• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
MacD, I dunno if you heard, but I joined this really cool Facebook group today.

It's about a debate between who people cheered for during the M2K/Armada set. I think you know who I went with.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
my parents are taking my car to get the tires replaced tomorrow, so i cant go anywhere even if i wanted to
what about wed?

if you want, i'll take the bus to your house tomorrow (if adaias goes)...

It's about a debate between who people cheered for during the M2K/Armada set. I think you know who I went with.

i heard a bit of both but m2k's was a bit louder.
that made me really happy that people were finally not rooting against m2k.
he's been hated on for a while now.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I wanted M2K to play Mango in finals at Pound SOOOO much, and I strongly believe he could have been there.

I wouldn't have cared who won though, lol. Puff vs Marth would've been epic as all though.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
he wouldn't go marth. he thinks that MU is ****ed for marth lol (which i kinda see)

but his fox was playing sooo well against armada

gawd

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I know, makes me sad.

Lol M2K woulda 2-0'd Armada if he didn't get all jumpy when he had a clear advantage last stock.

Big ol doofus.

DRPP, I agree. He also lost two stock on that last game from jumping off the ledge. I don't know the reasoning behind jumping off the ledge.

Kenny I don't think I'll be able to go to Andre's tomorrow. I have to do some dumb IB science project. I present it on wednesday night so I won't be free until thursday / friday.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
haha cool
so you and nick are free on thur/fri and andre's free on tues/wed...

on thursday, nick and adaias should come to keith's to play smash.
(keith might even play with us!!!!)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
(9:47:05 PM) DrpeepeeF: you're cheating?
(9:47:10 PM) lumpycpuman: some other human being with a ***** and strong arms
(9:47:15 PM) DrpeepeeF: i dont approve
(9:47:33 PM) DrpeepeeF: how dare you cheat on me with macd!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Nick: Good **** in teams, man! We did hella good against the two scrubs who think theyre winning ucm
Stop Fairing in openings where more dmg can be done. Might have been just nerves, but I could have sworn, while you were playing singles vs me n others and teams, I saw like 6-7 instances where the other guy was at like 90-100% and was recovering from landing from a upb/sideb ONTO the stage right in front of you, and you would just fair them instead of going for an easier option (fsmash mostly). iono, just my twocents for stuff to work on in the future.
I haven't been wanting to play puff much, and have only really used puff because she's far better than any of my other characters. (Kinda like how I didn't feel like playing zelda the entire time Foy was here LOL). I was pretty annoyed by how I was playing that entire day though because I knew I was making lots of mistakes but couldn't pinpoint some of the basic things I was doing wrong. My edgeguarding was definitely off and almost every rest I went for was stupid/way too risky. Anyways, thanks for bringing that up. I always appreciate constructive criticism and suggestions.

for zelda just play regular and u should win. like, if u reach a certain level with ic's, she just shouldn't be a problem anymore unless ur playing the best zelda in the world lol. ic's speed shuts her down. or if ur fly, u can shut her down with camping.
Yeah I only beat andre once the other day in this matchup and I was playing exceptionally well. I wish it was being recorded so that I could have taken notes from myself XD. Actually though, I need to get some matches of how i'm doing currently with puff so that I can fix my mistakes. Someone smash with me and record it

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I'll **** you with a rake"

also, coming hard onto a girl physically and saying "Relax! I'll pay for the first abortion"

god teamliquid is horrible sometimes XD
lmao, that's terrible

haha cool
so you and nick are free on thur/fri and andre's free on tues/wed...

on thursday, nick and adaias should come to keith's to play smash.
(keith might even play with us!!!!)
Sounds good!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nick, i might be able to record.

i'd have to get my vcr from my house and i've been meaning to get a few things from there anyway.
we'll have to wait and see.

adaias, are you down?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
If you're able that'd be fine Kenny, thanks. Gotta get some footage for the Modesto combo video anyway haha

Actually, if anyone has one of those Dazzle things I could record to my laptop too, lol

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
I haven't been wanting to play puff much, and have only really used puff because she's far better than any of my other characters. (Kinda like how I didn't feel like playing zelda the entire time Foy was here LOL). I was pretty annoyed by how I was playing that entire day though because I knew I was making lots of mistakes but couldn't pinpoint some of the basic things I was doing wrong. My edgeguarding was definitely off and almost every rest I went for was stupid/way too risky. Anyways, thanks for bringing that up. I always appreciate constructive criticism and suggestions.
Yeah, no problem. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about crap/pinpointing stuff in ur game.
And that sucks about not wanting to play puf. Whenever I think of norcal puff, I think Nick. (maybe huygya, too, but i havent seen that guy in awhile)
Well, I guess it makes sense seeing that ive never seen you play fox before that day.
im sure you could get into another char in some time if you choose to switch. . . and hey, if you didyou prolly would be more familiar with the puff matchup than most.

And someone come pick me up if you guys smash and record. . . . DO ITTTT!!!

Fullhop fair??

And might I be the only modestian who wanted armada to win the m2kvsAR?

MacD

Banned via Administration

why can't i see that you joined this group?!?!?!

and 3rd round... guess who started that armada chant... :D

(9:47:05 PM) DrpeepeeF: you're cheating?
(9:47:10 PM) lumpycpuman: some other human being with a ***** and strong arms
(9:47:15 PM) DrpeepeeF: i dont approve
(9:47:33 PM) DrpeepeeF: how dare you cheat on me with macd!
... idk if i'm scared or not, and i don't remember being with kenny... i remember zhu, and cactuar, and darc, and maybe mango... probably some other random people, but i can't for the life of me remember kenny... must not have made an impression ;)

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
ok, i'll come over at least once. . . text me your schedule. . .

and even though him vs amsah would have been more entertaining, if m2k won, I dont believe that he would much of a chance at beating hbox. armada winning gives us a better shot at avoiding a puff ditto GF.
Plus, if he loses to amsah, we get to hear even more from him about how much of an advantage sheik has on marth (which I highly doubt, as well

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
right, Well I expect him to "lose to his confidence" when playing them for quite a long time

armada and puffs cant be played against in a straightforward style. You sometimes have to adapt in-game.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
... idk if i'm scared or not, and i don't remember being with kenny... i remember zhu, and cactuar, and darc, and maybe mango... probably some other random people, but i can't for the life of me remember kenny... must not have made an impression ;)
low blow, bro... low blow...
Sheik ***** Marth.

And M2k doesn't lose to Armada or Hbox. M2k loses to his confidence.
i approve of this post even though i only half agree.
m2k is the best player in the world.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
If you're able that'd be fine Kenny, thanks. Gotta get some footage for the Modesto combo video anyway haha

Actually, if anyone has one of those Dazzle things I could record to my laptop too, lol
i have a dazzle, a computer, and a vcr. i like to use all three but i can skip the vcr if needed.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
right, Well I expect him to "lose to his confidence" when playing them for quite a long time

armada and puffs cant be played against in a straightforward style. You sometimes have to adapt in-game.
Ok, M2k lost to Armada before and hungrybox a couple of times before. But the last sets he played against them at #4 came to last game, last stock, last hit (arguably). At that point, nervous play won't do you any good.

Also, robots do whatever they want.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i want to play xilobro hella bad

we had our own random stage set for falcon dittos, we obviously had fun.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
haha, very true.

I don't remember what was on it, but I do remember green greens and jungle japes

and now we can do fox dittos, since I think I only suck slightly more than you with him now

also, aim?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'll post what i remember so others can borrow our amazing falcon ditto tactics.

yoshi's, fd, jungle japes, greengreens, mushkingdomII (very important) and maybe a few more

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
jpeg, i fell in love with that cool drill shine type stuff i was doing to you on the platforms.

MacD

Banned via Administration
omg kenny, now i remeber...

i can't belive i forgot, i feel like such a bad person

i don't see how someone could forgive me for such a horrendous error

i forgot vidjo

Miztik

Smash Master
modesto combo video

has to include me, the fine master of fullhop fair

AND UPTHROW TO NOTHING

-100=1337.
ill upthrow to dair i dont suck like kenny who cant even upthrow upair combo...

And might I be the only modestian who wanted armada to win the m2kvsAR?
we arent friends

Sheik ***** Marth.

And M2k doesn't lose to Armada or Hbox. M2k loses to his confidence.
marth vs shiek mm?

I want to record... I has laptop
when you coming to modesto

and now we can do fox dittos, since I think I only suck slightly more than you with him now

also, aim?
doubtful haha

Top Bottom