• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
did you know if 40% of your diet is spinach leaves, your poop will be green every time?

edit: looks like a pickle that i would hesitate to eat... but then eventually eat.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
haha yeah i noticed that on days when i'd eat a lot of salad or something.

have you noticed any physical difference with all the salad **** you eat and the gym?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yessss I finally got my AX shirt. And I ****ed my knee up pretty badly so idk if i'll be able to smash with you guys this week after all. My knee joint is swollen to the point where I can't bend it at all (and can't drive as a result). It might be better by friday, but thats kind of unlikely. I'm just hoping I'll be able to drive to the SSF4 tourney on sunday.

Speaking of the street fighter tourney, I guess RJ put the wrong date down on the flier he posted around at a few places and a bunch of ppl showed up last weekend and were really pissed off. Don't know how that's gonna effect the turn out, but I'd expect it to be quite a bit smaller than it would've otherwise been. The street fighter scene is so much larger than the smash scene though... $20 says the tournament ends up being hella short on setups.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
if you drive are you going to be able to pick me up? and are you going to need me to bring a setup? i can bring a ps3 but not a tv for obvious reasons lol.

Well I ****ed up a hard drive today, I am on some back-up one for now. I'm using Fedora (unix / linux) so I cant run ms. Just my luck. I will try to get window up and running today

The "Scorpion Master" videos are hilarious especially with the commentary.

"Only losers counter pick"
"...oh yeah you're right"

any mangs wanna mm at this upcomin tourney??? rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
are you up for a 69 cent MM? It'll be legit, trust me

I have such a headache trying to get my computer to run right. If only I knew how bios actually worked so I wouldn't have to be messing with all these set-up options and 9000+ restarts

I am using AMI v2.04 I think. I could try redownloading xp again in case my discs are bad for some reason for the mean time since I dont feel like downloading a couple GB for something like win7. It could actually be grub, but I cant read some message that pops up. Grub handles the booting of multiple OSs. I don't know if it is flashed, but I assume it isn't

Edit: Okay reinstalled xp successfully, but I still have the same problem I had before all of this mess. My machine shuts down when it's loading windows. Safe mode works just fine, but I can't run anything for obvious reasons. Have any idea what it is Keith? Hardware problem? I don't get a screen or anything, it just automatically restarts itself. I've done multiple installs from various different sources for windows...

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'll MM you joe. Your link, my fox. 3/5

BTW, SSF4 tourney this weekend for those who didn't know. I'm bringing a melee setup though for anyone who wants to show up and play. I'm bringing my 5 tvs as always but i doubt there will be enough setups to occupy all of them so someone else could probably bring another melee setup if they feel like it.

And I feel like I have Adaias' luck right now. I've probably spent 20+ hours trying to get various things to work regarding all the smash videos I have to upload and **** keeps going wrong. >: (

I don't know, my problem is definitely a hardware problem. The good thing is that it can still run some linux distribution from 2008...

I can't even upgrade so I am ****ed when it comes to needing updates for things. I tried two hard drives and they both failed to get windows up. I tried like 4 discs that I have and I never got past the windows logo screen. My ram isn't misplaced, my hard drives are fine otherwise linux wouldn't even load.

I guess I will go to this SSFIV tournament to hang out. I don't know how to play at all so I won't be throwing away money this weekend

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
are you sure your ram isnt just bad? ram is probably the most likely hardware component to be/get damaged without you knowing it. if you can get decent disto running, try running memtest, super PI, or prime95 and run a torture test. or you could just process of elimination and isolate modules.

are you sure your ram isnt just bad? ram is probably the most likely hardware component to be/get damaged without you knowing it. if you can get decent disto running, try running memtest, super PI, or prime95 and run a torture test. or you could just process of elimination and isolate modules.
Maybe my ram is bad. Yeah I was going to start running memtest. I will do that in a bit. It could be that it just got messed up while I was gone. I wouldn't mind replacing my ram sticks. I've never really had this sort of problem before. I'm not too worried. I can still run flash, IMs, and other stuff for now. I would like to have access to ms though because I've already fallen behind and it looks like people want mesos already.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm not entering the ssf4 tourney either

And yeah, I can give you a ride keith (My knee should be fine by then at the rate it's improving). RJ would definitely like you to bring your ps3 too

Are you subzero master, brother of scorpion master, Jr? I want to play some mid / lower tier characters too. I'll probably try pikachu, since he has a pretty good recovery and the thing I hate the most from lower tier characters is the weak recovery.

Kenny and I played pikachu dittos once at Keith's house and they were actually decent games

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
haha yeah i noticed that on days when i'd eat a lot of salad or something.

have you noticed any physical difference with all the salad **** you eat and the gym?
not really. i've been to the gym like 3 times but i'm still fat. i think i'm gonna complain to a manager.

lol but really i've only been going for 2 weeks so i shouldn't expect much.
Oh hai. Hows everything going on the westcoast?
good question...

Foy

Smash Champion
Sup Foy. When will you have the chance to come visit us?

Also I haven't heard from John lately. Hope he didn't end up hurting himself again haha
No idea when ill be able to come back to visit. Im living in an apartment with a bunch of smashers and just moved to a new one.

And John was visiting me for a few weeks out here and he went to a hippy festival with me. Basically it was awesome.

Hey Keith, know anything about RAID controllers? I think I may have something wrong with those drivers. It could make sense as to why I thought the hard drive was messed up, when it could actually be the raid. It would also make sense as to why linux works and not windows because the windows installation cd doesn't really deal with these things.

I don't know all that much about hardware and the basic drivers that have to do with them

Also I ran memtest and my ram was okay

Edit: Man this kind of makes wish I had a floppy drive or something to deal with this garbage. I'm going to have to integrate the drivers to a windows xp cd.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
how long did you run memtest for? i think youre supposed to run it for 24 hours to make sure. but anyways, if you think raid controllers might be messed up try booting a single drive not in raid at all. other than that ive only ever dealt with raid1 and read a little bit about raid0 and 2, but dont know how they work exactly. supposedly windows vista and 7's integrated raid controllers are legit, but i havent ran raid since i upgraded to 7 from xp. ncixcom on youtube just released a raid controllers setup and tutorial, you should watch that and get some info, that linus guy is very knowledgeable.

@nick...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU i forgot all about apex lol, did mango end up going?

how long did you run memtest for? i think youre supposed to run it for 24 hours to make sure. but anyways, if you think raid controllers might be messed up try booting a single drive not in raid at all. other than that ive only ever dealt with raid1 and read a little bit about raid0 and 2, but dont know how they work exactly. supposedly windows vista and 7's integrated raid controllers are legit, but i havent ran raid since i upgraded to 7 from xp. ncixccom on youtube just released a raid controllers setup and tutorial, you should watch that and get some info, that linus guy is very knowledgeable.

@nick...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU i forgot all about apex lol, did mango end up going?
Alright. I only left the memtest running during the morning. I could just upgrade to windows 7 anyways. I might as well do that now and save myself a headache as I barely know anything about raid.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
so you guys should come smash tomorrow, i havent played with anyone since gsg i think, which has been a while. bring rj too, gotta get some quality rj time before he leaves me :(

anyways, yeah if you dont come smash tomorrow (which is probably going to be the case) what time can you come get me nick? do i have to bring just my ps3 again?

Keith I fixed it with the installation of windows 7. It was probably the raid drivers that weren't working anymore with installations of xp. Ah good to be back. I'll have to update my hacks and stuff, but I will be ready soon

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hey guys. robert started playing falco in melee (as opposed to luigi or pikachu) and he's been practicing short lasers and shffls and such. he'll be moving along nicely if he actually commits... too bad i hear there are no smashers in texas.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
yeah I won't be able to go over today. But i'll pick you up around 11am tmw and we'll all hang out at the venue. I'm pretty sure you just need to bring the stuff you brought last time, but i'll talk to RJ and find out for sure

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Mine is SageOsaka. If you've got anything decent you don't want or can hook up, or some mesos to spare, lemme know I'm a scrub and I have like nothing lol

Top Bottom