• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

I might go see kickass tmw

And hypothetically speaking (assuming I had 5 tvs, recording equipment, and a venue already picked out), if I started hosting smash tourneys this summer how many of you guys would actually go? Cuz I'm highly considering it but it's pointless if there aren't enough people interested. And yeah, I asked this 6 months ago but you all probably have different **** going on now and some of you (kenny, anthony) don't seem particularly enthusiastic about smash anymore. Hell, they could just be smashfests or $1 entry tourneys if you guys don't feel like wasting cash. But let me know
cuz this isn't hypothetical at all
Yes yes yes. I will attend all of them between June and late July (I will be gone late july and early august.). I'll be back the first week of august to start school.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
kick-*** was good. i was surprised at how much i liked it.

positive thoughts:

it didn't have boring parts.

it earned it's "R" rating.

nick cage.

hitgirl.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yesterday i was celebrating my friends 18th bday ahha she is a hella good singer

tmw im ready 2 ****

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be down on account of moving back home during the summer.

But real talk you should drive to my place tomorrow for some smash.
Moving back home? Tell your family to move to Modesto. Problem solved.

Yes yes yes. I will attend all of them between June and late July (I will be gone late july and early august.). I'll be back the first week of august to start school.
Aite sounds good

kick-*** was good. i was surprised at how much i liked it.

positive thoughts:

it didn't have boring parts.

it earned it's "R" rating.

nick cage.

hitgirl.
Definitely gonna go see it now. No one that I've talked to has really said anything bad about it

Miztik

Smash Master
I might go see kickass tmw

And hypothetically speaking (assuming I had 5 tvs, recording equipment, and a venue already picked out), if I started hosting smash tourneys this summer how many of you guys would actually go? Cuz I'm highly considering it but it's pointless if there aren't enough people interested. And yeah, I asked this 6 months ago but you all probably have different **** going on now and some of you (kenny, anthony) don't seem particularly enthusiastic about smash anymore. Hell, they could just be smashfests or $1 entry tourneys if you guys don't feel like wasting cash. But let me know
cuz this isn't hypothetical at all
although i do not really care much about smash, if you held these i'd still go to them, if anything just to hang out and play some not much tho, just make sure then venue has internet so i can play CS when i get bored lmao

i'd be willing to get back into smash maybe if we had more events around here, but its so dead here i dont care much to play

Yeah I see what you mean Anthony. The only reason I play any smash at all is to play with others. I rarely play brawl anymore because no one wants to play that game so no purpose in playing that by myself.

I'm pretty sure Nick should be able to get a place with internet. We should hold some shoddy battle matches Andre haha

Also does anyone here have SC2 beta? I only have some lame crack, though it's done it's purpose of letting me see those new units

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i play smash so that i can be really good lol i have no problem playing with cpu's for a while or training tech / new characters

i happen to love wifi

i just dont go to tournys lol cuz im 2 layz usually

Man playing on wifi is so lame. It's hard to find people worth your time. So many noobs. It's a toss-up and there's also the chance there's a HUEG amount of lag.

There are some good players, but they don't know how to adapt so they might beat me once or twice and from there they get steamrolled the rest of the time

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the top 20 or so on aib are usually pretty darn good

i lost to a lag ike one time

but that was 1 out of like a 50 ppl i played

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Keiths gonna go and will hopefully drag anthony and kenny with him

Fta should go too. :D

Edit: Idk what time you're going adaias but i've got work until 6 and probably won't get there until 6:30. Don't leave andre's too early or I won't get to play you lol

Keiths gonna go and will hopefully drag anthony and kenny with him

Fta should go too. :D

Edit: Idk what time you're going adaias but i've got work until 6 and probably won't get there until 6:30. Don't leave andre's too early or I won't get to play you lol
I should still be there at 6. Probably will leave at like 9 or 10 as always.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
dont feel like multi quoting *****es right now.

yeah nick i'd definitely go to your smashfest/tourney things if enough (any) people went. also, would it be possible for you to pick me up? cinco de mayo draws near and lots of popos are out, and they are missing their nana so theyre probably gonna super **** my registration.

suuwo, yeah i have access to a sc2 beta but i havent bothered to try to get at it since i'm kinda anticipating playing when its released. same as when i had access to BC and wotlk betas and i didnt use them because i have much more fun experiencing stuff new when it goes live.

FTA: you guys should go to andres, and if andre has to have us leave too early we can go back to my house and play, you can stay over if you want.

to everyone else, including aforementioned people: <3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
as early as you want. do u have school?

nick i will definitely go to your tournys, where would they be?

as early as you want. do u have school?

nick i will definitely go to your tournys, where would they be?
Unfortunately, I have school. I could skip school though..,

My sisters don't have school because the stanislaus school district is out of money. Shame I am the Modesto City Schools district so I have school. I'll go after school. If I didn't have things to turn in, I would have honestly just skipped school to play more smash. Busy week so I can't afford to skip on any school haha. (maybe friday since all the psych kids will be gone) :psycho:

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
update. i can use my moms car tomorrow but not till like 3. you guys will probably have long been started by then but i'll try to head there then, i'll see if douche eater and salad bar want to come too.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thats fine, suuwo will probably be heading here around that time too

nick i'd imagine woudl be here earlier...?

i'm guessing.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
thats fine, suuwo will probably be heading here around that time too

nick i'd imagine woudl be here earlier...?

i'm guessing.
nah he said in an earlier post that he doesnt get off work till like 6 or something. but if he ends up not or getting off work earlier than like 2 then hit me up nick i'll go with you

P.S.

FTA you *****z should come out and play too.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I miss the old days...how come you guys don't come visit me!? (Park, Lumpy, Miz, MacD etc..) I'm still in Fresno we can play Melee or Brawl or I can even show yall whats up in Modern Warfare 2 (360 version) I want to play Smash with yall but I'm so ****in busy. Monday and Tuesdays I'm free though...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
come to modesto then lol we planned this a while ago

fresno is hella far man go to merced, they smash like everyday

Miztik

Smash Master
ill be going today, hey andre should i take my tv/cube?

txt me to let me know or ill just check back here ina few hours.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah i won't be able to get there any earlier than 6:30. And I'll bring a full setup and extra tvs if you think we'll need them (just let me know).

As far as the smash tourneys go, I've been going to different venues pretty much since last summer trying to find a place to host them that didn't have a crazy venue fee. Hotels were actually pretty much the cheapest venues I could find but were still $100 a day. The places in Ripon are all hella expensive ($200, $400, and $1200 a day) and places like Boomers and Strikezone are something like $50 an hour.

I finally found a place that will let us use the venue for free or at least for really cheap (probably just cost the standard $2 a person) but I haven't finalized anything yet. While it doesn't have wifi that I know of, it's probably still the best option. And that option is...

--> Krier's cards and comics in Modesto. It's hella close to Andre's house (so he can't john about it being too far away) and they host card game tournaments there all the time so a video game tournament isn't all that different (they already told me it would be fine). They've also got plenty of tables and chairs with close outlets so that won't be a problem either. The only downside is that since they have tournaments there already, they're busy on friday and saturday. That would mean that mon-thurs or sunday are the only options (which might be a problem for people with work or who go to church). The hours are 11-8 Mon-Thurs and 11-6 on Sunday. Since it closes early on sunday it would be hard to get the tournament finished on time too... so idk. Thoughts on the venue? I'm still looking around but Kriers seems like it would work ok

Yeah i won't be able to get there any earlier than 6:30. And I'll bring a full setup and extra tvs if you think we'll need them (just let me know).

As far as the smash tourneys go, I've been going to different venues pretty much since last summer trying to find a place to host them that didn't have a crazy venue fee. Hotels were actually pretty much the cheapest venues I could find but were still $100 a day. The places in Ripon are all hella expensive ($200, $400, and $1200 a day) and places like Boomers and Strikezone are something like $50 an hour.

I finally found a place that will let us use the venue for free or at least for really cheap (probably just cost the standard $2 a person) but I haven't finalized anything yet. While it doesn't have wifi that I know of, it's probably still the best option. And that option is...

--> Krier's cards and comics in Modesto. It's hella close to Andre's house (so he can't john about it being too far away) and they host card game tournaments there all the time so a video game tournament isn't all that different (they already told me it would be fine). They've also got plenty of tables and chairs with close outlets so that won't be a problem either. The only downside is that since they have tournaments there already, they're busy on friday and saturday. That would mean that mon-thurs or sunday are the only options (which might be a problem for people with work or who go to church). The hours are 11-8 Mon-Thurs and 11-6 on Sunday. Since it closes early on sunday it would be hard to get the tournament finished on time too... so idk. Thoughts on the venue? I'm still looking around but Kriers seems like it would work ok
WOW. How did I know kriers would be the place to host this stuff? Someone in our smash irc channel for shoddy told me to go to a card shop and I thought about kriers IMMEDIATELY. And of course Nick beat me to it.

I think Sunday would be a good day. Just be a strict TO Nick. Make sure to put in specific "breaks" for people who want to go eat so they all don't leave at different times. Smash tournaments overall need to get more strict.

haha back in 6th grade I would hang out at kriers though I didn't play anything. I would just watch people play magic, yugioh, or some fighting game. Good stuff

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
finishing a tournament from 11-6 is insane LOL

i mean its doable but its so short

Sunday? i have to go to church yo

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's the problem. Maybe I can convince them to keep the store open longer... LOL. I agree though, 7 hours isn't really enough time to finish a tournament and no one's really gonna want to get there at 11. I'll figure something out though. When do you have church on sunday though andre? Do you just go in the morning or do you go later too?

Edit: Just got home from work. I'm heading over now with a setup.

And idk how many people would actually go to the tournaments. They might end up being really small, so 7 hours could be plenty of time. If nothing else we could just use it for smashfests though :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
on sundays it depends, its sometimes 10-11 in the morning or 730 to 830 in the evening, and i even go to manteca sometimes

and its not uncommon for me to go to some sort of youth group function in the afternoon

MEXICAN

Smash Lord

lol, I would say if you did this, I'd come and bring the FTA with me, but on a Sunday, the very earliest i'd be able to get there would be like...1. lol. I have church in the morning too, and it usually doesn't end until 12:30-1:00, but I can probably leave by 12, but thats in Stockton. It'd still take time to pick up the FTA and get to Modest-ho. Maybe throw teams first? Wtf do I care about teams? I use DK, I'm not that good in teams. lol

Top Bottom