• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
lol oh man that was so long ago.

i believe that was a 1$ entry fee teams tourney, or a free teams tourney that happened in like 09 or 08, can't remember exactly when.

was using marth in teams johns
man marth isnt that bad in teams, you just have to play him a lot differently in teams than you do in singles, i.e. more conservatively.

now that youre gone jr its like that you dont know what you have until its gone, i wish i would have played smash with you way more often lol.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
**** playing with you ****** ********* suck. On a side note yeah literally not having anyone to play at all actually does suck.

This street fighter tourney is actually pretty poppin even considering there's a chunk that didn't come because they thought it was last week, good **** rj

Won't be watching any more melee GFs now. The matches I watched on livestream weren't all that great, but I missed all the final matches.

I really regret not watching the brawl livestream, I heard the Japanese players were amazing. I heard they powershield almost everything, haha. Brood be gettin off on the king of mewtwos.

Eh it's kind of a hit or miss thing when it comes to watching brawl matches even if they include great players like m2k. I heard m2k timed out brood in a match so yeah definitely don't want to watch those matches with excessive stalling.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah brood was powershielding sooooo much of m2k's stuff, and breaking out of random strings with fair. hes really good at spotting those openings. he read m2k so many times, olimar's grab/fsmash/usmash mixup is so dangerous. and the timeout match was still pretty darn exciting, cuz it was still close.

i really dont mind hbox's style at all, its so effective.

luckily ic's ***** puff lol

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
adaias why didnt you go to the ssfiv tourney? there were plenty of smashers there as well as people just hanging out. i was wanting to use that time to discuss what you could hack me haha.

so yesterday i finally got around to hanging out with the whole noob crew, i hadnt ever met the whole crew before, some cool peeps, including getting to see kim again, didnt think i was going to be able to see him again for a while.

jr, i seriously would consider moving down there to LA with you if you were half serious lol, now that everyone is gone from modesto i wanna gtfo of here as well. ive always wanted to live in the big city.

i could be like operation douche ****** and just bailski and no one would really care.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
but keith, if you left, i'd miss you so much...

in other news, you know you're fat when you look like you just got back from the gym as you're walking into the gym.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Sorry man, I thought so too, but I couldn't get a ride there. I could have asked Nick though
lol wtf i asked nick why adaias couldnt come and he just said that he couldnt come or he was busy or something. im sure he would have picked you up, especially considering you live so close.

but keith, if you left, i'd miss you so much...

in other news, you know you're fat when you look like you just got back from the gym as you're walking into the gym.
lol, we'd be in exactly the opposite situation that you and natasha are in.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
[really long post]

Well Hbox took Apex, armada 2nd, and m2k 3rd. Another win for a jigglypuff player, but Hbox deserves it.
I wanna watch m2k vs armada when it's up. That has potential to be a really good match.

I don't care too much about watching hbox's vids though. I am a puff main, and he can do some pretty crazy stuff sometimes, but generally he's just boring to watch

Wobblenater for sure. Well wobbling is banned from most things now anyways.

How have you guys been doing on SC2?
Andre: learn to wobble.

Lmao, Kaushik was playing against Dotey yesterday while telling us a story yesterday about his trip to paris and Dotey started wobbling him. Then kaushik just set his controller down and kept talking while Dotey wobbled him up to around 400% lol

I don't think any of us have really played SC2 that much though. Except JR, it sounds like he's played it a decent amount haha

so yesterday i finally got around to hanging out with the whole noob crew, i hadnt ever met the whole crew before, some cool peeps, including getting to see kim again, didnt think i was going to be able to see him again for a while.
Actually, the Noob crew is just me, spenser, kaushik, preet, and su. Dotey, Kim, and Stefan were part of andre's crew (the Next Level) and RJ is sort of just honorary noob crew cause he doesn't really play smash that much.

I never called Nick / he never called me. I was busy, but I could have dropped by for an hour or two. Poor communication I guess
Yeah, I never said that I talked to Adaias or anything keith. He didn't say anything on here about needing a ride (well, if he did I must've missed the post...) but anyway I just figured he had a ride or couldn't go. Yeah, just bad communication.
****ing noob crew

once i don't have pneumonia things will pick up (maybe)
Well kaushik and kim are leaving pretty soon so you'd better hurry up and get better son

[/really long post]

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol, we'd be in exactly the opposite situation that you and natasha are in.
oh ****. HAHA i hella didn't think about that.

i was trying to sound dumb, not trying to sound like natasha.
(yes, those are two different things)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hey guys, robert (guy i moved in with for those who don't know) is sitting here playing melee by himself trying to practice shffls and stuff with falco.

anyone got any tips on how he can get better besides just practicing tech skill for hours on end?

i've been playing him with link and ganon a lot lately.
idk who to use against him. i'm not gonna go fox and peach and **** so idk.

Wobbling isn't hard to do, I can do it as well, but I am no IC player so that's about all I know how to do.

I am just memorizing builds and stuff right now for SC2 since I don't have it, prob won't get it soon either with school coming up, but who knows. Apparently all the people I know from school play protoss.

Random Protoss Terran Zerg
4.00% (4) 37.00% (37) 34.00% (34) 25.00% (25) Diamond
7.48% (19) 31.89% (81) 40.16% (102) 20.47% (52) Platinum

From http://sc2ranks.com/stats/all/1/250

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nick we're a combined crew called "legito" remember? :)

and i can wobble..... sometimes

u guys have to get at my 'PROJECT STYLES' ask kim about it hehe its too good. tapped his fox all dai. inspired by scorpion master

and nick............. hbox's style is amazing to watch...

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I know we're all legito lol. I was just letting keith know that dotey, kim, stefan, and rj weren't actually from the noob crew. Hbox is fun to watch though, but I don't watch that many smash videos anymore and when I do I usually spend my time watching other players I enjoy watching more (ss, pp, shiz, ect)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hey, you're that guy from the zelda boards. What's up lol. Yeah thats a pretty bad drive, but I'm pretty sure there will be guys from merced going. if they have an extra seat, maybe you could drive to merced and get them to take you the rest of the way. Idk, you'd have to talk to blazingarrow (i'm pretty sure that's who would be driving)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
u kno what it'd like to see?

rather than getting wasted and playing mario...

or sitting on the side at the n64 setups...

i'd like to see non-sandbagging captain falcon melee isai

vs

sober mr tryhard mango using jigglypuff

Top Bottom