• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i uploaded a new video to youtube... it's... different...

I remember when pewpewu played jr and beat him....Then he played Mike and beat him...and then someone said he was taking FTA members out 1 by 1, and then I played him...He beat a really good marth, and then a really good samus, and then lost to a DK. Bwahahahaha. TY to my brother and JR for the stupid amount of marth practice..lol. But pewpewu, like a lot of marth players, won't pick marth against me. I played him at a cgc recently and he counterpicked flaco on me :dizzy: Lol, even using DK, nobody cuts me any slack. lol
pssh i've beaten pewpewu's marth in tournament before.
he would **** me so bad now it's not even funny

lol kenny you of all people know i dont give a **** about jeff or any falcon in particular. what made me interested in him was seeing him play live at gsg.
yeah, i believe you.

i forgot that for some unimaginable reason, you don't love falcon and/or jeff.
(not human)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxJzsB5h8G8&feature=sub

man fuerte is really entertaining to watch, he moves extremely ****ing fast, its like the equivalent of dash dancing with fox or marth, or even faster possibly. really boss match.
Good stuff though he still lost. I think SF IV is pretty interesting to watch anytime outside of shoto turtle fighters. I thought Evo's matches were really great, and I don't even know how to play

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Edit: ok nick call me when you're almost here or something. I might also have a friend that wants to come that could possibly be on the way but I'll know if he wants to go later tonight

Anyways since the Merced tournament is on the 11th, I can't go. I forgot I had signed up for ACT testing that day so.....yeah there's no way I can make it now. Ugh, locked up schedule until who knows when.

At least I wanted to go play in a tournament since I haven't been able to smash with anyone because of school and yeah this....so I'm thinking there will never be any time to smash until maybe winter break or something

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im going to a brawl tourny on tuesday and cgc melee on 25th hehe

practicing in my room right now

ylink sux

but i sitll get off ♥

im going to a brawl tourny on tuesday and cgc melee on 25th hehe

practicing in my room right now

ylink sux

but i sitll get off ♥
Haha brawl tournament, I would like to play in one of those one of these days. My Meta Knight is too good now. OoS Dair is so broken, I thought OoS nair and shuttle loop were, but OoS sh dair sets up a lot of edgeguards against characters with mediocre recoveries.

Also I've gotten down the teleport distance SDI. I find it so fun to use.

I might finally be able to play brawl at Genesis 2 haha, hopefully this time when I make it out of pools I actually pay attention to the bracket instead of watching melee games

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol wtf is that

and yea oos dair has a lot of range

im glad on aib i dont lose to any other char but mk LOL

what a gay char

Do you mean wtf is teleport SDI? I've gotten better at it so I can move a really significant amount of distance that it makes me look like I teleport around. Especially with multi-hit moves. Pikachu's dsmash does like 2% to me lol or something really small. I've been trying to learn how to SDI G&W's nair which is one of the hardest moves to learn how to do so, but it's really worth it.

I'll show you on wifi if you're up for a couple of games. Garbage tech skill NO ONE would try learning, but it's essential in my opinion. It's just too good not to use. How good are the people on ladder? I know some really good people play on it, but what about the average skill level there?

10edits.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
um

i would advise just to play anyone on the ladder hehe, thats thep oint of a ladder

the higher ranked u get, the better the people that wanna play you

you'll get used to a lot of different play styles
of metaknight, oli, snake, lucario LOL

um

i would advise just to play anyone on the ladder hehe, thats thep oint of a ladder

the higher ranked u get, the better the people that wanna play you

you'll get used to a lot of different play styles
of metaknight, oli, snake, lucario LOL
I haven't played a whole lot of olimar, sounds good. I haven't been too enthusiastic about laddering up in games after grinding so much on shoddy battle before but alright. I usually do adapt really quickly in brawl, one of my biggest strengths is that. I heard lucario players play really really annoying

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
mexican you need to start answering my texts. come over my house and smash if you want whenever dude

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah yeah, but you get used to luc once you realize his dair range is small so u just have to not be under him, and that the hitboxes of his ground moves come out really slow

i used to be scared of getting near him with sheik, but then i realized my jabs and ftilt come out faster than everything he does LOL

i still camp him though ♥

the main reason luc is annoying is cuz input lag makes it hard to react to fsmashes and fully charged aura spheres. however if u just keep a proper distance from him, you wont even be hit by fsmashes and u can see aura spheres from a mile away

olimar is much worse. probably the strongest character on wifi besides mk lol.

but still, i use sheik and get off

Yeah Olimar used to make me feel like I was playing melee marth because he can dance around an area and then pivot grab you forever. It was really annoying for me until I started to risk over shooting with aerials when they do that at the ledge or jump towards him and then back to make him think I was approaching. I'm not a huge fan of this match-up for either my G&W or MK. I can play MK dittos any day, but it's boring.

I got down the spacing for hitting past G&W's dair with uair. G&W's dair is one of MK's harder things to deal with since the timing and spacing has to be perfect for MK to avoid it and trading hits is never a good thing in that match-up. This match-up is **** or be ***** unless you want to play it right and just turtle the entire match with ftilt and shuttle loop, then MK wins

MK's reverse dair approach probably ***** lucario anyways. I don't think he has any move with a huge hitbox that covers the space diagonally in front of him.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yea oli is one of the matchups in brawl where u are forced to be aggressive cuz he outcamps pretty much any character, including luc pit and snake.

man mk demolishes sheik's ground game, and its really hard to stay away and needle the whole time. chain is EXCELLENT, and i'm learning the situations where it is best and when i should retract it...

glide attack is the best option against it, i wonder if i can find a way to hit mk out of glide attack with the chain hehe... gotta get that angle. and then i gotta figure out how to do it on wifi LOL

getting off with mid/low tier character

is awesome

i seriously dont lose to any other matchup than mk on wifi.

sheik vs snake = funnest matchup in the game

for sheik ♥

Well yeah SC2 is definitely "deeper" than any smash game out there.

Anyways a lot of the "brawl sucks" mindset, I think, comes from this one argument Gimpyfish and a few others made after the release of brawl and everyone rode the "brawl has no combos, no depth, no balance, no tech skills, etc" train after that. The game has really developed pretty well, and the results from MLG / other tournaments really show how varied the top results are. It's just a different game, but it's definitely a good game.

Top Bottom