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
i wanna try your dk with marth eheheh

if all fails ill just go style mode.

shorten my sword, turn my blue hair to super saiyan blond, and get several years younger.
Idk...i'm a marth killa. lol. Y.Link is definitely a better bet. lol, although i didn't have any problem with ChuDats Y.link.....

Top Bottom